Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Ugh I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. That freaks the crap out of me. I keep meaning to pick up tea tree oil for that very reason. :\

By the way Sarah. I think a book is a great outlet <3

I got lice from a cousin when I was younger and it sucked, actually a bunch of the cousins got it. Things you can't wash you can put in the dryer or leave in a garbage bag for a couple weeks. I hope you can get rid of them all soon, the thought of having it again or the girls getting it stresses me.

ugh lice my worst nightmare! :(

They had it at Hannah's school last year but we were lucky enough that she didn't get it!

Hi just found this thread and thought I'd check it out

Ftm from ontario. Baby kolby is now 7.5 weeks old

Sadly has a horrible cold atm so no sleep for mommy due to snot sucking :(

Hello and welcome! Most of the other ladies live in Ontario too. I'm from Nova Scotia, but leaving in Scotland at the moment.

Hi Medic :) I hope your LO feels better soon! My son got sick when he was 6 weeks old, it's scary when they have trouble breathing :(

Thankfully he's feeling a ton better. I have a friend ht works in a pharmacy behind the counter and she recommended and used a homeopathic stuff for colds called coryzalia Worked awesome. He's back to not having concrete snot in his head.
So happy the weather is getting nicer too. I've actually been able to get out for walks with him.

We are moving in a week or so into our farm that we bought while I was pregnant. Packing with a newborn sucks lol. Luckily my mom is staying in our current house until we build the inlaw suite for her so no rush to pack everything at once.

Definitely lookin forward to some privacy and our own space. She has lived with is in our house for over a year now

Is anyone here from around kawartha, muskoka, Haliburton areas?

I think I might be the closest to you, we're in Barrie. So not *too* far from Muskoka. :wave:

There's some girls near Kingston, we've also got Mississauga and I feel like I'm missing an area but drawing a blank. :haha:

I'm Tiff, Claire is 5. Nice to meet you! :flower:

Welcome to the group!

I'm Brandi, single Mom to Zoe, age 7, Isaiah age 5, Anberlin will be 3 on May 4, and Freckle's due in July.

I live in Brantford.

:hi: Medic and welcome! Congrats on your LO :)

I'm the one in Mississauga :lol:

So happy the weather is improving! It's so much better to be able to get out with the kids! It was a very long winter

Anyone have any tips in how to ease the pain of an 8 week old teething :(. So far the only thing that calms him is tempra and I really dot want to keep giving it to him. I'm not giving the full dose at all but I don't like the idea of havig to give him stuff all the time. I posted in baby club full story but dr seems to think teething as well. Poor guy. Cold and stuffy and teething too = one tired cranky momma. Aparently 130am is an acceptable time for playtime and screaming lol.

Hope everyone is staying safe in these storms and the areas that are flooding. I hav my fingers crossed we don't flood this year

Make sure your hands are clean and when he seems to be uncomfortable, try massaging him gums with your finger, or freeze some wet washcloths and let him chew or suck on those. It should help ease the pain and swelling.

I wish the nice weather would stay, Vickie. Humidex today and tomorrow, wind chill on Tuesday with snow. Because only in Canada!

We have an amber teething necklace that seems to help my kiddos. (Both are/were terrible teethers!) I bought it online from Inspired by Finn (kinda hard to find elsewhere). I don't leave it on Rhys while sleeping--just not comfortable doing that myself but he has it on otherwise throughout the day :) He's had his since birth! I wish we'd found about them sooner for Hannah as she was truly a terrible teether :nope:

I second the amber teething thing. We had an anklet rather than a necklace that he wore all day and night. It was either or a miracle or he was a good teether. I didn't dare take it off to find out!

Welcome Medic and congratulations!
I'm Lisa, mom to two girls 3 and 7.5 months. We're from NB.

I'll definitely look at the amber stuff. Thanks. I've been using the cold cloth today. He will chew it for a bit so hoping it helps. Poor kid. Between this and a cold I feel horrible for him

I'm a big fan of the frozen cloths. Remy has recently started teething as well so I've stuck a bunch in the freezer for when he's hurting.
I also pulled out the Advil yesterday because he was having such a rough time.

Btw, I am Rachel, I have a 4 year old (Amira) and 14 week old (Remy) and we live in BC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->