Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

i don't think it makes THAT much of a difference.. just weird that my cycle is 3 days longer than a "regular 28 day cycle" and i o' on day 18 instead of day 14, and i went 3 days OD with J :shrug: I mean i don't think if a baby is born 2 weeks early that its bacause mom potentially has a short cycle.

Can I join in here??

I'm in Ottawa and found out last week that I'm pregnant with our first!!

:wave:

:hi: ParisPrincess! Congrats!

Sara - I don't think it makes a difference either. :nope: My cycles have always been 28-30 days. I always ovulate around day 16 or so, so I am fairly regular. BOTH of my girls always measured "ahead" and yet were overdue (5 and 8 days). You never know! :haha:

Ya I have 28 day cycles and I still went overdue with both girls :lol:

Congrats ParisPrincess!!! And welcome!

I didn't try for Claire and have no plans to try for another so no idea. :haha:

:wave: Welcome PP!

Congrats Sara!! Jayden is going to be a great big sister! <3

And congratulations to you as well ParisPrincess & welcome!

I have a pretty long cycle & Elyse was born in the 38th week.

Cycle length does make a difference if you get an early scan...

Ie: for a normal 28 day cycle you could easily go off the lmp and a 8 week scan would confirm that due date... If your cycles are longer then a scan would show a different measurement Sbf you'd get pushed back.

It happened to me with Hilary. I had a early scan and the baby measure behind a few days so they changed my due date

:hi: Welcome Paris and congrats! :)

and of course congrats Sara to :mrgreen:

My cycles were pretty much bang on 28 days pre-BC though when I was trying for Hannah they shortened to 24 days :shrug: No idea with Rhys since we fell pregnant the first month. But anyways I was given 2 due dates with Hannah and based on the scan July 24th was what they said. And Rhys's scan (which matched with my LMP on a 28 day cycle) said May 6. Hannah was born July 23rd and Rhys May 5 so a day before my EDD for both :rofl: and both times my waters broke in the middle of the night. A part of me does wonder IF we had a third if that kiddo would fall into the same pattern :haha:

I can't remember any of that stuff anymore. It's all a blur. :wacko:
Welcome Paris and huge congrats! It's so exciting! :)
Holy! Is it ever snowing here! We are supposed to get 15 cm overnight. It is so pretty. I love it, as long as I am not driving in it! :)

No snow here yet!!

Vickie I'm starting to think you really want three kids!!!

Yeah, Vickie! You should get pregnant again to test your theory! :haha:

Joss is right for me-- I measured about 2 weeks behind with Elyse & I had an early ultrasound that put me at 5 weeks, but my doctor still went by my LMP, which would have made me 7 weeks at the time of my ultrasound. But that way Elyse should have been due April 5th (vs March 22)- so not born March 13th lol

No snow here either! Actually its been relatively warm for being mid-November. :)

House hunting this morning then heading down to see Vickie and Sara! :yipee:

Ya date of conception is more accurate vs date of lmp.

I got induced on my due date of lmp though as per request, but they considered Hilary a week early because I was de until July 23rd by the us dates.

Feels freaking chilly here lol. We rarely get snow until late December or January though in Hamilton - we definitely had flurries in early November here (but no "real snow" yet).

You guys can keep your snow. :haha: Its actually kind of mild up here today, supposed to be about 11 degrees. :D

Both of my girls just wanted to drive me nuts I think, by both being overdue. :haha: Little stinkers. :rofl:

WHOA WHOA WHOOOOAAA! Sara!!! I am so happy I came and checked the thread! Congrats!! :D :D :D :D So So SOOO happy for you! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->