Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

hello all i posted this elsewhere but was directed here by a kind person - i guess i just jump in??

so im quite preg atm but still enjoy alot of walking, as long as i have snacks and theres bathrooms nearby. its been chilly and rainy lately tho and getting a bit bored of doing the mall-walk, was thinking of getting H to take me to the Toronto Zoo. ive checked their site and it says theyre open yearround and there are alot of covered portions. jus wondering if any of you ladies have been there and is there enough areas that are covered/dry to make a proper day of it right now??

Yay! Nice to see you found us! :)

If our zoo in Calgary is anything to judge by, the animals generally get perkier and more active in cooler temps. Way better viewing than the heat of the summer. :)

:hi:

Hope those on the east coast are riding out the storm!! :hugs:

Rainy and windy here but other than that not much. I think the worst is supposed to hit us overnight, then hopefully it'll blow over and we'll have a nice and sunny Halloween! :haha:

We were having a lovely warm chinook-y Sunday, but today was pretty chilly and snowy. Because I had outdoor classes, of course. It would have been lovely and sunny if it had been an indoor class.
Hmmm.
I am still betting that it will be costumes over snowsuits this year. A true Canadian childhood experience! :)

That is very true - though I never enjoyed wearing my costume that way. :sulk: :haha:

It really is a true Canadian Halloween Experience :D
I had to be a clown several years in a row because it fit over my snowsuit! :rofl:

Hi! I'm a Canadian pregnant momma! From Ontario! How's everyone feeling?

I remember wearing a snowsuit under a costume only obce

Frig that was every Halloween for me! :haha: Although a lot of it was self serving. North Bay was always COLD for Halloween and I wanted to be able to stay out as long as possible. Snowsuits made that happen. :rofl:

^It's so true. :haha:

Though last year, it was really nice on Halloween - like only fall jackets/sweaters required. I was hoping this year would be a repeat. Apparently not. :(

Hi 3Beans! :hi:

It's not cold here, but it's supposed to rain all week. :( not great for trick or treating at all. Fortunately we have a couple indoor Halloween parties to go to, so it will be fun even if trick or treating sucks. I probably won't take the twins if its pouring out

We haven't had to do the snowsuit yet but Hannah's always chosen really warm costumes. This year we'll have to do some very creative thinking since she wants to be Belle :roll: I can't wait to dress her up tomorrow though! She gets to wear her costume to school :)

Rhys's costume is nice and warm though, hopefully it won't be to rainy tomorrow so we can take him out to :)

:hi: 3beans! Lots of us from Ontario in here. What part are you in?

Happy Halloween! Happy windy, rainy Halloween. Who knows if we'll get Trick or Treaters or not, not usually many but have bags of candy just in case. Jack's got his Halloween shirt on today and he just made his first pumpkin craft...all eyes, nose, mouth and stem in random places! It's hanging on my cupboard with pride :)

Happy Halloween everyone!

Hannah went to school in her Belle dress and was so excited. She even cooperated this morning and ate her breakfast nicely and everything :haha:

My mom came over last night and was trying to teach Andrew how to trick-or-treat by role playing and it was hilarious to watch. I think I'm going to have to put pretend treats in his bag all day :rolleyes:

:rofl: Oh Amanda I was so there last year. It was Hannah's favorite thing to do and it was so annoying :haha:

this is why the Easter bunny gets all his eggs back the day after Easter :blush: I just don't have it in me to re-hide eggs 50 times a day every day of the year :rofl:

Claire is practically vibrating she's so excited lol. Its damp and cold but no rain just yet. Hope it either chucks it down now and gets all the rain outta the system or holds off entirely. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->