Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of them cancelling the full-day kingergarten idea. I mean, they JUST started implementing it. :dohh: Talk about waste of resources. I think Kyree needs to go all day too, she's just too busy!

I heard today, from some moms at playgroup, that if they DO cancel all day Kindergarten, that they'll keep it in the schools that already have it, but they won't be adding it to any new schools.

Hey gals - I am a teacher and we heard from the head of our board yesterday that it won't be cancelled...

^ thats what my OH said, he read in the toronto star that they can't cancel it because the funding has already been spent on it.

I read the same, I think it was the Minister of Finance or something who said it? :hugs:

Hope everyone has a good day.

ya I guess claiming that stuff doesn't hurt... I just get frustrated because we don't have a high income, but it is like just high enough to get screwed over every year so I end up paying loads back in taxes :( And then I hear all these other people talking about how they get great returns. It just doesn't seem fair.

Sorry simon was naughty, sarah! It is frustrating.

Ugh. Last year I had to pay on my taxes as well and I was on sick benefits for the last couple of months of 2010 and most of the year on Work Share which basically means I was on unemployment plus reduced hours. Yeesh. Makes me worried for this year because the only "income" I received was the sick benefits the first 3 months. Then I quit my job because we moved. Now we only have one income.

This is quite the epic thread... >7000 pages! :thumbup:

Nice to see some fellow Canadians! :hi:

:hi: Casey!

I haven't heard or read anything about the kindergarten but it's been busy :rofl:

that's good to know they won't cancel the ones already in place though :)

I hope everyone is having a good day

I don't like the idea of all day every day Kindergarten. Some kids, like Isaiah, are only 3 when they start and a lot of them still need a nap. Even those who don't nap become angry little monsters by the end of the day, and that's only on all day every other day. I don't understand why they had to change things. Half Day Every Day worked well, and so did the 15 minute recess. This whole balanced nutrition day is silly, in my opinion. It's like we're trying to teach kids to speed eat, and I'm sorry, I don't want to wreck that for my savouring son. Zoe comes home with full lunches every school day because she doesn't have enough time to eat. She already overstuffs and we're trying to teach her not to, yet the school wants her to eat in less than 20 minutes. Not only that, but she's used to breakfast, small snack at 10, lunch at noon, small snack at 2 and dinner around 5. Now she's starving when she comes home at 3, even though she ate only 2 hours beforehand, topped with a full day of drained energy. It's ridiculous. Zoe hasn't napped since she was around 3, but her teachers have said she has a massive meltdown by 2pm because she's so exhausted, and she's begging for a nap by 3:30pm.

I know Isaiah is ready for school, but I don't think he'll be ready for all day every day. He doesn't nap, most days, only if we're in a car and it's late afternoon, but I'm afraid we're going to see an increase in his meltdowns once it starts at his school. This whole idea never should have come into practice in the first place. As many say to Facebook, why fix what's not broken?

You don't HAVE to send them Brandi.... It is your choice what days and how long you send your child to school :D School only becomes mandatory at grade 1 level.

Jasmine will also be only 3 when she starts school but she will be more then ready for all day every day. I can't wait LOL I had a small heart attack when the thought was that they wouldn't offer it :rofl:

Hi Casey3! Welcome!

Screw kindergarten! I wish they offered a reform camp for toddlers.
This morning, Simon emptied the entire contents of the filing cabinet on the floor and mixed it all together. He is the devil. Full stop.

Yeah, I know...that`s just my vent of the day. Regardless, I don`t think the all day every day thing is right for 3 and 4 year olds. I already vented to my Mayhem ladies about my issues with Budget Rent-A-Car charging my card twice and refusing to credit my credit card, and now ignoring my emails...but I won`t get into that here.

Oh nooooooooooooo Sarah :rofl:

There are days I think bootcamp would be *very* beneficial to Hannah to :grr: She is the devil reincarnated at times, I swear she is!!

Today has been good though, much better than the last two days thank God or I might have walked out the door :rofl:

I have to agree... Jasmine needs bootcamp LOL

Last week at dance my mom came and unfortunately Jasmine took that opportunity to play up the drama and left the class early, not because she doesn't like dance, she has a great time. But because she knows my mom will play into whatever little drama episode she puts out.

So she tried it with me again this week and I marched her little ass back in there and told her not to come out until the class was over. She listened... ha ha... and she looked like she had a great time in there.

Soooo annoying though! I probably looked like the mean witch mom though ahha

Don't they have nap time in kindergarten?? They did when I was in it haha

I will thoroughly enjoy all-day kindergarten. Surely they have snack time too?

Oh joss I can just imagine you laying down the law! :lol:

Zoe started this year and she's all day every other day. There is NO nap time or quiet time, and rather than have lunch time, they have two 20-minute "nutrition breaks", so pretty much, two snack times.

After four years of 3 main meals and 2 snacks in a day, it's been a big adjustment for Zoe.

My Mom is bad for playing it up with Claire as well. We went over to her place for lunch after playgroup this week and C knows that my Mom always has ice cream. She wanted some, but I told her I wanted her to eat her soup first. Then (of course) she doesn't want the soup. My Mom shot up and was going to make her something different.

I had to stop her and remind her that we don't play that game, C gets what we get. :dohh: So my Mom starts huffing about it. Of course, C doesn't eat her soup so she didn't get ice cream. She was crying about it as we were leaving (overtired) and my Mom says that she can get a small scoop and put it in a bowl for her. :dohh:

Again, I had to say no... and that she knew if she didn't eat her lunch she wouldn't get ice cream and if my Mom gave it to her then she'd be reinforcing that C doesn't need to listen to us. :roll:

OF COURSE my Mom starts bitching about how it's "just a bit of ice cream". :haha: No wonder my kid comes back from her place or MIL's acting like a she-devil. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->