Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Our van will only have 1 extra seat someone can fit in once the new baby comes anyways. Even on the bench with 2 carseats you wouldn't be able to fit another person.

Its probably subjective to what van you buy and what you prefer though. I just really hate the van. We would like to get a pilot or something if we can find one for a good deal. They actually have a 3rd row too.

We actually just looked at a couple honda elements which were the best except the seats only accomodate 2 seatbelts in the back seat because of what they do. (they flip up because its a camping vehical)... But the Element by far has more space then ANY van or SUV and the back seats were really far away from the front seats, which is great because kids like to kick the back of your seat lol

We looked at a pontiac aztec too which was awesome. But we wouldnt get one because pontiac is a crap brand too. But their bench seat had tonnes of space and was really roomy.

My Dad had nothing but problems with his Dodge Caravan. :wacko: I had totally forgotten about it until Joss started posting. Granted, this was years ago but the thing kept dying on him, the tranny went and more stuff than I can remember... all after the warranty expired.

Total money pit! We used to joke that he got the last car made off the line the day before holidays or a long weekend. :haha:

Ya I really love the honda brand but it's so expensive....there's a reason but still!

And thanks maggs, I'm going to have a snoop around walmart and the mall and see which ones are decent.

We found the Radian was bulky RF as well and because we're in and out of so many different cars it was a real PITA for Stan to put in and take out RF all the time so we moved her FF in January and it takes up a lot less room! Hannah doesn't overly care for the seat though :rofl: I think she was used to her big comfy evenflo car seat :haha:

My mum had a Grand Caravan, must have been about a 2005 because she leased that until she got her first Jeep (2008 she leased) and she now bought her 2nd Jeep (which is a 2011 Patriot)... we've been pretty happy w/ all of them and definitely noticed the difference in doing all the routine maintenance, but then she has never had a car over 5 years old.

We also obviously had no car seats in our van as we were all teenagers by then but we used to load a lot of people in lol. We had a DVD player and stuff too, I can't remember my mom having any issues with her vehicles though!

Honda is expensive but it lasts and parts are cheaper then most brands.

Oh that's one perk. The minivan we bought has a built in DVD player :thumbup: I wish we could have afforded a Honda or Toyota. We can upgrade in a couple years when we have two incomes, so I just hope it lasts until then. We only paid $4700 for it, so we don't really expect it to be a long term investment, but at least we won't have to stress about car payments if things get tight again like they were this winter.

Mil gave the kids DVD players for Xmas...

And we bought our van for 5k as well but we've only had it a year and a half and now need to put abou 1000k-2000k of work into it. We got it from mil and she did maintenenace work perfectly on it so it's pathetic that it needs so much work.

I had the trip from hell to Walmart this morning. Kids were ok in Walmart for once. But I came out and loaded jasmine and all the groceries into the passenger side and went around to Peyton's side only to find some asshole had parked their van so close to mine our mirrors were like centimeters from touching. So I couldn't open either of the doors on that side. I had to crawl/carry Peyton over all our groceries to his seat and then I had to climb over the passenger seat to try and get to the drivers seat.

I was so tempted to thrust my door open as hard as I could and dent the assholes vehicle. I don't have the guts though lol

Oh I hate when people park so close to me that I can't get Alia in :growlmad: I probably wouldn't have had the guts to open the door on the car either :lol: But it's a nice thought haha

Depending on my mood I may have- I try to be careful but IMO it's half your fault if you park like an ass :lol:

I'm Back!!!!!

Finally!! When we first lost our router, DH called Sky(the net provider) and they asked if we wanted a new router from them but DH said he'd try to find out cheaper so ordered one off Ebay, for it to arrive and be the wrong one. Then borrowed his BIL's old one and tried to get that sorted. Then 8 days later, called Sky back for them to say 'Oh if you have your net through us, you have to order a router through us!' WTF!! No one told us that 8 days ago when we called. So finally got it yesterday and after 12 with no net, I'm calling up for a refund seeing as how it's their fault!

Will catch up on everyone's journals when I can. Jack just snoozing after morning swim & play at the local pool. Roasting here today! Went from cold and miserable for 3 weeks to nearly 25 here overnight! Meant to thunder and be gone by tomorrow though apparently. If not, I'd better tell my Mom to pack more summer clothes! You think Canadian weather is unpredictable...nothing is as unpredictable as here!!

We're (well I) am in the thick of housecleaning as Mom arrives Sunday (yippee!!) then in 2 weeks we're off to Nova Scotia. Can't bloody wait! Only 7 shifts to go I think. :happydance:

I had a Dodge Caravan and it was a piece of shit. My mom has also gone through a ton of them. Not sure why she kept buying them.

I have an Hyundai Santa Fe and its AWESOME

That's actually one that tom suggested buying Wendy. I think he saiid they actually have a Honda motor.

Welcome back maggs!!! I'm jealous of your trip to ns :) its so beautiful there

:hi: Welcome back Maggs!

Enjoy your mom's visit and yay for your trip coming up! :)

I can't wait too! It was the end of May last year when I was home and so far only my parents and our two friends we met in Blackpool the other month have met him. We're getting him baptised as well when we're home, on Aug 5th at the same church I was baptised in and the same church we were married by. We weren't married in the church, but by the minister from there. Can't wait!! Hope the weather is still roasting when we get there. Gotta get rid of this milk bottle 'Scottish' tan

OH MY GOD. BOTH OF MY KIDS.

They are both screaming in their rooms right now.

Elliot NEEDS to sleep, he is tired, and THREE EFFING TIMES Helena woke him up just as he was drifting off to sleep. How do you guys keep the older kid quiet while putting down the babies?

:thumbup: Hey fellow Canadians! Haven't checked out this thread in a while. I hope everyone had a fun Canada Day!

I haven't found a way yet Wendy, Hannah seems to delight in waking Rhys up whenever she can :growlmad:

:hi: baskin

Oh Wendy that sucks! I can't imagine Andrew sharing a room with the babies

Alia and Joni don't share a room so it's not as much of an issue, but I also think Joni has just learn to adapt. She seems to really love sleep, most mornings she sleeps in till around 9 and that's with going to bed between 7 and 8!
If they shared a room I don't know what I'd do :nope: Sorry Wendy :hugs:

:hi: Hi baskinps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"