Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I love the pay pass too!! I get so excited when I can use it :haha: And ya, there is a limit on the dollar amount you can use the pay pass for....so if your card was lost/stolen you could just cancel it before the thief had the time to rack up any kind of debt on it.

Yay!
Bank called and it's all good. Money is being reimbursed. Yay!
Melissa - they cleaned my account out in a matter of minutes. Do you think you'd have time to realize and then cancel the card? I kind of just wish that we'd come up with better security than what is here. Because it definitely isn't enough. :nope: Whatevs, I guess, if I'm not out of pocket, but still. It's a tad disconcerting.

In other news, my laryngitis seems to be re-emerging, just in time for my outdoor ed class tomorrow - which should be taking place in a forecast 100 mm of rain.... :rain::shipw::help:
I had buying rainboots on my list of things to do today. And did not get to it. Starting to think I should probably have prioritized that. Hmmmm.

I was just commenting on the pay pass.... obviously your thief didn't physically have your card so there was no way of you realizing it. But someone said something about how the pay pass is terrible because if someone stole your card they could use it without needing a pin.... but they could only use it for $25 transactions or less and they'd have to physically have your card.... just saying it would be tough for them to go around to a bunch of different places using up a little amount at a time. Am I making sense??? Probably not, it's late :haha:

Glad you got your money back!

I didn't know that about the paypass. I guess that would deter a thief. But that would kind of deter me from bothering with one, too. I mean, wouldn't that be pretty inconvenient - having a card that can only pay small transactions like that?

Sorry, hope that didn't sound rude? I am genuinely curious! :) And tired, too! :)

haha no I didn't think it was rude.... it's just a feature on my credit card....so say I'm at the grocery store buying $200 worth of groceries - I use the card and have to enter my pin....then later that day I run into a Tim's to get a tea - I use the same card but I just have to tap it on the sensor since it's a couple bucks.

I think if they are going to get your card/number they are going to get it :shrug: There are so many ways to get your info without physically getting your card now anyways.

I didn't realize that there was a limit on the amount you can use the tap feature with :lol:

I am the worlds worst at keeping track of my debit card though so yes it would be likely for someone to take it and use it for days without me realizing that the card was physically gone :dohh: (I don't use it often and though usually it stays in the same place sometimes I forget to take it out of the diaper bag or my coat pocket etc)

I'm the same Vickie. I really need to bunker down and be more viligent with my stuff. I never check reciepts etc either or balance my account.

My friend started doing that when she did groceries and has noticed that (I kid you not) EVERY time she bought groceries they overcharged her for something. :nope:

weirdly enough I do check my receipts :rofl: My mom did it though so it's ingrained into me!

it's just that damn card I have issues keeping up with :blush: drives Stan batty :rofl:

I hate all bank and credit cards LOL I ended up getting rid of my credit card again awhile ago. It just isn't worth it. I just prefer cash or my debit card.

Sorry that happened to you sarah! That does really suck!!!!!!!!!

Wow, is it ever raining here! It has been coming down in buckets. The radio said 75 mm in the last 24 hours. Of course, I have a family nature park adventure to lead tomorrow afternoon, advertised as "rain or shine". :dohh: Down in one of the river parks, no less. I've been watching the pathway closures, hoping that my planned route is still above water. I think I will be working hard on Plan B this evening, just in case half my program stops are inaccessible.

Despite the downpour, we had quite a nice day! We went to see Mermaid Theatre's production of Treasured Stories of Eric Carle: a blacklight puppet show of Very Hungry Caterpillar and two other stories. Delightful and both boys did quite well. It is the first proper 1-hour live theatre show I've tried them on and I was quite pleased with how engaged they were. Tomorrow we see a very cool production of Pinocchio. I will come back and give a review! :) Meanwhile, here is a link to the show. They tour all over North America, so keep an eye out. It was really cool and if my wiggly little worms could sit and enjoy, there's hope for all! :)
https://www.epcorcentre.org/WhatsOn/ShowDetails.aspx?show_id=2EC1CBC8-FA4C-4A2C-BA06-6994C5D670AE

Was just reading back and realized that I really should check my recipts more often. I rarely do and wonder if I would even notice mistakes amongst all the items in a typical grocery shop?

That sounds like fun Sarah!!!

I should check my receipts more too...usually the grocery store ones are just so damn long I don't have the time.

I know! And I really doubt that I would even remember what most of the shelf prices were at that point. I'm usually in such a rush to get the hell out of there before Simon and Tobe knock over a display or something like that, there is no way I would be able to check everything right there where it's convenient! :)

haha same....usually the girls are just ready to GO by then and I shop at no frills so I have to pack up my own groceries...and Alia likes to hold onto the receipt and roll it up and unroll it while she waits.

I hear you on the receipts. My friend who posted that on her FB lives in Newmarket. This is her status about it:

Really need to start watching closer when my groceries are being rung in (thought I was...) got charged over $7.50 for eggs that should have cost $3.38!!! They were rung in twice and not even the right brand of egg... how the he** does that happen??? Grr... if this only happened once in a blue moon I wouldn't mind so much...

Crazy, eh? She goes on in the comments to say that its not just one place that does it, she's noticing more and more that when she actually compares her receipts that nearly every place has over charged her. Small price when you think individually, but all those overcharges definitely add up over time. :nope:

I check mine in the car after the kids are strapped in :thumbup: But in saying that generally I don't find it worth going back in for a small overcharge. It's just not worth the hassle of fighting the crowds

I've noticed that metro has been sneaky about prices before....they'll advertise a sale price on the shelves, but the sale price is under the wrong product...so if you don't actually read the label on the tag you could actually grab the wrong product. I'm sure they do that on purpose.

I think no frills has a policy though that if the price you're charged is more than the item is marked you get it for free....so they're probably pretty careful about it. (hopefully)

I think you're right about No Frills Melissa. I also find that a lot of places do that same thing, advertise sales but the actual product is elsewhere. Sneaky sneaky!

I wish I was more organized to do coupons. I was pretty vigilant for them when Claire still had formula as I always wanted to save on the cost of it. Diapers too actually, now that I think about it.

I have a friend who's obsessed with couponing and she started this FB group where she points out coupons and then pairs them with weekly deals and then basically get stuff for free. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->