Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I had an argument with my neighbour's friend who was over on Sunday. She couldn't believe I just had one, kept telling me to have more. So I was polite and said no, one was enough for us.

Then she goes on how it gets easier, the kids help each other out, she would know as she has FOUR. Again, I said that's great but one is enough for us.

So she kept pushing it, finally I said that IF we ever have another we'd probably adopt. Then she went on about adoption etc, how there's no point in it blah blah blah blah. I let her go on for a bit then brought up how I'M adopted. :smug:

Convo died after that. :haha:

Stan's getting the snip on Friday so we are done :haha:

Not that either of us is that opposed to a third but financially it makes more sense for us to have 2. And I don't particularly want to go through pregnancy weight loss again :haha:

Ugh some people Tiff!!!

I'm a pretty notorious baby pusher but I would never suggest it to someone who was adamant about not having anymore. Most people I try and convince to have more are already on the fence about it haha.
I don't think there's anything wrong with stopping at 1, 2, 3, 4, or 10! To each her own :)

Tiff I'm so glad you shut her up about the adoption thing - who says there's no point in adopting?! wtf. I think it's completely admirable.

Wen I was younger I thought I wanted lots of kids (like 4 or 5), but now I realize that while you can certainly love many children equally you simply have less time and energy to give each one. My parents had 5 kids and they tried hard to be there for all of us, but still with 5 they just couldn't be at all our soccer games, swim meets, band concerts ect. At the time it was hard watching the other kids who's parents were always there. I also had a lot less one on one time with my parents... lots of family quality time, but little one on one.

I want more for my kids. I'm afraid even 3 is going to be a lot to juggle. That's why we originally said just 2. I also want to travel with my family, but 5 is a pain in the ass for flights, hotels, cruise cabins ect. It's going to be expensive for us to go anywhere

Oh and I was having a conversation on the weekend with some friends talking about if we were our mom's or dad's favourites and my close friend popped in saying she is definitely both of their favourites because she's an only child. She has nothing but good things to say about being an only child.

Not sure Melissa! In another time/place I would have been deeply offended with what she was saying, but I was able to look at the source and be like "yep, your opinion doesn't matter at all." :rofl:

I can see that for sure Amanda! I imagine that would have been hard to share your parents like that. I know it was hard for my Mom when we were younger because my Dad worked away from home a lot so it was just us and her. She did try her best but if she missed something I always noticed as well. Understood, mind you, but noticed. :flower:

Way to shut her up Tiff. I can't believe the nerve of her.
We had talked about adoption when we first met and were starting to talk about it again when it looked like it wouldn't happen for us. I still wouldn't be against it now.

I'm not completely sold on 3 kids, right now I'm focusing on the 1.5 that I have/am working on. It would definitely be easier all around with just 2 but we'll see. I might get baby fever again lol

I hope everyone is enjoying as beautiful a day as I am <3

Not so much here. Its cool (but not cold. Does that even make sense? :haha:) but overcast. If the sun comes out though its gonna be hella humid.

Ugh, I hate it when it's humid :\ hopefully it just stays cool for you! See, this is why you need to move here. Beautiful blue sky and the nights are cold. That's how it should be lol

LOL! Tru dat! Also, gorgeous mountains as scenery. I live somewhat near the blue mountains... but by "mountain" they actually mean foothills.

I guess Blue Foothills just doesn't have the same appeal. :rofl:

Actually I don't even think they're foothills. Aren't those supposed to be at the bottom of a mountain range?

lol yah.. not mountain. We're surrounded by them here, we live in a big valley, it's gorgeous :D
https://www3.telus.net/hthate/IMAGES/Grand%20Forks%20City.jpg

Right now the mountains are still green (lots of grass, hasn't dried out yet lol), it's beautiful :D

That is beautiful! And yes Rach your weather sounds perfect....stop bragging :rofl:

I'm one of five kids too Amanda so I definitely know what you mean. Nathan and I have always said we wanted three or four kids... I'm leaning towards four but I do worry about being able to get that one-on-one time, especially when all of our kids will be close in age.. I think that makes it tougher.

I still remember ONE TIME when I was like 7 or 8 me and my mom went to see My Girl in the theatre and I remember feeling so special that it was just me and my mom.

lol sorry, I just love where I live so much :D

My mom took me to see Roger Rabbit once in the theatres.. there were only 2 of us kids but I remember feeling super special. I don't remember a lot of one on one time :\

:rofl: My mom took us to see Roger Rabbit and fell asleep halfway through the movie. In the theater. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have NO idea. :rofl:

I loved it! Although got scared at the end of it with the vat of acid (?) and that scary dude melting in it.

lol I don't remember getting freaked out but my memory sucks on a good day lol

my sister took us to see that movie :rofl: (my sisters are all significantly older than me and had kids of their own when I was a young kid :rofl:).

I remember my mom taking me to ONE movie with my niece.......ever. But we just didn't really have the money for that kind of stuff so generally it was when one of my sisters would include my brother and me

I don't remember if I saw that in the theatre or on good ol' VHS! :)
I think my earliest movie theatre memory was my dad taking me to see Disney's Sleeping Beauty when I was a very young 3.
But I also remember being about that age and watching Wizard of Oz on an old black and white TV (which was all my sweet hippie parents had until I was about 8 or 9) and then seeing it a few months later on a neighbour's colour TV. I think I experienced the same astonishment at technicolour that audiences in the 1930s did! :haha:
Oh and for more awesome retro movie memories: I watched a double feature of ET and The Incredible Shrinking Woman at a drive-in in the back of our gigantic family station wagon (complete with faux wood panelling on the sides, of course!). I think I was 5 or 6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->