Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Yep me too, pretty much anything I buy is groceries unless it's a present.

We figured out how much we were spending just by putting all our reciepts on the fridge after each shopping and counting it up at the end of the month...yah I don't want to see that again. :dohh:

its crazy how much you can save by meal planning. Im the WORST for not planning period and having to buy stuff to make for dinner EVERYDAY! and i'll spend $40-50 each day that way... but last week I went in on Tuesday and decided to buy dinners for the whole week (planning on the fly) based on what was on sale, and I spent $95 and bought our "essentials" (k-cups, coffee cream, milk, cereal) 4 dinners, and some lunch stuff for tim as he is working from home. CRAZY! Now some of our dinners weren't "fancy" chicken fingers & fries... but one night we had chicken and steak kabobs...

I'm going to try and freeze a lot this summer - once things come in season. It's so much cheaper in season and we have a pretty big freezer. I want blueberries, peaches green beans, corn, strawberries, zucchini and peppers....and peas of course but all we have to do is throw a bunch of bags in our freezer.
I also want to make a bunch of freezer meals for September....I know I'm not going to want to cook with a newborn hanging off me.

I definitely want to fill a freezer full of goodies this summer. It all depends on whether our renovation is able to be done in time or not. I have an apartment sized freezer but after the renovation I'll be able to have a much larger freezer and then I can go nuts. I definitely want to make a bunch for after the baby comes!

We found the burgers we made beforehand to throw on the grill were awesome and the chicken fingers--they went the fastest. We also deboned a couple of cases of chicken breasts and cut some of it into cubes for stir fries :thumbup: I think we had three months of easy meals it was awesome

We buy our chicken in bulk at the maple lodge factory outlet which saves us a lot of $

I love the burger idea Vickie! I don't like buying the grocery store ones and from the butcher they're so expensive. Homemade chicken fingers is a good idea too. My uncle raises chickens I really should call him and order a bunch.

Shocking!!!!
I just retrieved this thread from the unused pile!!!!
Not allowed until we break 100,000 posts, girls!!
Let's apply ourselves, shall we? :haha:

So, just bought and installed the silly-expensive Diona RadianXT for Tobe. I like it so much I am almost considering really really really blowing the budget and replacing Simon's Britax with a Radian. But that would be a bit silly.

Watching Husband swearing, sweating, and loudly announcing "no more babies if I have to figure out one more of these damn car seats!" as he installed it was enough entertainment for months! :rofl:
He insisted he could do it and wouldn't let me help. :shrug: I suggested he read the directions, but apparently men don't need to do that... :dohh:

lol those manly men never need instructions lol

Are you guys considering a third yet? :D

I have a radian for Alia and I love it... I feel bad that we couldn't afford one for Joni, but maybe I'll upgrade her once this baby needs her seat.

hahaha I think it's "guy code" that they lose a certain amount of manliness if they read directions (or take directions of any kind) :haha:

I've heard rumours that the car seat installation is the new rite of passage into fatherhood....

Rach - oh, a third is always sort of kind of maybe on the radar. It seems to get less likely as the boys get older and I start to really enjoy the thought of getting my professional life back again. But at the same time, I cannot seem to get rid of a single piece of baby gear, nor can I bear the thought of the beautiful, precious baby chub on Tobe's little legs slimming out into the beanpole coltishness of Simon. I NEED a fat little baby bum around! I NEED one!
But pregnancy cannot happen until I lose some weight and get back into fighting shape. And even then, I am just not sure if I should do this again or not. I am so grateful for my terrible wonderful boys. A third would mean a lot of changes and challenges. I can't seem to make up my mind, nor can Husband. Maybe we'll play a few months of NTNP once I shed some pounds, and then que sera sera? Still not sure...

Does my vote count??? :lol:

But of course, Melissa! All of my family planning is done by a fair and democratic voting process via this thread! :rofl:

Actually, in all seriousness, I keep checking in to see how our 3-kids friends are doing and you will soon be one of them. It certainly adds to my considerations. In the end, I have a feeling we'll just toss a coin or just get drunk and have one of those "accidents"? :)

Our strategy has been to make babies first, think about the logistics second :winkwink:

so far pregnancy with two kids hasn't been TOO bad....not much different from pregnancy with one kid :)

lol Sarah and Melissa I love your planning! I think we're going to do the same thing for #3, not really try but do absolutely nothing to stop it. If it happens it happens!

Of course I won't be trying as early as we really started trying with this one! I kind of like the idea of them being a few years apart. Right now 4 years sounds wonderful lol

4 years is a good gap....if we didn't want ours all close together I would have wanted a 4-year gap because the oldest would be in kindergarten by then haha

lol well here she'll be in preschool until she's 5.5 but yah. It'll be nice! I originally wanted them 2 years apart but I'm glad it didn't work out so well lol (for me)

3 kids? Would I recommend it? Completely depends on the person. You I think could handle it and even embrace the chaos. I have several friends that I definitely wouldn't recommend having a third (or even a second in some cases!). In the end its a very personal decision though (or in my case a non decision)

Fully agree with Amanda.... some people I think are better off stopping at two (referring to people I know irl) but Sarah you seem like you are able to take things in stride and have fun and embrace life....I think you'd rock being a mom to three :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->