Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Healthy balance of paranoia Wendy??? :lol:

I'm not paying any more than I already do for my food...organic is more expensive and it doesn't last as long so I'm going for the conventionally grown food :) Plus I live on a produce farm that uses pesticides so I'm a little biased.

My mom is anti-apple juice because of toxins in the apples? Have no idea, she saw it on Dr. Oz but it doesn't matter because Elyse doesn't drink juice. I also let her have popcorn, lol. The only thing she has choked on really is carrots :dohh:

SPEAKING OF VEGETABLES... How can I make her just eat them? She'll eat a pint of blueberries but not one slice of cucumber :dohh:

Hopefully today I will be able to get in on the conversations rather than struggling with a tiny update on a slow phone. Had a nice dinner and chocolate cake for dessert, dh brought me home flowers :) Opened some champagne that came with a diaper cake when Jack was born and just watched tv and had a couple of glasses. Course the lovey evening turned crap when jack was awake from 4 to 530 this am, that's tooth no 6 thru now. 3 teeth cut in the last 4 nights. Hope that's the end cause poor mommy is shattered!

Glad you had a nice night with your hubby!!! Sorry about jack, that really sucks. I went through some big issues with Peyton waking up really early for a long time.

Sorry about Jack and his teething :hugs: Hope they all cut through soon!!!
But glad you had a nice anniversary night :)

Teething sucks!!!! I'm so glad we're past that point. Of course, new stuff pops up to take the place of teething woes but there's nothing worse than knowing your kiddo is hurting and there really isn't much you can do about it! :hugs:

I agree Joss, I would totally rather take my chances and actually eat strawberries and apples.

yeah I'm not going to stop eating apples or stop giving them and strawberries to Hannah :rofl:

Glad you had a good anniversary Maggs :) I hope that Jack sleeps better tonight :hugs:

oh and I wish I had an answer Tasha :rofl:

I've had to really force it with Hannah and it's taken months to get me to get her to eat her vegetables (albeit very slowly and grudgingly most days). She'll still only eat a handful of veggies though (broccoli, baby carrots, peas). She will try others but she generally won't eat more than a bite :roll:

Meant to say Tasha - Our moms probably watched the same TV show. :wacko:

No idea on how to get her to eat veggies. Claire will eat some, but if she had her way she'd only eat fruit and meat. :haha:

If Alia had her way she would only eat cookies, crackers, and granola bars :wacko:

We have had to force veggies on Jasmine as well lol... Peyton will eat them still though, but he hears Jasmine complain so now he is starting to.

Andrew likes most veggies and often chooses to eat them first on his plate. Today he made his own pizza and voluntarily put mushrooms, spinach, onions and yellow peppers on it ... and ate the whole thing. He would have put olives on too, but he ate them all beforehand and there were none left for his pizza. I can't take credit for it though. Maybe he's just weird :rofl:

To be fair, Claire will eat raw peppers. If I cut them into strips she'll eat probably an entire one. She prefers red, orange or yellow though... not so much of a fan of green.

So most people know that Claire has a speech delay, and I don't know if this is just something that kids do, or if its something that goes along with her inability to say things? But lately she's taken to saying "bok" (think like bok choy or "bock" like what a chicken says) and saying full sentences with only using the word "bok". :haha:

She'll gesture and point and whatnot but will say "Bocka bok bok bok bock bok boka boka BOK" :wacko: NO idea where she learned how to do this, or where she might have picked it up from? At first I thought she was trying to imitate a chicken, but I really don't think its that now.

NO idea the significance of "bok". :rofl:

:rofl: oh man Tiff that is pretty funny. Hannah hasn't done that exactly but she went through a phase of making up her own words that made absolutely no sense whatsoever. It lasted for a few months if I remember right! Now she's into rhyming words

Its almost like she's being lazy, she'll go "Bocka bock???" when she's pointing to something she wants, or "bocka bocka bocka BOK BOK BOK" when she's running around the living room. :rofl:

LOL tiff that is pretty funny :D

Jasmine has always been really great with speech but she still makes up words. So does it now more when she wants to ask for something she knows I will say no to.

aww tiff that's cute hehe tell Claire "Bok Bok boka Bok"...she'll know what it means.

Hey kittens!
I am slowly recuperating from an epic move that involved our childcare falling though due to some nasty gastro bug and ridiculous amounts of rain falling.
But we are here in the new house with the boxes piled up to our ears and feeling so happy!
Must focus on the massive cleaning project for tomorrow: scouring the old place will be ridiculously time-consuming. :cry: But it will all be over by the end of the week. Thank. f*ck.

On topic of speech: Tobe still has less than ten words. I swing wildly from very concerned to whatevs. He says "Dat dat dat dat DAT!" when he is indicating something immensely important. And he now says "diggHAH!" whenever he sees any sort of diggers.
And Simon is still stubbornly resisting pooping on the potty. Peeing? We're good. He's got it. Poops? He now has long, complicated explanations for why he cannot be bothered to use the potty. He's going to be a lawyer. He'll still be in diapers, but he'll pass the bar. He's that convincing. :dohh:

Lol Sarah, my babysitters little boy took forever to poop on the potty too! It was just like he didn't want to. She ended up just refusing to put diapers on him and told hi
He has to use it. It apparently resulted in a number of poopy pants but did work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->