Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

There are times I find it annoying to breastfeed, like when Clara is too distracted to nurse in public, but at home when I lay down to breastfeed I love it. I love how they'll curl up next to me and instantly relax. Sometimes them stroke my arm with their tiny hands or sigh happily. And when they look up at me with those big eyes it's like its their absolute favorite place to be in the whole world :cloud9:

Joss if you haven't tried breastfeeding laying down ,you should try. It's the best! I don't co sleep or nurse them to sleep, but I almost always lay down to nurse. THAT is when I truly enjoy it.

That said I am on a mission to introduce bottles. I don't want to replace breastfeeding, but I want the option to give a bottle, especially for Clara who will wait 5 hours or more to nurse if we're away from home. I dont like that because she's only 10th percentile and needs those calories! And when she doesn't want to nurse, she shrieks and screams her little head off and in public people must think I'm pinching her nder my nursing cover instead of feeding her :dohh:

I find it akward to nurse laying down :shrug: I find it akward all around I guess hahaha... but oh well.

Hilary seems to have a growth spurt like every 5 days too lol... I get a couple good nights of sleep and then we are back to waking every 2 hours and it is just becomming exhausting. I've been getting bad migrains too lately :( And I cant seem to eat pizza, tacos or anything like that otherwise we spend days with her screaming.

The best is when she screams all evening and I have to try and put Jasmine and Peyton to bed and read their story with her screaming in my arms. I feel really bad for them.

Ok, im sure not many people have watched Inglorious *******s.... I finished watching it last night and I thought it was pretty good until the end when Hitler etc were all killed... That part just totally killed the belief of the movie. Even though I know it was fiction anyways haha

haha I liked that movie...but I had to close my eyes when the gory parts were on

I remember having to put Alia to bed with screaming JOni in my arms :( That's tough....no fun for sure. A couple times I was nursing Joni while singing Alia to sleep :lol:

I agree with Amanda...I love nursing laying down!!!

I always loved laying down and nursing too. We co-slept lots off and on. It gave me an opportunity to go to bed early too! haha

Haha I'm glad you saw it and liked it too Melissa... I didn't like brad Pitts accent either lol

I don't really have an opportunity to lay down to nurse anyways. Since she is in her own room now there is no point in bringing her down to our room in the night lol! And in the day I have jasmine and Peyton.

Our bedtime here now consists of all 3 kids screaming apparently lol! Jasmine crying about all her bedtime stall tactics, Peyton screaming for who knows what reason and Hilary screaming for her bedtime routine lol.... I really hope this phase doesn't last long.

ahh it's so tough when you don't have any help for bedtime :hugs: I find that the hardest part to do alone with just TWO kids!!!

Good morning!
Woke up to cold rain. :cold: It is freezing out! I was supposed to go out to one of our parks to plan a guided hike for some teachers, but I think I will hold off until tomorrow and hope that the weather is better.
Ah, bedtime.
Simon routinely comes out of his rom to tell us that he can't sleep because he is too hot or confused or excited. Or all three at once. Yes, that's right. Apparently he can't sleep when he is "too confused". :dohh:
Okay, I'm going to go dig a sweater out. Have a good day everyone!

You sure you aren't in Scotland Sarah cause it's the same here! Oh how I miss 30 degree Nova Scotia weather!!

It was 30c here today, crazy muggy though that wasn't so fun.

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

Nice and cold here! I love sweaters and coffee and AUTUMN. Oh man, I am excited.

I never could lay down while nursing. I just sit up in my bed and then carry him to his room which is right next to mine. I hate bedtime. I have no idea how anyone would do it alone with three kids. I would die. Now I have Helena watch a movie while I get Elliot to sleep and then I deal with her.

Elliot is in the tenth percentile too Amanda. Is Clara super active? Elliot has been a bouncing bean since he came out. Always on the move.

Today is his party. I hate party prep. I just wanna feed the people and open the presents and do cake as fast as possible.

I love the fall too! It's so beautiful for riding and hunting, I'm trying to get trailering to go out with my horse to at least one hunt.

Hope the party goes well Wendy!

And ya, I generally want to kill myself at bedtime lol!!!!

Hope your party goes well! That's a soon to be task for me too...planning Jack's 1st b'day party. 4 weeks tomorrow!!

Have fun with your party Wendy!

Quiet day for us today, P is working so its a Mommy-Claire day. She wants fish sticks for dinner :)sick:) Must thank P again for introducing her to those vile things. :neutral:

Hannah loves fish :rofl: Not sure if fish sticks would fly with her though

Hope the party went well Wendy!!

we had friends over today :)

My boys freakin' love fish.
In fact, Simon's favourite thing to eat ever is a can of kippers. I kid you not. He calls them "clippers" and would eat them morning, noon, and night if I hadn't explained about mercury in fish and the potential for bioaccumulation. That slowed him down a little.
Kidding!
:)
Wendy, I kind of love and hate throwing parties. There is always that period where you feel nothing but stress, hatred, and resentment. :argh: Then everyone gets there and it's all fine and the party is fun. :happydance: Then they go and you have to clean up. :growlmad:
We're going to throw Tobe a party pretty quick here and I am kind of dreading/looking forward to it simultaneously.

So I bought the boys a bath bomb from Lush as a treat. Simon picked out this vibrant pink one. They loved how it fizzed and now they are trying to drink the pink, perfume-y bathwater and laughing like a pair of tiny drunkards! :) I'm sitting here trying not to get said water splashed on my laptop! :)

ohhh great idea about the bath bomb Sarah, Hannah would love that!!

Ooooh, it's a hit!
And I think most things from Lush should be gentle enough for toddler skin.
They are very expensive though. I am thinking about finding some recipes for bath bombs online and making my own. Then they can be a more regular treat.

They have a kids bath bomb at Lush that's a little blue robot ... it was cheaper than the others like $3 I think :shrug: I haven't tried it yet. It says it's sleep inducing :haha: I wish that's all it took to get a toddler to sleep without complaining

I got that one to wrap up for Tobe's birthday, Amanda. I'll let you know if it conks him out or not! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->