Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Rach - I love your new avatar, and that bed is awesome! Perfect for sleepovers too! :)

I feel like I am nonstop lately. :wacko: This thread used to be happening, it's dead lately! :shock:

I am dreading Christmas cards. :( Can't I just not do them... pleeeeease? :lol:

Vickie I agree- doesn't Rach look amazing in hers!! So happy too - I love it!

I am not doing cards this year :mrgreen: I feel bad but Andrew's family never does them, my family understands that I skipped this one, only a couple of my friends do them.. next year we'll make up for it with family Christmas pics I think though.

awww thanks :blush: It was taken in August at my sister's wedding but she's just starting to get her wedding pictures. She just sent this one to me yesterday and I love it :D

Tasha, Elyse looks like a little doll! I love her big beautiful eyes! Family pictures sound fun!

I'm excited about sleepovers too! It will be nice but I can't wait until we have another little one that can sleep in the bed too :cloud9:

Kate I'm with you! I don't want to do cards :\ We only do for customers. I know how much I appreciate getting cards from businesses I go to so I do enjoy being able to send them off. I just wish I didn't handwrite them all!

i have pictures for J booked on Friday - and i'll get a couple shots (enough to do up cards) the next day and then i can mail them out say Monday but i wonder if i've left it too late LOL.

Appt went well. My MW is great. Their philosophy/approach is very much in line with mine. should have gone that route the first time. she gave me a requistion for a dating scan :yipee: due to irregular cycles :) but suggested i wait 2 weeks so i was a little further along and the results more accruate. I don't care about the dating... baby will come when it comes, but i want to see everything is a-ok :)

That's exciting! I'm happy you found someone that likes to do things the same way you do. That should make for a less stressful experience!

I hope you get pictures :D

Okay, I need to pout. My husband is working the flight medic team this month and he just got a late call. A late call on the street might mean an hour or so overtime. A late call with flights means that I will see him in 4-5 hours if I'm lucky.
I was really hoping to go to my dance class tonight.
Crap. :sulk:

:( sorry he got called out Sarah

Glad that your MW appointment went well Sara :) Good luck with the dating scan!

I didn't hand write cards this year :haha: I had them printed at Blacks

Maybe that's what I'll do tonight - get the xmas letter written and start on the envelopes.

Sara - so glad you found someone you like! And yay for a scan!

I decided to only do Chrstmas cards for immediate family this year to save paper, postage ect. I'll send a Christmas email to everyone else closer to Chrstmas.

I don't know what came over me, but I'm making a gingerbread (well actually sugar cookie) dump truck for our party Sunday. I'm not much of a baker, so I'm nervous how it will turn out, but I want to continue my Dad's tradition. Every year he would make an elaborate cookie building and my cousins, siblings and I would get to countdown to 10 and then break it apart and eat it.

Sucks DH is out on call Sarah :(

I am SO EXHAUSTED. I don't know if its that i stay up way to late sewing or the pregnancy, but i never felt this beat when i was preggo with J. I just want to go to bed. But alas, j needs a bath, tim needs to be fed, and then J needs to go to bed (which is NEVER easy). And then i will tell myself - k just 30 minutes in my sewing room and next thing i know its 11pm.

that sounds like an awesome idea Amanda! :)

:hugs: Sara, hope you can get some rest. Being pregnant with a toddler/small child is tiring! I was exhausted early on in my pregnancy to and later on as well for that matter :haha:

So fun, Amanda!
Sara, I remember being very tired with the second pregnancy. Back away from the sewing machine and get some sleep! :)

Ew I can't believe Christmas is in 20 days. I have not really done anything.
I have plans to do cards, and to mail parcels, but I haven't actually done anything yet. Guess I will just buy a crappy box of cards tomorrow! I wanted a family picture but I have no one around to take one, and Brian is never home.

Hello everyone! It is quiet here lately. We're mostly done Christmas stuff, just left is to wrap, do some baking, do cards (once they arrive) and get gift cards, chocolates, wine, etc for those that get them. All the young ones are bought for.

Got my visa application off on Tuesday, £991 that I hope will be put to good use *sigh* Not what I need before Christmas. I'm applying for another job actually too. Haven't decided if I'll keep both or just this one and get rid of my car as it's just down the road and can walk/take the bus. It's still only part time but about £4 an hour more than where I get paid now. I'll decide if I get offered it I suppose.

Off today, Jack and I going to baby group at the family centre and will do some sorting/tidying so I can get the tree and decorations up asap. Everyone else has them early this year and I'm itching too.

Sara--really glad you're getting on well with your midwife. I love it here with the support and birthing ideas they have. It was much more relaxed than what you see on baby birth shows from Canada/the US. They really encourage natural, very little intervention and lots of calm environments. Good luck with your scan!

I did go to bed last night at 9. needed that. I feel a little better today :)

Good for you, Sara!
I feel bad grumbling about my husband - poor guy didn't get home until after midnight and has to be up in a few minutes to get the boys off to their various activities, as I'm off to hang out with penguins at the Zoo this morning.

have fun Sarah! i wish i could go hang out with penguins today... instead im stuck working with a bunch of monkeys :wacko:

Aww that sounds like a blast Sarah!

Sara - sorry to hear about the fatigue... I was exhausted in the early stanges of both of my pregnancies though. With Kyree, I actually found it worse. :wacko: Probably because with Alora, I didn't have the option to ever lay down or sleep, so I didn't notice as much. :haha:

I did have a blast with the penguins today! Lots of very cute, serious little visitors with fun penguin questions - I love that!'
I still haven't done much on my xmas letter. I'm feeling rather lazy and simply can't be bothered. It will get done. Eventually.... :)

Amanda what a great tradition! Good luck with your baking!!

Maggs good luck at your interview!

Sara hope the extra rest makes a difference for you today and the fatigue is limited to the first few weeks :hugs:

Elyse is at preschool and I have 3 hours all to myself. But what to do :shrug: gonna try to make myself get something done and watch a movie after I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->