Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

It feels like Spring here, but we alternate between grey and rainy and sunny and summerish. I can't really complain since you guys still have snow, but I always get into summer mode on sunny days and then feel a little depressed when I wake up to a rainstorm the next morning

We had loads of rain last week but the sunny breaks in between were really nice. Today is sunny but cool. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice though! :) Hopefully my kids will be healthy enough to take out :haha:

Question:
Can I buy maternity jeans now on sale and expect that they will fit in the fall?
Also I'm thinking of buying the on sale maternity jeans/pants and making them into capris like I did last summer.

I have no idea how this works. The girls at the store said that they should fit right to the end. Is that true in your experience??

Mine always have fit right to the end...and I gained 40+ pounds both times (bought most of my clothes from Thyme). That's what I would do Reba, you save SO much money that way. That's actually what I do every time haha...I go in when I'm still in first tri and all the clothes for the past season are on clearance. I got a maternity swim suit for like $20 that way.

Hope you can get the kids outside tomorrow Vickie <3 I think we're starting to get sick too. I woke up with a sore throat and Alia seems a bit stuffy today :(

excellent thanks Melissa!!
I was thinking about it when I saw Thyme's e-mail today and noted the price difference in the "out of season" winter clothes vs the spring/summer stuff coming out.
I might just have to head there today haha

I don't know. My maternity jeans barely fit by third trimester and I pretty much lived in yoga pants for the last 3 months of both pregnancies :shrug: I personally wouldn't buy too many pants in advance, but you can get alot of use out of tops. I found that my size changed (from sm/med - large first pregnancy and sm/med-xlarge/xxlarge second pregnancy). I guess alot depends on where you put on pregnancy weight - butt, thighs and breasts can make a big difference in how clothing fits.

hmm good point
I already feel like my butt is getting bigger - breasts have gained 2 cup sizes

I just tried on capris from last summer they've got some room in them but I'm not sure how long they will last. Maybe because it's my first pregnancy I'll be smaller and will be able to stay in the same clothes? I was thinking of buying 2-3 pants and then altering 1-2 of them and making them into capris. I have one pair of yoga pants that I think will work for the whole pregnancy and I have two yoga capris that I think will also work :shrug: it's hard knowing :\

I have had luck that my pants all fit till then end (and I gained like 65lbs with J) but it probably depends on where you gain it.

I like to buy on clearance. I picked up 2 swimsuits (reg $80 each) for $20 in Feb before we went away! I also like Old Navy mat clothes - I prefer the selection on Oldnavy.com but can't justify the shipping :(

oooh I wonder if the old navy here has mat clothes?
I remember Amanda buying their tank tops for the summer and loving them!
I'll have to check :) thanks for that suggestion.

Reba - the Thyme here in Calgary has an outlet shop so I was able to pick up all sorts of stuff for dirt cheap - like $5/top, $10/pants. Maybe look up the nearest outlet and shop away? :) Also, I received some clothes from girlfriends, then passed on a bunch in return. That communal closet kind of set up can be really helpful.

So I felt like hibernating today - so sleepy with all this cold, grey, snowy weather. :cold: :sleep: :cold: Come on, Spring! Get here already! :hissy:

Sara's pants fit me right to the end too :haha:

My first pregnancy the pants fit the entire way through as well but I had very few clothes. I was given a ton of shirts this time around so had quite the assortment to get me through to the end of the pregnancy.

Yesterday was really gross here. Today was nicer but the kids were gross so I didn't take them to the playground :haha: Will likely be keeping Hannah home tomorrow so hopefully can get out some as it's supposed to be really nice. She's up coughing a lot but no fever or anything so hopefully we can kill some of the day outside.

Hope you all feel better too Melissa :hugs:

Our Old Navy here just introduced the maternity line. Maybe you'll have to stop by when you're in town Reba

Apparently Nanaimo has an outlet for Thyme - I could check that out the next time I'm up there. I'm sure my friend who lives there could tell me if it actually exists as sometimes I don't trust random websites information :haha:

Ohh that's good to know Amanda. I'll check out the Old Navy here and see but if not when I come over I should see about visiting yours!

Thanks for the friend's suggestions... unfortunately I doubt many friends would have clothes to give. I'll see if I get any responses when I post on facebook. Have a few weeks to wait yet as we're not announcing until 13 weeks.

Happy 10 weeks!!!!! If I had any maternity clothes ... well they'd be too big but if I had any in your size I'd hand them over! lol

yay 10 weeks - ticker switches over early as I guess it's tomorrow technically in eastern Canada :rofl:
You're a sweetie to offer clothes Rach :hugs:

lol it counts, it's only an hour and a half until it's technically true for you :hugs:

the communal Mat clothes closet is nice! I wasn't given very much my first pregancy - i bought a lot of it.. but then i lent it to vickie, who gave it back to me with lots extra, and then i have added to it again!

DH has a cousin who is almost the same size as me, just a bit shorter, and we've been alternating pregnancies for the past three years :haha: We now both have two kids within two years and one hell of a maternity wardrobe.

That's awesome - a lot of the people I went to school with have had their kids ages ago and same with older friends in town. Friends our age in town haven't had kids yet. SIL just had a baby but she's not the same size as me so I don't know that her stuff would fit ... or that she'd share for that matter :p

Oh well :)
If I can get some good sale deals DH is happy. Plus I'm heading down to Cali this summer so I'm sure I can pick some clothes up there for reasonable prices.

Happy 10 weeks reba!

Personally it ust depends on your body type and and where you gain the weght as to wether tey fit or not. Some people ar luckyand don't gain anyhing in their butt or legs so they can wear their pants till the end... Other people gain more there and cant :) Anything I bought in first tri never fit at the end of my pregnancies.

It was such a gorgeous day today!!! We had alot of fun outside at the barn playing with the ponies etc... it was great.

I had a follow-up appointment for my surgery and I will have to go back at the end of august for another colposcopy and biopsy :( it just never ends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->