Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

:hi: Courtney- I'm Tasha, we live in Hamilton too.. I'm 22 & have a 3.5 year old daughter. If you want to try to find each other on Facebook send me a PM :flower:

My earliest memory was being pissed off that my parents were having another kid, my brother was born when I was 4, so I was 3ish. Guess nothing memorable happened to me before then :rofl:

Happy Birthday Jack!!!!!

Awesome Courtney! There's no one around me here on BnB. :sulk: We have friends in Orillia as well, in fact we're going out there tomorrow night. :haha:

Feel better Melissa!

Oh my goodness my first memory is SO embarrassing :blush: I remember when my twin brother and sister were born (I was almost 3 and I had an 18 month old brother) I was really jealous and wanted to be a baby. So I stole my 18 month old brother's diaper, hid under a bed and pooped in it just to see what being a baby was like. :blush: So weird.

I've never actually told anyone that before :haha:

:rofl: Oh Amanda :rofl: best memory ever! :haha:

My first memory was telling my mom that I did NOT like the name Victoria and was changing my name to Vickie and that if they didn't call me by Vickie I wasn't going to answer them :blush: Yeah and I wonder where Hannah gets it from :haha:

:hope you feel better soon Melissa :hugs:

:hi: Courtney! I live in Mississauga so not to far :) I love doing meets and try to get together with people as much as possible. Unfortunately we have no car (rent once a month) so I'm somewhat limited in traveling :(

And most importantly! Happy FIRST birthday Jack! :cake: :flower: :kiss:

I'd still love to meet up at the zoo once!

Thanks everyone & hello to all of you, too! :D Awesome to see so many people living in my area.

Tasha - I'll send you a PM with the link to my Facebook! :flow:

Hi Courtney!
I'm Sarah and in Calgary. Welcome! :hi:

Happy Birthday Jack!!!!! :cake: :yipee:

I have a blurry first memory of looking for my mum in the dark and then crying - apparently I got out of my bed to look for her and fell and hit my head. And I would have been about 1 year?
Then I have a really clear memory of sitting on a hospital table, puking into a basin between my legs, with my feet in my little moon boots sticking up on either side of the basin. And then a nurse gave me apple juice from one of those huge sun rype tins that they used to have back in the 70s. This was me eating a bottle of cold medication at my mum's friend's house and getting a dose of ipecac.
I remember a lot of detailed stuff from about 18 months on. Mostly just impressions, though.

Happy Birthday Jack!! :D

Hahah, a lot of medical memories! I love the poop story :rofl:
Whoa Sarah, super memory!

Hi Courtney! I am Wendy, from Edmonton, and I have 2 kids, Helena and Elliot :D Oh and I am almost TWENTY EIGHT *cry*

Hi Courtney :) I'm Rachel from BC, I have one daughter (2.5) and we're going to try again for #2 next year sometime :)

Happy Birthday Jack!

You guys have awesome memories. I seriously have the world's shittiest memory, I swear! I think my earliest memory (that I can recall at this moment) is when I was around 4 or 5. :|

The fact that you guys can remember so far back (Holy crap Wendy!) is just mindboggling.

I hope everyone's doing great!

Hi Courtney and welcome! I'm 32 and have one little boy who just turned a year old yesterday! I'm originally from Nova Scotia but emigrated to SW Scotland to be with my DH.

Good luck with your appt Jasmak! And glad you're in-laws are leaving :)

One of my earliest memories is when I was having a bath with my brother. My Mom got him out of the tub first and I remember her laying him on the bathmat on the floor and tending to his stitches as he'd had a hernia operation. She says he would have been 2, so I would have been 3. I have loads of other memories in that house (moved when I was 5 1/2) but not sure which would be the earliest.

For my lovely Canuck girls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_-MsDSAW0Y

Well, I went back to work today. It went great. Its rather annoying when someone else has sat at my desk for the past 8 weeks, and things were done wrong. The temp was there today and trying to tell my how to do my job. Grrrrr. Anyways, she quickly learned that I do actually know what I am doing. My desk was a MESS. Court documents were missing. I just cleaned, organized, and made sure all court documents for tomorrow were ready. Feels good to be there, see my friends, and know whats going on!

Had my appointment with the surgeon yesterday. He was sooooo nice. He found ANOTHER lump....in my other boob. I was offered a core needle biopsy, but he also said 4 mth ultrasound to check size....so I picked that. He says that was a good decision, but if I change my mind, it gets bigger, or I worry...to call him and to come in. So, January I get another u/s and go back to see the surgeon. I am not really worried. They seem to think not getting a biopsy is a good decision. Ofcourse, getting the biopsy woud let me know 'for sure', but I dont feel its that necessary at this point. It is a relief and I am not going o think about it until I have to.

My MIL is gone! Seriously...hair and make up! Frick!! Hair and make up was everywhere in my house! WHY does anyone need that much? It was disgusting. Seriously.

My in-laws left today, but it was a great visit, and really short considering that they drove here from Ontario!
I have five different writing projects/programs on the go right now, so I am feeling that need to get 5 minutes to myself so that I can think and get writing. A bit stressy, but don't worry - it will be much much worse in a couple of weeks! :)

Brilliant video Sarah!! Was PMSL

Glad both of you're in-laws have left, what a sigh of relief huh!!

Jasmak, is it a possibility that the lumps are caused by polycystic breasts? Or I think that's what it's called anyway. My Mom has that and often has to be called back in for repeat mammograms.

Hope it's ok jasmak! It is kind of scary when you have to go through tests, I'm terrified of hearing the word cancer at one of my appointments, I will be glad when they figure out my problems too lol

My MIL comes this evening. Although she's only here to cover my work on Thursday then Friday she goes back home. :)

Finally have a day off today! :happydance: Then I work for 6 days straight and get ONE day off again. :growlmad: Thanks a freaking lot, Gymbucks. :haha:

:rofl: Sorry Tiff! :haha: but I am looking forward to Gymbucks ;)

sick here, thanks Hannah! :rofl:

:hugs: Tina that is scary but since your doctors are happy with your choice it sounds like you made the right one. Sorry to hear about the temp at work messing up your desk/trying to tell you what to do! How annoying!

Glad you had a good visit with the in-laws Sarah! :) I haven't seen mine oh since Hannah's birthday party (seriously they haven't seen Rhys or Hannah since July and they live 20 minutes away :roll:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->