Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Oh yes we had the fake wood panelling station wagon too :thumbup:

The first movie I saw in theatre was Fantasia with my babysitter and brother

Nice to see other Canadian Moms! This is the first I've seen of this group. Hope you don't mind me joining in? I just had my little girl end of February.

Hi Ashley!
Welcome!
I am guessing that is your little girl in your avatar? What a cutie pie!

Welcome Ashley! :wave:

Jump on in! We love having other Canadian Moms to chitter chat with! <3

Hey ladies!

Welcome Ashley!

I wanted 3 or 4 children but now I am thinking 1 more after this pregnancy. I think I would do around the same age difference if I could, depending on how it goes after this baby is born. B would be in kindergarten if we waited the same amount of time which would be nice.

:hi: Ashley and welcome! Your little girl is beautiful <3

ET scared the crap outta me when I was a kid :rofl: not sure why. Ghostbusters did to :rofl:

It was the ewoks for me. That ages me doesn't it! :rofl: Not the actual ewoks but the bad guys in it.

Bambi and The Bear did it for me, I bawled like a baby in the theaters for both of me. :haha:

Tiff- I dont think I would be disturbed by your friends comments. I have 3 kids and it is HARD. I don't care what annyong says, it does not get easier. The older they get the more fighting I have to deal with and the more individual time they require etc.

Not to mention how expensive everything is. I am seriously afriad of the time when they are ALL in some kind of extra-curricular activity. It is hard enough with Jasmines balle, let alone Hilary and Peyton doing something!

Its honestly just constant stress... Going out to simple places and actitivities is a burden.

1 kid would definately be a hell of alot nicer LOL

Bambi - I watched at 6 years old at a friend's house and didn't watch it again until I was 15 and babysitting. It scarred me for life!

We had 3 kids in our family and I don't remember much one-on-one time. That being said I think my sister took up a lot of time. :shrug: I think it happens with every family no matter how many kids :)

I think every family size/age gap/etc has its pros and cons.
And I think there are days when I would cheerfully sell my terrible children to the nearest medical experiments lab and run screaming back to being a D.I.N.K., and days when I am absolutely enthralled by how incredibly lucky I am to have these beautiful boys in my life.
And days when both things happen back and forth about 17 times an hour. :dohh:
This is part of why I hesitate about #3.
I hear you about the expense, Joss. It is probably my biggest hesitation (well, after my mental health! :haha:). The cost of three vs two is a huge consideration.

Right now the only thing that's leaning me toward three instead of four kids is the possibility of having 4 c-sections....they just get riskier and riskier each time and it really freaks me out. My worst fear right now is that something will go wrong this time and I'll have to have a hysterectomy. I know odds are in my favour that it will go well but I just have way too much time to think about the c/s this time.

I definitely agree with Sarah that every family arrangement is going to have it's pros and cons. I've heard from lots of large families that going from 2-3 kids is the biggest adjustment because you're outnumbered :lol:

I don't think I'd ever want a third. Well I have a stepson but he's coming 13 so in another 3 or 4 years, he'd be finishing school and off to college.

I know friends who have big families say that going from none to one child and from 2 to 3 children are the biggest shocks.

Yep, I definitely think that people have to do what they're comfortable with. There ARE times however where I feel bad at times that Claire won't have any siblings. The thought of her being "alone" when P and I pass away is troublesome.

But then I'm on the fence because I DO NOT want more children. We have enough with her and I feel that giving her a brother or a sister just so she won't be potentially alone later in life not the reason to do it. There's no guarantee that they'd even get along. For as many families that I know who's siblings are all close and get along, I know of almost the same amount where the siblings hate each other and don't speak.

:neutral:

Don't mind my rambling. My appointment to get my tubes tied is tomorrow morning at 11am so of course all of this is running through my mind. I definitely don't want more, but I don't want to do Claire a disservice by not having siblings either. :(

Tiff I agree with you completely....I don't think you should have another baby *just* to give Claire a sibling so she isn't alone when she gets older. If I were an only child there's no way I would consider myself "alone" when my parents are gone. I have my husband and and kids to always keep me company, and I'm sure Claire will have the same :flower:

Plus, you said yourself if you ever had second thoughts, that adopting is an option.... so just remember that this appointment isn't closing all your doors forever :hugs:

Yep, I definitely don't ever want to be pregnant again. And yes, we're 100% okay with adopting for sure IF we ever feel that we need to.

I'm a little scared of the surgery but its so basic (I'm probably going to get clamped, not completely severed) that I'll more than likely go in the morning and be out by that afternoon.

Being put under scares the bejeebus out of me lol!! I'm so afraid that I'll never wake up. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->