Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

J talks about my coffee A LOT "mama coffee hot" over and over, and LOVES an empty timmies cup, but so far has not attempted to drink any LOL

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, hes always grabbing at me for my coffee. Him and Peyton would get along lol

I have told the boys that coffee is poisonous to small children... :blush:
Come on! My boys on caffeine? :eek: It must be prevented at all costs!!

hahahaha Sarah!

Happy birthday Wendy!!

K - did any of your kids go through a biting phase? and i don't mean me - i mean other kids :( not sure what to do about it. She gets timeout. And she knows to stay there until she is sorry and appologies and she has to appologize for what she did. It is not good enough to say "sorry" she has to say "sorry for biting" "sorry for pushing" whatever. I saw her bite a kid at daycare this morning. and i scolded her and put her in timeout. I can tell she knows WHY she is in trouble, and what she has to do.. but it doesn't seem to sink in that she shouldn't do it. Like she knows when she bites, she gets in trouble, goes in timeout, says sorry and then its over. Like its not enough punishment - but IT should be enough for 20 months. Its EVERYDAY she is biting. :(

Sorry Sara I'm not sure what to do about the biting :( It's hard when they're that young and you can't really reason with them (aka bribe them :haha:)

Eve already does the bribing thing LOL. They have a chart...and they get a checkmark for everytime out. At the end of the day no checkmarks = treat (sticker, fruit gummies whatever) and at the end of the week if between the group of 5 of them there is less than 20 eve will bring out a new toy (this week its a princess basketball net). and that works so so... she got stickers wed and thursday... but friday is a writeoff due to the bite first thing (and god knows what else since). But its hard that its not me disciplining the behaviour (there is no kids at home for her to bite... so it doesn't happen at home).

Other then being consistent with saying no, she really is too young to understand bribes and charts and things. I know time outs are recommended for children over 2 as well because before that they usually don't understand well enough to rember the consequence and punishment and put it together.

Biting is a normal toddler behaviour, even if it seems mean and annoying.

You just have to stay consistent and she will grow out of it

Happy birthday Wendy! :cake:

I haven't let my girls try coffee either, I'm worried they'll like it. :haha: They both like to pretend they're drinking coffee or tea though. :)

Both of my girls have gone through spits and spats of biting, especially if they're mad, etc they will bite eachother. :dohh: I have just been really stern about it, put them in time out, and I stress that it hurts when they do that (basically give them the guilt trip). Once they realize they hurt eachother, they actually get sad and feel bad about doing it. :roll:
Honestly though, it rarely happens anymore. It seemed to be something they both went through around 18-24 months, and grew out of it. :shrug: At the time, they probably just haven't learned yet how to deal with anger and it seems to be the easiest and most natural thing for them to do.

Ya Peyton did a bit of biting around 20 months too but he rarely does it. And him and jasmine are both pretty rough with each other lol so I he bites now I usually can't blame him because he was harassed

Sorry Hannah only bit once and she was very young (like 9 months) so I just put her away from me and walked away and she hasn't tried since (yet :lol: never say never!). I hope you figure out something soon

Have fun if you do go Sarah (okay I tried to spell the word tobag whatever and couldn't :haha:)

Waiting on Hannah to finish her lunch. I forgot how much this child talks :rofl:

yeah - J TOTALLY gets time out. I don't care what "they" say, cause my kid understands LOL.

Vickie - i can only imagine when H and J see each other at dinner in a couple weeks... if J is shy it might not be too bad.. but otherwise no one else will get a word in edge wise LOL

My kids haven't been biters...yet! So no words of advice from me. :hugs: Hopefully it just passes. It's hard when she is biting kids that are not yours though! We have an insane amount of snow here in Edmonton. A teenager actually smashed our car up the other day. Did a left hand turn right in front of B as he was oncoming. and B drove into him and our car has over 7 grand of damage on the front end. :( :( Luckily the kids were not in the car, and everything is covered by insurance. Still sucks though, and totally knocked down the value of our car, which we bought new and are still paying for!

Wow that sucks Wendy. :( With $7000, I'm surprised they didn't write it off?
I'm glad everyone is okay though! :hugs:

Tobe was a terrible biter - he used to remind of a chubby little shark, chasing after Simon with his mouth wide open.... But he grew out of it. It took several months.
I think Joss is right - it is just a really common behaviour at this age. :shrug:
Toddlers are very uncivilized, brutish little beings. Not at all fit for polite society. :nope:

Wendy- glad everyone is okay :hugs:

For biting-- Elyse has done it a few times- and recently went through a phase when my parents bought their new puppy (Labradoodle that has been the worst with teething)... strict time outs were the only solution for us, luckily the times she was into that were pretty short-lived (hates time outs more than she likes biting I guess!) Definitely tiring to deal with the same thing over and over again though and it freaking hurt!!

Long day at work for me tomorrow. 11-7 at my work and then 7-10 doing new hire orientations. Then I have jury duty Tuesday :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->