Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Went x-c skiing today and had a spectacular wipeout in the soft snow on the really steep olympic track in Canmore. Landed really hard on my surgically reconstructed knee and even though I'm walking and bending it and didn't hear any nasty popping sounds or anything like that, this is way too painful to be just a bruise. :dohh:
F*******ck! Praying to the gods of badly-designed joints that I didn't just do anything serious. Argh. :(
Just what I (hahahaha! Sorry, can't help myself!) (k)needed? :haha:

Otherwise, life is okay. I am not working a whole lot, but have officially launched my little business and am busy working on web page, blog, etc.
Also, am kind of sort of writing a science fiction novel - which is apparently how I process grief. :shrug: My brother dies and I gave it about four weeks before I dove into a huge, creative undertaking, it would seem. I have no idea if any of it is going to be readable, but at the moment, it's a welcome escape from feeling really bloody sad. It's not at all about him, but I had this crazy surge of creative energy that just sort of took hold of this idea I had been kicking around for ages and 200+ pages later, I'm still working on it.
In other news, Simon got into this great science alternative program in our school system, so I'm really stoked for his upcoming K year and beyond (the school is K-9). I have a beautiful new little niece as of January, and life is generally pretty good.
:hugs: and :kiss: to all!

Wow great update Sarah! (Aside from the knee :( Hope it's nothing serious)
I bet your novel turns out great, you have a knack for writing....just judging from your posts on here :lol:

I love Sci-fi type stuff and so does Stan so if you ever need some proof-readers let me know :) I'm glad you've found a creative outlet :hugs:

That's awesome that Simon got into the school!

Sorry about your knee :hugs:

It's so good to hear from you Sarah <3 I miss having you about

Aw cheers, Vickie! :hugs:
I'm spending every waking moment writing this stupid book, so I haven't been on a lot. I miss you guys, too!
The knee is luckily just a big, bad ugly bruise. Phewf. I have to admit that I was quite concerned for a little while there. It was really stiff and I was kind of freaking out. I've done knee surgery. It hurt considerably more than childbirth and recovery takes longer, too! :)
We've got a delightful morning of pre-K vaccinations for Simon, then chores galore! However, it is SO beautiful out right now I don't mind one bit. This time last week, it was crazy crazy :cold: Today it was in the low teens. :yipee:
Hope everyone else is enjoying a little tease of spring.

Lol, no Sarah. Yesterday was 10C and today the low was about -16 (now -28) and we had a massive snowstorm that dumped about 25cm of snow. This pic is from my porch and 3 hours into the storm (started around 6am and finally ended around 6pm)

Attachments

• 10003211_288365857986134_346936459_n.jpg
    10003211_288365857986134_346936459_n.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
A sci-fi novel! Wow how fascinating! I'm glad you've found a good outlet for your grief too.

I hope your knee is feeling better. That sounds terribly scary!

Way to go Simon for getting into the special program at school. Sounds fantastic!

we had two days of spring :haha:

Tomorrow is supposed to be relatively nice, maybe we'll melt some of this snow that we got yesterday :dohh:

My kids are sick and they are tired of being stuck inside because of the weather and illnesses. Cannot wait for warmer weather!

Does anyone else use Bell as their mobility service provider? I have a conspiracy theory. I got a bill from them today with a 60 cent charge for "pay-per-use" text messages on top of my monthly charge of $70. Most people would just brush it off because it's only 60 cents. Not me haha... I chatted with a Bell agent and just as I thought it's a completely bogus charge because I have unlimited text. So they reversed that for me. But it got me to thinking - how easy would it be for them to just throw charges on people's bills in the hopes they don't look too closely? I use pre-authorized billing as well so I wonder if they just add a little something extra when they feel like it.
Same thing happened to me a couple months ago....said I had a $3.20 charge for data but I wasn't over my data usage? Complained and got it reversed. Very fishy. Check your bills!

Haha! Well, we've been in a deep freeze here in Alberta, so I am laughing with you not at you guys. And of course, there are always the April/May snowstorms that hit us here, so I am confident that you Ontarians will get the last laugh.
Knee is a rainbow of bruise, but otherwise totally fine. Thank f**k.
Melissa, I don't think that's conspiracy theory at all. You bet "mistakes" like that happen all the time. :grr:

I was with Bell in 2006. They called me one day and said my internet was running slowly on their end and they had a technician in my area that day and wanted to know if I wanted them to come into the house and fix it. I said no, and that I was satisfied with the speed of my internet. My next bill, there was a $99 charge for "in-home wiring". No one had come into my house that day, or even knocked on my door. I called them to find out what the charge was for and on THEIR records, they wrote that I had called asking for service, which was not true at all. They refused to reverse the charge, despite me asking to prove that I signed anything consenting to wiring, so I dumped them that day and went elsewhere. Never paid the bill and haven't heard from them since 2008.

we're with Rogers :roll: I was actually just complaining to Tiff on fb about how my internet disconnects ever effing time I answer t he upstairs phone :growlmad: We're supposed to have faster/better internet now but s o far I'm not seeing it :roll:

Glad your knee is only bruised Sarah! That's gotta be a relief :)

Rhys is upstairs napping, Hannah is out with Stan and I'm enjoying a few minutes of quiet. The day actually looks pretty decent out which is good! Supposed to cool down again though

:wave: Sarah! Nice to see you posting in here, we do miss you. :) And that's wonderful that you're writing a book. I'd buy it!

I had so many problems with Rogers cellular. I had unlimited Facebook/Myspace (this was back in the day) and they kept charging me for overages when literally all I used was Facebook. Every month I had to call them to get them to change it and after about 10 months of having to call back and get them to reverse charges on my bill I finally threw a hissy and wanted to buy out whatever I had left in my contract and go elsewhere.

They gave me unlimited data as a means to stay (this was before smartphones so the internet was incredibly hard to navigate on a cell) and they still charged me for overages.

When I went to buy out the 2nd time they gave me a lot more grief about it, I ended up dropping my plan to the bare minimum (I think it was a "seasonal" plan where you only pay $10 a month) and switched to Telus. I haven't had too many problems with Telus but you never know so I always watch my bill like a hawk.

Once my contract was finished with Rogers I disconnected the other cell.

I remember actually Telus tried to screw over my SIL, P had given her his old cell (in his name) he had upgraded and didn't want to buy out the contract but didn't want the phone to sit and collect dust plus SIL needed a phone at the time.

We got her first bill, she had $900 in overages. :shock: She went through the entire bill and managed to knock it down to about $400, but still... that's $500 in bogus charges. The cell plan was after 6pm (free) and there were calls where she made at 6:01pm and they still charged her for it.

Just goes to show you can't ever be too complacent. :nope:

Bell tried to charge me for equipment I returned and equipment I was still paying a rental fee for. I was so upset because I specifically asked the tech when they switched the modem if I needed something saying I returned it and she said it was standard for them to take it. They ended up clearing it all and don't have problems with my ongoing service but had a lot of trouble getting it hooked up when we moved.

Nice to see your update Sarah! I'm glad your knee is okay, hopefully the pain and bruising goes soon. That's great you found a creative outlet, hopefully it's something you choose to publish so we can all read it.

I am over winter here as well!

For some reason it wasn't telling me that someone was posting in here!

Hi again!
Public Service Announcement here:

WE HAVE LICE. Holy mother of everything UGHHHHH. Put teatree oil in your kids shampoo and put that hair in braids. This has been a complete nightmare. I am guessing Helena got it from school. Hacked my hair off after it took me over 3 hours to comb through Helenas hair the first night. Worst. Ever.

Oh no Wendy! That's one of my biggest fears!! Hope you can get rid of the little buggers!

It is so horrible.
Have to treat everyone. Comb every strand of hair. Wash EVERYTHING. Everything that can't be washed is outside in the garage.

Yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->