Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Oh, poor baby! Hope little J has a better night! :( Try the Vicks on the feet! That might help?

Argh!!! Tobe, go the f*** to sleep!!!!! We need to leave here about 6m tomorrow and I had him conked out on the boob. Carefully, quietly got up to finish the packing and chores and within five minutes, a little rosy-cheeked plumpkins comes toddling out to see what I was up to! :dohh: Am having to resort to full-on "see-ya-in-the-morning-kid!" sleep strategies! :rofl:
hmm. wonder if anyone has written that sleep strategy book yet? Possible lucrative market???

lol sarah, im glad that Simon is adjusting to his classes :D Thats great and I agree, Jasmine usually does better without me.

Hope tobe gave yousome sleep last night :D

LOL at the boob covered in toddler mush!

I haven't been around much either the last few days. Jack's been a horrendous sleeper the last 5 or 6 nights. Lucky to get 2 or 3 hrs of broken sleep. Thankfully got about 5 hrs last night so feeling slightly more human today! Hubby is actually going to get a cooked meal tonight! Last night was chicken nuggets and fries, Tuesday was frozen pizza! LOL Not very good for Valentine's Day.

vicks on the feet seemed to help. she slept pretty good. fell asleep about 9:30 dream feeds at 12,2 and 4:30 to nurse and slept till 7:30.

and she didn't cry when i left her at the sitters today :wohoo:

I read but had so much to catch up on and didn't retain much on my phone. I hope everyone is doing well. Anything exciting planned for the weekend?

Way to go Simon & J!

I hope Tobe slept for you Sarah.

B had her first day at the sitter's and cried and wanted to be held the entire time. I'm hoping next week goes better.

OMG OMG OMG Jadyn SLEPT!!

she fell asleep at 9 but tossed and turned and whimpered a lot... so i got her up at 10 gave her a dose of advil and stuck some vicks on her feet, turned on the humidifier and she fell back asleep right away pretty much and i woke up at 6 and offered to nurse her... she didn't seem to want to and just kept sleeping. she woke up when i was in the shower around 7.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

ok so regarding the full day kindergarten... Brandi that sound really odd how that school has chosen to deal with the full day kindergarten. I believe they chose to do it that way rather than follow the rest of the school's routine.

The school that I'm at the students have recess and lunch recess outside with all the other kids and then have an outside play time supervised with the teacher in the afternoon. Some classes have two snack times one in the morning before recess and one in the afternoon some don't. All of them have 15-20 minutes to eat their lunches though. When the school year started the K's had 40 minutes to eat lunch and 20 minutes to eat snack in the morning and they had their own play time outside. We transitioned them in November to fit with the rest of the school and their time table. It was a great way to ease them into eating quicker and into the general school routine.

If Zoe is coming home with no lunch being eaten I would suggest that she and her EA/TA start eating before the other kids. She has someone in the classroom helping her out right? A lot of special needs kids get extra time to eat here because it takes them longer.

Zoe was lucky. She was given a full-time EA, which is rare here. It's not that there's a shortage, but because the schoolboard doesn't like to pay for full-time EA's. While she's on the high-functioning side, because of her incontinence and extremely short attention span, and strong will, she easily becomes a disruption and needs constant supervision and redirection. If she sees the opportunity, she WILL take off, and it's not because she's trying to be funny. She's a very impulsive child.

Anyway, that's the way the schools have scheduled their days around here for quite a few years. I think it started in 2006 when I was pregnant with Zoe. I'm not sure about other school boards close by though. They call it the "Balanced Day".

Hi ladies,
This thread is much too long to catch up, but if you'd be okay with my jumping in late, I'd be thankful. I have a 12 month old boy and am expecting another in October! Have my ultrasound on Tuesday, was originally Monday till they realized there be nI doc to talk to me due to family day, lol. I live in London Ontario.

My little boy sleeps wonderfully overnight, naps are not his strong suit. We attempt two per day but they only last 20-40 minutes, an hour occasionally if I'm lucky. He fights everytime though! I'm still breastfeeding him but today he has begun to act a bit funny about it. Latches then let's go as if not interested. I was hoping he'd go till I was like 4 months pregnant. We took him in for his first haircut today, gosh he looks adorable!

:hi: Welcome Hopeful!

We have family in London :)

I'm Vickie, mommy to 3.5 year old Hannah and married to Stan. Oh and pregnant with #2 as well :D

Good luck with your US!

Welcome hopeful!!! Congrats! I heard bm goes back to colostrum once your pregnant so toddlers dislike the taste?

I am josslyn I have a 3 year old girl and 18 month old boy and I'm pregnant with our 3rd :)

You are right. Breastmilk is supposed to change back to colostrum at like 4-5 months into pregnancy. Once that happens some babies wean themselves, some wean then return to it after the new baby is born, and some power right through it. Today I think his issue is teething and stuffiness. He started back on it this evening, so I think we are still going strong :) I currently added one small two ounce cup of homo milk per day since my supply went down with pregnancy but he's not a big fan.
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hey Ladies,

My husband and I live 3 hours east of Toronto. We are expecting our first chil, a little girl,due April,28,2012 . That puts me at 30 weeks and 1 day. We are so very excited to be expecting our first :)

:hi: Welcome and congrats :) Our due dates aren't far off, I'm due May 6th :)

busy day here. We met up with Sara and J and Tasha and Elyse :D It was fun but we were gone from 10:30-6 :sleep:

Welcome mominapril!!! We are east of toronto as well, close to belleville.

Hi Hopeful and mominapril! :hi:
Nice to meet you!
I am Sarah, married, with two little boys (Simon and Tobe) in Calgary.

So long long epic four days of driving, but going to my uncle's funeral was really wonderful. I reconnected with cousins, watched my sweet aunt deal with her loss with such grace and composure, and felt really close to my family. We've stayed in touch, but I haven't seen most of my cousins for a good 10 years. We've all moved pretty far away from each other. So it was an emotional few days, but emotional in a really good way - I didn't mourn my uncle. We celebrated him. And I hugged a lot of beloved relatives!
Anyway, we are home and I am so tired.
I think we will try to do penguins at the Zoo tomorrow, but we'll have to go super early because Family Day will mean ridiculous crowds. I will see how our morning goes. Our community association is doing a winter fun day, so we may just go out and do that. Whatever we choose, it will include a LOT of physical activity. I feel so bad for my little guys. They spent almost 24 hours in car seats in the last four days. Poor boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->