Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

well if it's any consolation... it's as dark as a December day here and absolutely pouring down rain. The only things I plan to do today are to catch up on dishes and laundry - get my blood test - and snuggle down in the couch and watch some movies!

Hope the storm isn't too bad. My friend is out your way for a funeral and her FB said "OMG it's snowing" so I know the storm has started :hugs:

It's dark and pouring rain here today....tomorrow if it's cold enough it will be snow :(

How is everyone this weekend?
We are currently getting snow but not as bad as they predicted.

I'm good!

The inch thick ice that was covering everything yesterday has melted now thank heavens. AND didn't totally decimate the trees in our front yard, which has me happy. My poor neighbour's tree lost almost all of the branches on their one tree. :(

Waiting for Vickie and family to get here :yipee: and get some shopping in. Woot woot!

have a great visit with Vickie and family Tiff!! (and Tiff and fam Vickie) :haha:

J woke up at 7:20 I was able to distract her enough with ipad in our bed, to get to lie around till 8:30 when I realized CRAP we have to be at gymnastics at 9:15. We made it LOL. Then we went to walmart - where J picked out a dress. Like told me "mom I like this one, can we buy it" she has never asked for any specific clothes before LOL. Then we came home, lunch, colour, story and enforce a nap. So while she is napping I caught up on some laundry and dishes - and now im eating my lunch :) We have swimming at 6:30. Busy Saturdays!

We're supposed to go play board games with friends but he was sick yesterday and I've messaged to ask if we're still on (we didn't set a time) but I haven't heard anything back for 3 hrs!!

So not sure what we'll get up to today :)

I'm at my parents tonight to hang out with my sisters, then catching up on housework tomorrow.

Cute quote of the day (N's mom texted me this :lol:):

Alia was feeding pretend food to her toy cat. I asked her what it was. She said, "Cats only eat catfood, Grandma." I said sometimes they like to catch mice. She said, "I'm bettin' it's just cat food."

:rofl: That's hilarious Melissa! "I'm bettin' its just cat food" omigosh, ha ha ha <3

Glad you guys made gymastics Sara! I forgot Claire's first day of swim class ha ha ha.

Had an AWESOME time with Vickie and family <3 It had been far too long. :)

Agreed! Gotta do it more often for sure! :)

We have had a really busy weekend! Fantasy Fair yesterday. Dance class, errands and Barrie today! :) Tomorrow 2 birthday parties and some errands for Rhys's birthday :rofl:

Okay, Alberta is offically in the "Worst Weather in Canada" competition for this weekend: predicted 10-25 cm of SNOW :cold: over the weekend. I think we've had about 10 cm? And of course, it has all been happening over a weekend of lovely outdoor programming for me. Nothing like pointing out migratory bird species who are all like, "What the HELL?! It's supposed to be spring!! I left Florida/Mexico/California for THIS?!" Actually, these spring squalls mostly just impress the hell out of me when I realize how freakin' tough those birds are. :bodyb:

ewww!

It mostly rained here though other areas got a lot of ice and some snow. I was glad it was just rain and nothing worse :rofl:

Sunny today though and supposed to be beautiful out!

yeah Sarah - we have a mama goose who has a nest at the FRIGGEN front door to my office... like litterally within 5 feet in the bush. This is her 3rd year nesting there. She laid we think 4 eggs last monday/tuesday. Then thurs/fri we had that awful snow/ice/hail/rain storm. I felt so bad for her. She didn't move from the nest for a few days and looked like she had icicles hanging off her beak.

We got 10 inches of snow last week, I was SO ticked. :rofl: Definitely a late spring for sure. :nope: Its nice right now but I'm sure it'll go back to snow in a few days, like it has for the past friggin' month lol.

omg sara I remember that goose story from last year!!! :rofl:

Jasmine refuses to wear denime as well. She would wear dresses only if I would let her LOL....That kid has soooo many clothes though. I am hoping Hilary will let me do her hair, she has tonnes of it and she is so girly looking LOL

Friday was absolutely miserable here! Couldn't believe it.... I stayed home all day ahaha... So many trees fell down around here it was crazy.

And like every house in our neighbourhood has sold withink a few SHORT weeks of being listed... And im not talking 1 or 2... Im talking at least 9 that I can think of. And that is on our street and the next oe alone! Its crazy. We're going to list our house within 2 weeks.

thats a good sign Joss - i hope your place isn't on the market long!

Yep stupid goose is back. She generally isn't any trouble, but common we were here first - you didn't notice the 100 people walking everyday by when you picked this spot? :haha:

Good luck listing Joss!

I am currently waiting on Rhys to wake up from a mammoth nap :haha: I knew it was coming after a busy weekend but was kinda hoping it'd happen in the morning :rofl:

I need to find more time to check in every where more often.

Good luck with listing again Joss, it sounds like the neighbourhood is a good sign.

Awwww that poor goose, strange though that she would pick such a busy area to nest over and over.

It's been windy here the past few days but the weather is starting to warm up a bit and the snow is gone.

Ugh I've definitely had enough! Super cold, windy, and a bit of snow for good measure :roll: At least it didn't stick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->