Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

That is sad, I'm so sorry :hugs: Just because she's little doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate the thought!

:hugs:

Aww! We always end up feeling sad for our kids for some reason or another don't we. I'm sure she had a lovely day with her lovely Mom and Dad!

Well Jack's somewhat on the mend I think. No temp yet today and at least I managed to get him to drink nearly a cup of very diluted apple juice. But as of this morning, it had been nearly 36 hrs since he'd had anything to drink, apart from a few sips. He completely refused his bedtime cup of milk. His diapers have been practically dry for 24 hrs. I was worried today but he's had some, still not eating but I don't care about that. I know he'll bounce back with food. I don't know what is wrong, can you get a fever with teething?? Gonna keep an eye on him and take him to the drs before the weekend if need be. At least not as lethargic as yesterday. He pretty much whined and camped on my lap all day, poor little boy.

glad he's feeling better :hugs: Hannah did get a fever with some of her teeth (molars primarily and canines I believe).

What are everyone's plans over the next few days? :flower:

Hannah and I are going to a Santa Claus breakfast with friends on Saturday, MIL is coming over on Sunday and we'll spend Monday relaxing and doing some prep work for Christmas dinner :)

Tiff - that is really sad. :( I definitely feel like some family members dont seem like they care about being all that involved, and it is heartbreaking for sure. :sad1: I just try to make up for it the best that I can, and try to look at the positive aspects - there are SOME people who go out of their way and make an effort, and those are the ones who count. :shrug: And the way I see it, what goes around comes around. I typically go out of my way for people, and put in an effort... but when it comes to those who never do, well I may not try quite as hard for them. :flower:

Sounds like fun Vickie! :) Nothing too crazy here. Saturday will be a housework day... Sunday my Dad will be driving up, Christmas Eve we'll just relax and visit I think. Christmas day we'll be going to my in-laws in the afternoon for supper (weather pending of course)... boxing day is dinner with my Mom, brother and Dad all together. The 27th we're getting together with Brig and her family. The 28th, I have a playdate planned with some friends and their kids for lunch.

And thats about it. Pretty busy actually. :wacko::haha:

that sounds fun Kate! :) I plan to have some play dates to but will probably be the week after Christmas. Hannah is going to MIL's the 27 at lunch time and coming back after dinner the 28th.

we have to clean house to, badly :haha: I won't let MIL in until it's clean :rofl: not sure if we'll tackle it Saturday after the breakfast or Sunday morning though

Same Kate, really if people don't make an effort for me, I'm not very inclined to do so for them. Barring illness/health issues, newborns etc lol. A lot of people are really not thoughtful these days, cancel plans at the last minute or don't do things they said they would- it makes me appreciate it more when people do.

Sorry they weren't more into her birthday :( :hugs:

MIL did similar the other day. She invited us to this Christmas thing. Her sisters and nieces and their kids were there, I have my arm issues and told her I'd buy her ticket if she came to help me out. Well she really didn't, in fact she said she wished she didn't go because it was boring? Also there was a wine tasting/food pairing in another room when the kids were getting hot chocolate.. she hung out there talking the whole time, then after she just gabbed with relatives and didn't help with Elyse at all. I know what I'm getting myself into with her, but I figured she would be different since I am injured (moreso than I usually am anyway lol).

Vickie- have fun at breakfast with Santa! That was always one of my favourite things as a kid :cloud9:... tomorrow we have a Christmas concert and pot luck, Sunday I'm off to my grandma's, 24th my aunt's, 25th presents with Andrew/Elyse in the AM, my family for dinner, his aunt's in the evening and the 26th we're headed to his dad's :sick: TOO MUCH!

Our weekend is busy too! Tomorrow my sisters are coming over for a Christmas movie night.... Not sure what were watching though haha then Saturday my whole family is coming over for our family Christmas celebration.... Sunday I'm bringing the girls up to Oshawa to meet up with a few university friends, then Monday will be making cookies for Santa with the girls and Tuesday will be doing Christmas with Nathan's family. Whew!!

Well my plans for the week have been a bit put off and changed with Jack being sick, but things are slowly getting done.

Last night I wrapped all Jack's gifts and the ones for nieces and nephews. DH brought home some bottles for his parents. Today Jack and I are going in town...if he's well enough when he wakes that is. Get DH gifts and last grocery shopping in. This weekend I want to get my baking done, wrap DH things, hopefully get around to deliver the locals cards and on Sunday taking Jack to a Christmas party at the Mason's. They have it every year in the village and FIL is in the Mason's. Then Monday will be dinner I guess where I work all next week. Gonna be pooped before I get to work I think!

:hugs: Tasha that is so frustrating!

Sounds like everyone is going to be really busy!

How is Jack feeling Maggs?

Rhys seems to finally be on the mend :dohh:

I've never done a breakfast with Santa, they didn't have them where I lived growing up that I know of :rofl: Even if they had though I doubt my mom would have had the spare money for it anyways. I was talking to Hannah about it yesterday and told her that C was going to pick us up and she said "yeah because Santa's sleigh isn't big enough for all of us" :haha:

Aww too cute, that sounds like a really nice idea. :)

I am SOOO glad its Friday. :happydance:

Tonnes of snow out there though. :wacko: Buses are cancelled and everything.

Vickie...he's gotten rid of the fever and bad runny nose but still refusing food and drink. He's had a little food but only about 4 oz of diluted apple juice and has refused any milk since tues. He's so little i'm worried he'll lose weight. Diapers have been hardly wet

:( the food wouldn't bother me but the drinking would. I think when Hannah had the stomach flu they said to make sure she peed at least once every 8 hours? so that she wasn't getting dehydrated. Poor Jack :hugs:

Ya water or BM is the main thing for sure!!!

Well we're making slow progress, think I've found the culprit...looks like at least two teeth coming in, one being a canine. He's only got 4 on top and 2 on bottom so he's a bit behind so he could be in theory cutting 2 bottom ones, plus 4 canines and 4 molars so he'll catch up!

He's eating marginally better, mostly breakfast, yogurt and applesauce but he's at least willing to nibble a bit of cheese and fruit off our plates. Drinking very diluted juice better now and actually had half his cup of milk last night before bed, which is a first for a week now!! Just hope this loss of appetite doesn't turn into a picky toddler cause he's such a good eater.

What's everyone doing today? I'm making Christmas dinner as work tomorrow then will be setting up the gifts after Jack goes to bed. Just have to figure out where to put Molly (the cat) over night as she'll be a nightmare into the presents no doubt...nosy little brat!! :lol: DH only works half a day, well fingers crossed anyway. And webcam with my parents, brother and sil later. Gonna be hard sleeping tonight...I'm worse than a kid!!

Glad he's feeling better :)

I hope you had a great day Maggs (and everyone else to of course!)

We had a pretty low-key day here. I prepped some stuff for tomorrow, hung out with the kids, watched some Christmas movies, made reindeer dust etc. :lol: It was a good day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->