Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Awesome job Jack!!! :wohoo: Love it!

:wave: Hi Serenity! I'm in Barrie, so north of Toronto, but Joss and Melissa are close-ish to your area. :mrgreen:

Not much going on here. Finally finished work! Errands tomorrow, then finish packing on Sunday. :wohoo:

Hi Serenity!
Welcome!
I am Sarah in Calgary with two little guys: Simon and Tobe.

Okay, I have to share. I got to work the best event at our Zoo fundraiser tonight: BABY TIGERS!!!!! :cloud9: They were so freakin' furry and cute and naughty! Loved it!

And yay Jack!

Funnily enough same deal here :haha: I'm from Texas, hubby is Canadian, met online and moved up here as I was working on my Masters and he had a better job than me :lol: What part of the US are you from???

To bad you don't live closer! Our LOs are fairly close in age :) We rent a car once a month (don't own) so unfortunately I don't travel around the area as much as I'd like

I'm from Omaha, Nebraska originally. Met mine back when I used to play online games. I've been here since 2008 so going on about four years now, though we only moved to Pickering from Toronto in February of this year.

Hi Serenity! I'm in Barrie, so north of Toronto, but Joss and Melissa are close-ish to your area.

Hi there! :coffee: Little one has me up quite early this morning so I thought I'd check in. I figured I could sneak in a diaper change at his 4 AM feeding... nope! Then it was all like, "Oh hai Momma! It's still dark out but guess what! I'm not going back to sleep! Isn't that hilarious?" I can't complain too much though because he slept through from 8 PM until 4 AM with no waking to feed until 4... so that's a longer stretch than usual and is about 8 hours. Luckily I went down around the same time because my boy naps for oh... about 10 minutes two or three times a day. :dohh:

Hi Serenity!
Welcome!
I am Sarah in Calgary with two little guys: Simon and Tobe.

Okay, I have to share. I got to work the best event at our Zoo fundraiser tonight: BABY TIGERS!!!!! :cloud9: They were so freakin' furry and cute and naughty! Loved it!

Hi Sarah! :wave:

Definitely don't miss those 4am wake up calls. :haha: Hope you were able to get some sleep!

Yeah me either :rofl: And Rhys still thinks 4 is a great time of day to get up :roll:

Stan and I met in some random online chatroom :haha: his family wasn't thrilled about us getting married (might still not be actually :rofl:) but I've been up here since 2006 and we have two kids (4 and 4 months) so I think they've accepted that we kinda plan to stay together :lol:

Feck!! :cry: I am shattered today!! I went to bed last night exhausted after a long day on my feet at work and Jack was up from just before 2 till after 4. I was so upset with him in the end! I literally felt like I coud have through him out of bed. How horrible am I!!! :cry: And I have to work tonight until 10 as well. I don't know whether it was this rash that's bothering him or what but I'm gonna take him to the drs tomorrow.

Maggs that's not being horrible, that's being a normal sleep deprived person. :hugs: Vickie and I used to talk about punting Claire and Hannah out the windows when they wouldn't shut it as babies too! :hugs:

It may be the rash, hope you get some answers at the Doctor's tomorrow. :hugs:

Went to Splashdown yesterday. What a looooooooooong day that was (but fun). To save money ($70) we walked on the ferry instead of taking our vehicle. The ferry ride is 2 hours each way, plus we had to wait 1 hour for the bus to the waterpark, 40 minutes on the way back, and wait an hour for the ferry on the return trip! So, we spent 4 hours at the waterpark, and about 6 hours travelling/waiting! The good thing about all the travelling is my kids never take buses and the ferry is fun with a playroom, we ate dinner on there ect...so at least the kids ect were entertained. A nice park at the ferry terminal on the Vancouver side. But EXHAUSTED.

Today its back to school shopping...shoes. My son HATES shopping, so its going to suuuuuuck.

Have my appointment with the surgeon. 24th. See what. Says about me boobie. The only thing is, I was going to return to work that day, but, now I emailed my boss and said Tuesday as I dont want to leave on my first day.

Actually, it was 5 hours almost at the waterpark now that I think about it.

Last night it was 8 PM to 2 AM... then 4 AM... then 6 AM and up for the day. Could it be sleep regression? Growth spurt? Random acts of wakefulness?

:coffee:

Husband may have to be on baby duty this afternoon while Momma catches a nap. :sleep:

Ugh 2 out of 3 of my kids had sleep regressions around 4 months.

The twins woke up with colds, so I think it might be a whiny, snotty day here. :(

Sometimes when my toddlers or babies are having a bad sleep, I give them a bit of Advil. Usually does the trick! I always figure...teething, headache, sore leg...but not being able to verbalize that to us. Sometimes minor ear infections can cause sleep disturbances without presenting a fever. If the Advil doesn't work, then I figure its something else...but most times, the one or two nights of Advil does the trick. Saying this..I don't want to sound lie I drug my kids regularly!!! I don't! Maybe once a year for each child in toddlerhood I did it. Jasper was an ear infection boy, so it was his GP that told me to wen he coudn't sleep his usual times. Anything unusual, not just he woke up a bit early etc.

:hugs: Amanda & Serenity :( Hope your day goes well!

Glad you had a fun day yesterday Jasmak.

glad you had fun Tina!

:hugs: Maggs I don't have near the excuse you do and I've pretty much had it with Hannah today (attitude). Hope you can get some rest tonight

:hugs: Serenity, hope you caught a nap! Rhys's sleep was really really bad a month ago and it took two or so weeks to start to get better. We still have bad nights though (same thing happened with my DD but after 6.5 months she was an excellent sleeper so I'm grasping onto hope that he follows suit :haha:)

Exhausted and have to be up in 4 hours to drive down to Toronto to catch our flight but SO excited to leave in the morning! :wohoo:

We'll have wifi where we are so I'll probably check in during the downtimes. Hope you all have an awesome week! <3

Have a wonderful trip, Tiff and be sure to post all interesting bird (and other wildlife) sightings so that I can foam at the mouth with envy! :)

Um, speaking of envy...
you are all going to hate me just a little bit, but I got to feed penguins today..... :coolio:
They are THE BEST. Except maybe for baby tigers.

Aww Sarah I am jealous! That would be so much fun!

Tiff have a great trip!

Thanks! I'm on my phone at the airport right now, Pearson has free wifi, lol. Less stressful then last year for sure. :haha: a year ago this time i head given up on sleeping and was about to go get my hair done. Crazy how fast a year goes!

Well after a bit of juggling with shifts last evening, my fantastic supervisor allowed me to take Jack to a spur of the moment drs appt yesterday afternoon. He said he thought it was an allergy to something, goodness knows what though and they couldn't give him an antihistamine at the pharmacy without a drs approval cause he's under a year old. So he gave him something and he's had 3 doses since yesterday so hopefully by tomorrow I'll see a difference. He slept from just after 8 to 6:30 this morning then came in bed with me for a snuggle with DH left for work and went back to sleep for another hour. He's definitely out of sorts though. Only thing I can think that's different is he had parmesan cheese last week and he was at my in-laws on Tuesday and maybe they gave him something there other than what we packed. They generally do that.

Anyway, day off today and got some housework done while he was sleeping. Now just sitting and relaxing for a bit in case he wakes soon. Not going too far I don't think, still damp and on and off rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->