Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Ive bought halloween costumes on clearance too but they dont last very long, we had a princess dress and a snow white dress, they dont hold up to washing and playing though... I am going to just scour places like value village and stuff and find funky scarves and other accessories. You can also do stuff like make an apron and chefs hat for playing kitchen, some of the imaginarium and melissa and doug stuff is washable too.

I think they think its funny now Tiff, but yeah I would never do that to my kids!

Still haven't figured out what to dress the twins as. I was really tempted to buy these cupcake hats I saw at Children's Place with the excuse that they would be costumes, but really I just loved the hats. :haha: I also thought of getting little owl hats and making the stroller look like a nest and putting these little IKEA star lights i have on top of the stroller.

Ooohh I love that idea Amanda!!!

And thanks Joss....that's a good idea :)

I was going to go to Ardenes too and get some fun things, they have purses, scarves, long gloves, tiaras etv there for pretty decent, tutus etc

Apparently Costco has a decent dress up box around Christmas time for about $30. I've seen the stuff and the quality is actually pretty decent. I will be looking for it for Hannah this year

Simon starts pre-school next week. On Tobe's birthday, in fact.
And he wants to be Puss in Boots for Hallowe'en. That's his new obsession. It comes with swordfighting. Sigh. Anyway, I looked up the official dreamworks one and it's so cheap and ugly. I can do better than that! I plan to dissect a three musketeers outfit and layer it over his little tiger suit. As long as he has a tail, whiskers, boots, and a sword, he'll be happy. :)
Tobe .... well, not sure yet. He's so cute and chubby and still has this great big round head with big chubby cheeks. I kind of want to dress him up as Humpty Dumpty or something rotund. :)

I really need to start looking for a costume soon for B as well. You guys have some great ideas though.

Anyone have plans for the weekend?

Tomorrow night I'm going out for dinner for a friend's birthday....that's about it :)
What about you?

Gosh I've not even thought of Halloween. I got Jack's 'costume' off ebay last year. Just a little pumpkin outfit. They don't really do trick or treating here very much.

Only plans for the weekend for me is work, work, work! Saturday & Sunday.

I was at a staff conference in Glasgow yesterday which was really interesting. Jack's got a viral rash all over this week too. Doesn't seem to be anything else but he came into contact with the chicken pox virus last week so I'm on edge thinking he'll get that next.

there have been some..............interesting past threads on trick or treating on here :rofl:

No plans here :) Weather isn't supposed to be very good Saturday so will likely stay home and clean :rofl:

Anyone in the Durham Region area of Ontario? I'm looking for some fellow mothers to befriend.

My son is 3 months old.

:flow:

uhh not from around here so not sure where Durham is :blush: (grew up in the States) I've heard of it though! :rofl:

I'm in Mississauga :flower:

Is Durham like Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax?? I'm about an hour or so East of there.

Ya it seems Halloween is an entirely different "holiday" in the UK.

Yea it's not much of one! Neither is Easter...boooo :(

My JackJack took his first steps tonight! Posted a video on FB. He's not really initiating it on his own but he's walking from our hands to the couch. I'm so proud!!

uhh not from around here so not sure where Durham is :blush: (grew up in the States) I've heard of it though! :rofl:

I'm in Mississauga :flower:

I'm also from the States! I married a Canadian. Durham Region is considered Pickering (me), Ajax, Whitby, and Oshawa.

:yipee: Way to go Jack!! Will go look for the video no :mrgreen:

Funnily enough same deal here :haha: I'm from Texas, hubby is Canadian, met online and moved up here as I was working on my Masters and he had a better job than me :lol: What part of the US are you from???

To bad you don't live closer! Our LOs are fairly close in age :) We rent a car once a month (don't own) so unfortunately I don't travel around the area as much as I'd like

Hey everyone! Going to Vancouver tomorrow, well, the mainland for a waterpark. Two hour ferry ride each way, so it will be a looong day, but super excited. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->