Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Maybe but Hilary was born earlier in the month then Peyton and jasmine lol!

Joss, are you asking our beloved government to be rational? Or even consistent? :rofl:

Seriously, though, I seem to remember this happening for both my boys. It's not unusual, but if you have the time to wait on hold, it might be worth a phone call. That way, if there has been a mistake, you get the ball rolling much earlier.

Elyse's took a couple of months to come in- she was born in March, got it at the end of May :flower:

Its took a while for Anna. I applied in November and didn't receive a check till April lol. It was a nice check though lol.

Its hot here! hot hot hot!

Hannah was July 23 and it took MONTHS to get in, of course it was all done via mail at that point. When we finally got it in we got like $500 it was awesome :rofl:

Must be a lot of births in jul :shrug: Hilary is the 17th... Peyton and jasmine are the 26 lol!

Hi Ladies! I'm back on the wrong side of the world again :( Had an absolutely fantastic time at home! Was miserable leaving. Was fairly okay then Friday evening we were doing some packing up before Saturday's flight and Mom and Dad were outside pushing Jack in the swing and it broke my heart! They adore him so much and DH's parents couldn't give a fucking rat's ass!!

And to top it off I actually have to get them to babysit when I'm at work today cause my SIL's boys have chicken pox. No doubt they'll do nothing with him and just feeding him crap all day.

I'm feeling a little better today but still homesick and feeling bad for Jack and my parents. I know they miss him so much! Now that I'm back home, I'll be around regularly again. Was hard getting online at home and we were just that busy!

Oh, and when I came home and unpacked Jack's clothes, he's outgrown all but about half a dozen things that were in his drawers when we left! LOL

Aww I'm glad you had a nice trip! Do you think you will move back there soon?

:hugs: Glad you had a safe trip home, that must be very hard to have your family over here. :(

Always love clothes shopping for kiddos! Its awesome retail therapy :haha:. I'm going to be picking up some stuff for Claire today at work. :wohoo:

Glad you had a nice trip maggs :)

I got J's UCCB the next month (april 20th) but i applied the week she was born and she is the 7th...

I didn't apply lol I don't remember ever having to with the other 2... I thought it just automatically came because the hospital registers the births.

I had to fill out a bunch of stuff online for the child tax credits, birth certificate etc.

:hi: Welcome back Maggs

:hugs:

Ya I had to fill it out online too....you do it when you're applying for the birth certificate, you just check off CTB I think

We talk about moving back when my stepson is out of school. And yes Tiff I enjoyed the retail therapy there. Came back with loads of old navy sales and lots of carter's stuff from a place called frenchy's. And some food and toys for jack too of course. However stuff for jack takes priority over any food stuff now no matter how much it's a favourite!

Welcome back Maggs! So sad that your parents couldn't be closer :( or you to them.

Hi Maggs! :hi:
Welcome back! I know the feeling about those clothes. There are days when I swear I put the boys to bed in pajamas that fit and the next morning, they are inches too short. Sorry you are feeling homesick. Any chance that your parents can come out to you soon?

I had a nice day of working for both Zoo and Parks today. Nice break away from the boys! :) It looks like a fair bit more work coming up, which is great. But I am suddenly feeling absolutely panicked about getting childcare lined up. There really isn't anything to panic about. I can just say no to shifts I can't do. But I would really like to have a good, reliable drop-in option worked out (as in a nanny-type who is happy to pick up shifts) that also lets Simon attend playschool regularly. And I have barely started getting that sorted out. :argh:

I don't remember having to apply for CTB. It must have been when I applied for the birth certificate? It's all very foggy, those newborn days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->