Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I had a huge trunk full of my Mom's old clothes, and those were my "dress up" clothes. I remember she had a pair of these hot pink leather pumps (circa 1980 :rofl:) and I had a BLAST walking up and down our street wearing those and this powder blue power suit (again, circa 1980) :lol:

:haha: My dress up clothes were also mom's hand-me-downs. Was fun though!! I remember all she had were pointy heels and I thought they were so ugly, but then they came back in style in like 2005 or something :lol:

Ya our dress up box was real clothes too.... I think you could find some cute or fun things to put in a dress up box that is real clothes vs the flimsy princess dresses.

Jasmine a a piece of fur she uses for a scarf, some play jewelry etc, one of my uncles hats made it in. I'd like to just slowly get real things. They have some tutus and stuff

I just got a small box to put all the small dress up thing for her birthday... And I bought a real tiara from Claire's, a pair of Minnie mouse ears, a wand, some gloves, and Tom bought her a pair of soft dress up shoes from toys r us that look like pink sparkly ballet shoes with the princesses on them.

I was never really into dressup much as a kid. :shrug: So I never think about it all that much. :blush:
My girls have a "drawer" that has tutus, play shoes, etc in it - but that's it really. They don't seem to bother much with it either.

The idea of a dressup chest sounds like fun though. :D

Helena is absolutely obsessed with having fashion shows, a hundred times a day. I should look at VV tomorrow for some ugly clothes to throw in a box, I am sure she would love it :rofl:

:haha: wendy you're hilarious!!!
Alia loves dressing up too....she willl put on as many accessories as are available to her!

Jasmine likes to dress up but she usually has one dress she really likes wear and she will pick random pieces of jewelry

I have a *really* hard time picturing your mom in hot pink leather pumps Tiff! :rofl: :rofl:

:haha:

Alora loves accessories too, like necklaces, hair clips, etc. :D

B loves to put on scarves, necklaces, watches, bracelets, shoes, etc.

Hi ladies, been around but not posted on here since we went away the weekend. We had a lovely time, saw friends we've not seen in a few years. All came home sick. Well me and Jack, don't think DH is all that bad. I was sick first and now Jack has it, think it might be croup as he's got the horrible cough but doesn't seem overly bad. My nephew had it (unknown to me) when I dropped him at SIL's house last week to babysit while I was at work. Really wishing I could find another option for work to get him somewhere else. I know she loves him and all but she doesn't do all that we'd like her to do and her house is a pigsty! And I don't mean a little behind, I mean proper disgusting. Like the same piece of garbage on the floor that was there a week ago.

:hugs: Maggs that would be hard leaving my kid someplace where I felt that it wasn't best for them iykwim?

Hope you all feel better soon :)

I hope you all feel better soon Maggs. :( And that would be really hard, maybe you can find another option soon?

I hear you Maggs! We're limited with who can watch Claire as well. :( Although I'm probably going to have to quit my job which sucks but what can ya do eh?

I remember my mother saying to me "welcome to eternal guilt" when I had Claire, at the time I thought it was such a horrible thing to say to a new mother... but how apt it is!

It is so true isn't it Tiff! I do know she loves and adores him but I just hate going in everyday and seeing shit and junk everywhere. They'd used a tea towel to mop up some juice on the kitchen floor last week and it was still there this week :sick:

Jack's still got his nasty cough, thankfully seems to be still sleeping well (fingers crossed for tonight!) but not eating near as much as usual. He's just moping around a lot too. Poor wee guy!! :(

I cant imagine having that much crap around. :wacko: Sure, my house gets messy but I never let it get 'dirty'. :nope:

hello all i posted this elsewhere but was directed here by a kind person - i guess i just jump in??

so im quite preg atm but still enjoy alot of walking, as long as i have snacks and theres bathrooms nearby. its been chilly and rainy lately tho and getting a bit bored of doing the mall-walk, was thinking of getting H to take me to the Toronto Zoo. ive checked their site and it says theyre open yearround and there are alot of covered portions. jus wondering if any of you ladies have been there and is there enough areas that are covered/dry to make a proper day of it right now??

There are a lot of covered areas but some of them are a bit of a walk from one another (they are spaced out throughout the zoo so you'd still have to walk outside to get between them). Hope that helps :)

Toronto zoo has lots of cool stuff still!

Yikes maggs I am messy and not the best house cleaner but I think your sil tops me lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->