Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Forgot to add, hope you are out of moving hell soon Sarah! I haaaaate moving with a passion. LOVE being in a new place and setting up but despise getting out of the old one ha ha ha.

Amanda I hope the girls cooperate for your sister tomorrow!! At least she'll be at your house and have access to all the "gear"....Joni went through a phase of refusing the bottle and it was VERY frustrating. We found she took it best when she just woke up and keeping the lights very low. But ya it's good to know that they're on solids and won't starve!

I've only taken Alia to McDonald's with a play place once (the one here doesn't have it), and she loved it! One thing I didn't like is that if she decided to crawl up this one tunnel thingy, I don't think I'd be able to crawl in after her! So I had to keep her on the "little kid" slide and climber haha. And I know a lot of people are disgusted by McDonald's...especially after that movie but I like a lot of their new menu stuff, I LOVE their coffee/iced coffees, and their egg n bacon mcmuffins mmmm haha. I much prefer it to Tim Hortons.

We like going to McDonald's for a great too :) I don't see anything wrong with it, the kids can have nuggets and apple slices plus they have yogurt etc too

Yeah we get Claire the grilled cheese happy meal and she has the apple slices (minus the caramel sauce lol) and yogurt. Pretty close to what she'd have at home if I'm honest. I love their Big Mac wraps for when I'm dying for a Big Mac but trying to keep calories low. :haha:

Its gorgeous out here today!!! What's everyone doing? Claire is out at MIL's for the weekend as both P and I work so I'm here alone. Its all good though, I'm enjoying the me time. I think we're going to go see Avengers tonight when he gets off. I'd rather see Snow White and the Huntsman but we always go and see what I want so I guess I gotta give at some point.

:sulk: :haha:

we're cleaning :sulk: Well Stan is cleaning, I'm holding baby but I got most of mine done, just need to dust the living room and maybe dust downstairs we'll see :haha:

I'm sure your sister will be fine Amanda!

I have taken Hannah to McD's a few times to for her to play, especially in the winter when we were both going stircrazy! Will probably do it in the heat of the summer to :lol:

I haven't started cleaning yet. :blush: I really should though, with Claire and P not here I really don't have any excuse. Although I did remember mid-type of a post in Melissa's journal that I had booked getting my nails done at 10:30. Oops. :blush:

Went, lost my spot but was told to come back a half hour later. :haha: My friends got me a gift card to get my nails done for my bday but with funds being so low I didn't want to do it until I could maintain the upkeep. Finally able to now, and went with Shellac instead of the fake nails. Apparently its better for your nails, which I'd agree as there was no drills or anything to weaken the nailbed.

Yay for free nail stuffs! I love them! :cloud9: AND what's even better is I can type and whatnot, as I'm not trying to adjust to having extra long nails. :thumbup:

I've got the vacuuming done and some laundry and was about to clean the girls' rooms but was interrupted by them needing to go to sleep.

I ate McD's twice yesterday...

We go every once in awhile. Like once a week :D I am white trashy though haha. My fav coffee date is Ikea where I can check H in for an hour of free babysitting. I might set up a weekly thing and any of my friends can come meet me if they are free. I am gonna go looney with H being done school now for the summer.

Today I am taking H to her first movie. Brave :) with our new friends, and the guys will babysit the little brothers. Should be interesting... lol

Lets see your nails, Tiff! Text me a pic

I actually like McDonalds too, especially the McCafe stuff. I find their iced coffees less sweet than Tim Hortons. And as bad as their food is, I still like it. :blush: We don't eat there often - maybe once or twice a month, but I don't mind it. And Kyree loves the playground too. :shrug:

Wendy - Good luck at the movies. Kyree has been twice, first time when she was 2 and a half. If SHE can do it and behave(she rarely sits still but did for the movie), I'm sure H can! :winkwink:

Lots of cleaning for me too! Taking a break right now though. Alora is napping so I'm kind of limited and don't like making too much noise when she sleeps. And it gives me an excuse to sit down. :haha:

Just finished up cleaning here! Hannah's upstairs in enforce-a-nap because of her attitude :roll: and Rhys is sleeping on Stan's shoulder (well I just passed him over so I can go pee but figured I'd check my messages first :haha:)

I hate McDonald's and refuse to put $$ into the business :lol:

Dunno, turned off all things greasy since I went off work, now I feel like I can smell/taste the greasy air even when I've been home for hours lol

^Yeah thats how I felt when I worked at Tim Hortons for over 3 years during highschool/college. I couldn't stand the place, or the food since I associated it with that gross feeling I had after every shift. :haha:

But now I don't mind it Timmies again. It's been long enough that I find their stuff bareable. :shrug:

For what its worth, I feel that way about the restaurant that I worked at. The food is amazing, SO GOOD!!! But he's such a jackass that I refuse to support him with my money.

Out of all my part time job experiences involving food, I will still always eat at a Wendy's. They were so incredibly strict with their policies on food handling, freshness times etc (and I worked at 3 different ones - 1 here, one in Etobicoke and one in Scarborough) and they were all the same with their freshness stuff.

I've heard bad things about Harvey's (which sucks because I love their food :lol:).

Tbh Timmies is pretty good with that stuff too. I think Wendy's and Tim Hortons are sister companies?

But they were strict about freshness and time limits on everything. But it was the smell for me. :haha: I could smell coffee and donuts on everything I owned pretty much while I worked there. :rofl: It seeped into everything!

Yeah they are sister companies. There are a lot of them together here in one building

Hi ladies I will be pretty quiet for a few days. Router died yesterday and even tho I can get on bnb on my phone, it's very slow. Reading the odd threads but too time consuming to respond. Just wanted to say hi and hope you're all well xx

:hi: Maggs! I avoid the forum on my phone, to annoying :rofl:

:hugs: Hope you get internet back soon

I rarely eat at McD's--worked there during my university years but I don't mind it occasionally

I love donuts and really want one now haha

Hi Maggs! Hope your internet gets fixed soon :hugs:

Wendy's is my all-time fav! Their chicken sandwiches tastes like REAL chicken!
Spicy Combo yaya

Tiff - I love shellac! The only thing is you do need to give your nails a break every once in a while. The removal process dries your nails out so they do normally suggest every 2-3 rounds you give your nails a bit of a break. I am awful with ruining polish the day I get it, so shellac has been wonderful for me. Especially since I'm not a fan of the fake nails. As for the Harvey's thing - the south end was so gross the one day when we were up for a visit. Flies landing on all the toppings. My friend pointed it out and the girl flat out rolled her eyes and said "oh well"..

As for the McDonald's thing - we have thought about it, but Grady doesn't leave places like that gracefully, so we just avoid it! lol. And I looooove the Pineapple Mango Smoothies there. Although I can't have them now that I can't have milk. But they are SO yummy!

Anyone doing anything special for Canada Day? I'm assuming I'll be stuck working all weekend, but will try to get down to the Waterfront here in Cobourg. Anyone ever been? It's a big deal down here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->