Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Back home. My son caught his first salmon, a 12lb Coho. We went to a resort, and then stayed a couple nights in town while the guys and older kids fished. Went to a drive In!!! Had a fab time, but glad to be home. The closer to home I got tho...the more reality set in. Mammogram tomorrow, and ultrasound. We are having Kelana's family birthday party, and then inlaws leave Thursday. Monday we go away for the day to the mainland, then my biopsy is on the first day of school. Am also supposed to see my GP this Friday, but I don't have an appointment yet....

:hug: jasmak, I have to have a cervical biopsy, it's scary! And then i will have to have some kind of treatment once the irregular cells are determined... I'm not sure what's going on with you medically but I hope everything is ok.

I'm glad you had a good trip though!

Well, had my mammogram today. Didnt hurt. Then my ultrasound. Tumour still there...took measurements. I have an appointment first thing Friday, then biopsy Sept 4,if they still want it.

Ryder...they are testing me for breast cancer. Sorry to hear of your cervical biopsy. Hugs to you too!

:hugs: Welcome back Tina, I hope that the appointment on Friday goes well

Jasmak - :hugs: Wishing you strength and a nice big fat negative result... such an awful stressful thing to go through. :(

:hugs::hugs: Jasmak
I had a huge breast cancer scare 3 years ago. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Jasmak :hugs: and good luck for Friday! I hope it's a big fat negative!!!

Happy last long weekend of the summer! :flower: That sure did go by quick, doesn't seem that long ago that we were all happy for the May 24 long weekend, ha ha ha.

Anyone got any big plans? We're both working so nothing really going on with us. Although the police issued a media advisory saying that there's been a bomb threat here for Sept 4th (first day of school). The letter did say that schools were targeted but its not certain what type of school (primary, high school or college). :wacko:

Hope its someone's idea of a sick joke. :nope: A few of my friends are going to be keeping their kids home from school on Tuesday.

Bomb threat? What the?!

We might take the kids to Vancouver....and we have back to school shopping to do.

Dr appoint went well. My tumour has not grown, so they cancelled the biopsy and now I see a surgeon for either biopsy, or removal. Leaning towards removal since I will be asleep.

That's excellent news Jasmak!!!! I'd imagine if I were in that situation I'd want it removed as well. :hugs: If its removed will that be the last of the stress over it? :hugs:

And yeah, I have NO idea about the bomb threat. Barrie is kinda big but not big enough that I figure we'd have people wanting to bomb places. I'll never understand the want to hurt innocent people, especially kiddos. :nope: Special level of hell reserved for them IMHO.

Thats crazy a bomb threat! We had one in high school in my tiny little town (nelson bc). Some trouble youth called it in and it was a nice day off since it was sunny out lol. It was totally a hoax. I bet its the same. Some troubled teen doesn't wanna go to school and its just that.

Glad your tumour hasn't grown Jasmak!! I would want it removed to although I have fear issues of being knocked out lol.

No big plans for me but Johns taking Anna to away for a night to his sisters house. I get a whole day and a night of being alone. I am excited but know I'll just be worried about Anna all day lol

Tiff! :shock: That's nuts! I hope it's just a very bad joke, too. And that they catch whoever issued it. Disgusting. :(
I will also be working 2 out of 3 days of the long weekend. At the Zoo, so it should be crazy busy but fun.
I am trying to get a sense of my work schedule for the fall. Juggling two on-call jobs really kind of sucks sometimes - it is just such a crazymaking task to try to get hours and then any childcare I need. I like both jobs and both places a lot, but I sure wish I could get an hours commitment for a guaranteed number of hours a week. Sort of like I need to be part-time, rather than on-call, maybe? Not a lot out there like that, though. Blergh.
Otherwise, life is pretty great. We went down to Waterton National Park for Mon-Tue to hook up with my parents, so got some camping and hiking in (saw a black bear and cub :cloud9:), then came back here to do all sorts of stuff for Parks on Wed, then had parents overnight last night. The boys got some nice visiting time with the grandparents and Mum got to see our new place.
We are having some friends over for a tea party this afternoon, so I am cleaning, tidying, baking, etc right now. Am contemplating putting up some artwork today. That is the only thing that has not been unpacked yet.
Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Jasmak - such good news! I think I would go the removal route, as well.

great news Tina! :)

:shock: ugh that's awful Tiff! I'd probably keep Hannah home as well. There was a bomb threat in my high school (tiny town) after the OKC bombing :nope: some people are just sick.

No plans for us. Tomorrow we're cleaning, Sunday we're going to the mall and Monday I will prep the food for the week for Hannah's lunches :shock:

Malls are going to be NUTS THIS WEEKEND...I will be there too.

yeah one reason I got some of the shopping out of the way today :rofl: I went to Gymboree and Old navy--no plans to anywhere near Gymboree on Sunday--it was crazy busy! Unfortunately we do have to look for a pair of shoes for Hannah for a wedding that she's in in October, that should be fun! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->