Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

No not typical. Maybe a growth spurt? Decreased milk supply because I have my period? Or just being little PITAs? :shrug:

Hmmm. I know sometimes my girls will randomly have a few bad nights here and there. Hopefully they snap out of it ASAP for you though!

I don't know Amanda! :( Claire was an awful sleeper so I have nothing to contribute other than hugs and that its just a phase. :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: sorry amanda! I have 3 kids too and I can totally understand, full nights for me are few and far bettween now, whether its Peyton and his problems, Jasmine having a nightmare, or Hilary wanting to eat... Its always something!

You could try asking Jess with the triplets? Although I think her babies slept pretty good.

I think you said theyve just started crawling etc, maybe its just a regression for all the new things?

:hugs: Hope it's just a phase Amanda.

Hannah was a bad sleeper until 6.5 months though after that she was great. Rhys has a few good nights but they are pretty far between.

I'm tending to think a phase or sleep regression too. Jack had a few days bad around 8 months. Just learning new things I guess.

Hope it's just a small regression :hugs: Joni has had one ever since she had her cold a couple weeks back. I'm finally starting to get her back on track by giving her water at night instead of milk, but I know your girls don't like the bottle so that probably doesn't help.

Rhys's sleep goes back and forth. We have a run of good nights and than a run of really really shitty nights :haha:

if he wasn't such a happy baby during the day I'd probably have lost it by now :rofl:

My kids are finally champion sleepers, with no training, thank god, but we had Barf Fest 2012 here last night with Helena. :( :( I am hoping there is no barf tonight!

Oh Poor Helena! Hope Elliot is not next!!

Jack's a pretty good sleeper now, granted I'm not liking the fact that he's usually stirring before 6 the last week. Sometimes he goes back to sleep and sometimes not! He's very capable of walking all over but still prefers to crawl. It's funny cause he'll walk between us for ages before bed but doesn't do it much himself yet.

Well we've finally hit the 'we have a pre-teen that doesn't want to hang around us' phase. This was the weekend we were due to get DH's son and he's phoned the other night and says he's got plans with friends instead! Not even 12 yet! I think DH is quite disappointed. And seems to me that if it gets to be a regular occurrence, stepson's Mom would make sure he keeps in contact but no chance of that! She doesn't even encourage him to phone him in the 2 weeks he's not here! Pisses me off that he forks out all this money for child support and barely sees him. He shows up in fancy brand new clothes and most of Jack's are second hand or from Ebay! GRRRR!!

that would be hard Maggs :hugs: your poor OH!

Hope Helena feels better soon Wendy! :hugs:

Aww that must be really hard to have to deal with all that Maggs. When does he stop paying? 16? or 18?

Hello ladies, its hard to just chime in because I have no idea what you're talking about (sleep seems to be the topic lately?) but I'll try to post here more and get to know some Canadian ladies. What are your LOs being for Halloween this year? Where do you get your costumes?

:hi: Phantom and welcome! Whereabouts in ON are you? there are several of us in ON on this thread :)

I'm Vickie. I have 2 kids, Hannah (4) and Rhys (5 months) and married to Stan :)

Hannah is going to be Belle this year and I just bought the cheap wal-mart version :haha: Rhys is going to be a dragon. I got it at costco for $12 :lol:

My girls are going to be sock monkeys :lol: I crocheted sock monkey hats and then they'll wear all gray with white socks on their hands and feet.

Hi Phantom :)

My daughter has chosen to be a strawberry, her first choice was a ballerina monkey but Old Navy sold out of her size really quick :\

Hi Phantom! I live in Scotland, but am from Nova Scotia. I emigrated here 2 years ago to be with DH. We have a little boy, Jack, who was 1 on Sept 23rd. No Halloween costume at the moment, it's not a big tradition as it is in Canada. Not many trick or treaters.

Melissa--he can stop paying at 16, but if SS decides to go into university, he may have to continue paying. By 16, we intend to move back to Canada anyway.

Am raging too right now! DH has just phoned and he'd made arrangements to go to SS's grandparents house to visit on his way home from work and said he'd be there at 5:30. Gets there and they're not even there!! Had to run out to the grocery store apparently and they all left. SS, his mother and grandmother. So he's sat around for more than half an hour waiting, and by the time he gets back here, his supper will be cold and Jack will be nearly ready for bed. Fucking livid!!! :growlmad:

that is so inconsiderate Maggs :grr: I'd be really ticked off as well!

You get so many men who just drop their kids when things go wrong and it really pisses me off that those who want to be around their children and are making all the effort get treated this way :nope: it's so so so wrong!

Elliot is being the New Zealand Spring Lamb :) (Brians heirloom family costume) and Helena is going to be Bo Peep :D Passed down from a friend, so I don't have to buy any costumes, woo hoo.

Elliot seems to have been skipped by the barfing and Helena hasn't barfed in 24 hours so thats good.

Maggs, that is annoying. Like Vickie, I know a lot of men are screwed over and would like to see their kids more, that really irks me!

Claire is a parrot, I got her costume from Gymboree. :flower: Welcome, Phantom!

:hugs: Maggs. :(

Happy Thanksgiving weekend ladies! Hope you all have wonderful dinners with your loved ones. :hugs: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->