Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Happy Canada Day! We had a blast at the "cottage" (aka nice house near a lake). :haha: Claire had lots of fun chasing seagulls, building sandcastles, jumping in waves and stealing popcorn. Best day! <3

Only thing that sucked was P working. :( Hoping to get out tomorrow, not sure if it'll pan out.

We swapped Claire's bottle out for a sippy cup just before she turned a year old. She probably used a sippy up until 2 or so? I can't remember, but if the transition was hard it wasn't bad enough for me to remember a fight, lol.

So glad it wasn't as painful as you thought it was going to be Amanda! That's awesome!

I have a friend whose little girl had a bottle until close to 3, Hannah never cared for her bottles at all so it was easy to drop but she had her soothers until after 3! I just didn't feel like fighting the fight and waited it out until she was ready for it :)

Glad you had fun Tiff! Hope you can go out today with P :hugs:

Helena had her soother until a bit after Elliot was born. It sucked. But living with an old lady that doesn't respect your parenting wishes didn't help.

I am lucky I won't have to get rid of anything for Elliot. He is only attached to my boob :rofl:

Yeah the twins refuse soothers and bottles, so at least I won't have to do it with them

My nephew was breastfed and refused soothers and bottles. He weaned straight to a cup! :thumbup:

Anna refused soothers but loves her bottles. :)

Jasmine didn't use soothers but she also didn't bf. I really pushed them on Peyton though to give my boobs a break lol

Whew! Great weekend, lots of sun, sand and water. I spent nearly an hour sitting in the super shallow water with Claire on my lap while we got knocked over by the big waves. Sounds silly but was so much fun!

Hope everyone had a great one! :hugs:

I actually tried a straw sippy cup for them today and Ainslie drank a little. Clara didn't figure it out, but they're only 5.5 months. Maybe I'll just go to a sippy cup if they hate bottles :shrug:

Whatever works is my motto!! :D
Joni just started taking bottles like a month ago maybe?? and for some reason she prefers bottles of formula, which is strange.....but I think maybe the expressed milk just pisses her off that she's not having it from the breast?

Can't hurt! But at least they're on solids now so the bottles aren't completely necessary....but I know how frustrating it is not being able to go out for a night without worrying.

Morning! Claire is still asleep, how I have no idea considering our upstairs neighbour has a lead foot in the mornings and the grounds crew are out mowing all the lawns. :haha:

Back to work today! Stayed up far too late last night, wish I knew she was gonna sleep in as I would've tried to as well. :haha:

Nice sleep in Claire! Have fun at work today Tiff!!!
I don't have any plans today except maybe grocery shopping.

Have physio today. Of course :dohh:

BUT I'M GOING TO SEE MAGIC MIKE!!!

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap convertible car seat that isn't too bulky? Joni will be growing out of her bucket seat in a few months.

<---Out of the loop :haha:

ohhh :rofl: Okay than. Enjoy the show? :lol:

sorry no idea Melissa, we loved our Evenflo (still have it for Rhys) but it's very bulky unfortunately. We have the Radian as well but it's pricey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->