Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Ya I have the Radian for Alia but I can't spend that much on a second one....My price range is below $200.

I know it's not recommended, but I bought 2 used Radians from another moms of twins, because I knew there was no way I could buy two at the regular price :blush: I'm actually thinking of switching them into them soon as carrying two bucket seas is getting ridiculous.

And he formula didn't work :( They enjoyed chewing on the bottle nipple but that's all. They will take bm from a spoon, but that's messy and time consuming. Oh well. It's not like I have a multitude of babysitters willn to watch them anyways.

That said, my mom is watching all the kids Saturday morning. Shawn and I are gong on a small hike and lunch date to celebrate our 5th anniversary.

I just bought the Evenflo Symphony 65 (I think thats what it was called) yesterday. It is being shipped from Toys R Us, but looks good to me!

I've seen inexpensive ones at Walmart! Not sure what selection they have? snugglebugz.ca has a My Ride65 for $199 and its free shipping. Its reliable, we used that when we bought Claire's Radian. Was at our door in 2 days as its priority shipping. :flower:

https://www.snugglebugz.ca/graco-my-ride-65-coda.html

Thanks girls!

Sorry the formula didn't work Amanda :hugs: at least they're good with their solids.
I have another idea for you... just got it tonight haha
Do you have any of those mesh feeder thingies? I put a frozen cube of apple puree in one for Joni tonight and she went ape-shit over it! When it was gone she threw a giant fit :haha: And I was thinking maybe she'd love if there were frozen breast milk in it? I might try it just for fun, because I have some breast milk in the freezer that probably won't otherwise get used.

Melissa, I saw 2 used radians on kijiji in trenton just the other day. They wanted $225 I think. One was the floral print like we have and one was a plain brown one. I really wish we had the money I would have bought one!

The new ones are on sale on a Canadian website for $60 off so $299, but with taxes that's still way out of my price range.

that sucks, I love those carseats LOL I cant really afford another one either.But I am going to need another carseat eventually too

I am trying to convince tom get rid of the van and fix up the CRV lol... But that would mean trying to fit 3 carseats across the bench.

haha ya we'll be getting a minivan as our next vehicle for sure. I already find it a PITA with two car seats in the CRV. Although I will probably switch Alia to FF once I get a new car seat for Joni.

I HATE our minivan... It was the worst mistake ever and I never want one again.

Well for one its not a honda haha... maybe a honda odyssey would be better.

We have a dodge caravan xst I think its an '05 and it is really poor quality. We've had it about 1.5 years and it has gone downhill very rapidly. It needs a ton of work, like ridiculous stuff that a van its age etc should just not need. The km's are still low too!

Compared to to our CRV which we've had for over 4 years and only ever needs regular stuff and everything seems to last a hell of alot longer.

And honestly, I drove the CRV for a few months with Jasmine and Peyton both regularly before we got the van. And I personally found the CRV easier with 2 carseats then the van. Ive tried the kids in the middle of the van, and they are in the back now. But both rows of seats sucked for getting the kids in and out of.

I also find our CRV has a wider bench and would be able to accomodate 3 carseats across better then the van.

Not to mention the van is HORRIBLE on gas. I spend a fortune on gas for it and barely go anywhere. And like I said, the van does not have much more room then our CRV, its definately not worth it and I won't waste my money again on one.

ya they are about twice the amount of a dodge. Would be alot better quality I am sure.

People like to hit vans in parking lots too lol... I dont know why but our van has been hit and banged and dented from pretty much every angle.

Another negative to van is the heat and ac doesn't seem to reach well to the back of the van despite having vents back there. And since the kids are in the very back I have to crawl into the van to buckle them up which sucks.

Id rather just put 3 seats across the CRV bench lol... Jasmine can get into her own carseat so the middle seat would be fine for her.

The CRV just seems so claustrophobic to me right now with the two car seats in it....but maybe because I have the radian RF...it take up a lot of room and actually has to go in the middle seat.

I can see how it would be bulky because it is a taller seat. Once you have it FF Alia will be able to climb in and out herself and you will find it alot easier.

And once it is FF its going to take up like NO space. I love ours for that.

Another thing I dislike about the van is that is has poor rear visibility.

Crap the minivan I just got is a 05 caravan. I hope it doesn't suck too bad.

However Shawn has a 2011 caravan and I've used it with the three kids many times and it's awesome. I put the babies in the middle and Andrew in the back. Three across one bench sounds like a good idea, but it was horrible for me. For one it kills my back to lift a bucket seat into the middle spot and it drives me crazy that Andrew can reach into Clara's carseat and wake her up when she's sleeping. Also the back door of the van shelters the stroller from the rain while I load and unload kids. Another thing is that it's really squishy to install toddler seas rear facing in the car. Oh and I like that I have a couple extra seats. It's amazing how often we have an extra kid or adult with us.

My mom picked up a convertible seat from walmart think it's safety first and was less than $100. No idea on the quality of it but a fair sight cheaper then what we say here. Jack's graco infant seat and base was probably close to $200 and a convertible seat will run us probably well over $300. And don't even get me started on extended rear facing...looking at upwards of $600 or more for those! Still on my phone, at least keeping up with this thread for the most part, just need to catch up on the journals when we get the router

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->