CarlyJade & Panda looking for bump buddies due end of Oct!

Panda I could say SNAP to all u just said! I've had countless people ask if I'm ok today, sayin I don't look well etc. i had a rubbish sleep, my eyes feel like lead and I got an ache behind them. I seem to have what I'm calling 'hunger sickness' I've noticed it a few times but today, while in the kitchen in work waitin for my dinner, I had my head in the bin!! Luckily I just wretched but my mouth was full of that warm spit u get before you r sick. That was half 11, I'm feelin it a bit now too :( I take back sayin I want sickness!! I definitely don't!!!

Panda & Carlyjade, I'm right there with you. I feel like garbage today! I feel when I'm hungry and sick after I eat! I have so much to do, but I just can't do any of it.

It sounds as if we are all having bad days. CarlyJade, Panda and Momm2 - hope you are all feeling better soon.
I'm fine physically but totally wrecked mentally today. Stressed out which I can tell as I've gone into autopilot mode, and just very irritable with OH (who seems to have lost his sensitivity gene today!). You can cut the atmosphere with a knife here at present. Roll on tomorrow and another day - who knows bump may have graduated from being a blueberry by then.

Hi ladies how are you all? Sorry I went a bit AWOL, I've been feeling like crap. The MS has kicked in. I'm not sick, just have that sucky feeling most of the day. And I'm really dizzy. Never had dizziness in pregnancy before. I also don't have an appetite for anything. Nothing appeals to me, even when I'm hungry. To top it all off, we've all got a cold, except for DS1, so I'm having to look after two sick toddlers while I'm feeling like crap myself. On the bright side, I've got my booking in date and scan date! Seeing midwife on 3rd April (day after my birthday!) and scan 12 th April. Seems so far away!

Morning girls. Pleased to say I'm feelin less sicky today, but i havent stopped eating yet! But the bad news is I still got this horrible ache behind my eyes! Cannot shift it at all... Should I be worried I think?

Chet, sorry to hear u r all poorly bad! Sendin massive sympathy to u becoz I kno i couldn't deal with having to fuss other people while I feel this rubbish. :hugs:

Manx - I had that last week. It gets better tho. OH is starting to feel a bit more sorry for me... I think his mum had a word! Lol. Hope he shapes up soon for u.

Yay me! I'm a blueberry :)

Woohoo for blueberries! :wohoo:

Why do stress and sickness seems to walk hand in hand with pregnancy? So not fair.
This morning I told my hubby to get my sons up and ready for school and he (jokingly) said, "ugh, you do it." I said, "How about this, I'll grow the baby and you get them ready for school." That worked. :haha:

Big day for us today - we are telling my parents tonight :wacko: I know I should be excited but I'm absolutely terrified. I have no idea what they are going to say. We've only been together a couple of years and we aren't married which is probably a big thing for their generation (they are both 80). We are then going to tell OH's parents tomorrow - less worried about that one. Wish me luck girls. Ps hope everyone is feeling a bit better today.

Ugh I'm having a horrible day. OH is no help whatsoever. Yesterday our little dog went in to be neutered and it's been an utter nightmare since. He's come home with a big cone on his head so he doesn't pick at his stitches but because he's a Corgi and has little legs he can't eat with it on. So it keeps having to be taken off, and he doesn't want it back on. On top of that he's really upset about it all and keeps crying. I booked two days off this week to take care of him and my partner has next week off because it's his birthday anyway. Well the dog came in and slept with us last night, I set him some pillows down on the floor but because I get up about 4 times in the night to wee these days it kept disturbing him and he'd cry for a bit. Well this morning at about 6:45 he woke and jumped on the bed so I tried to comfort him for a bit before we got up. He wouldn't settle and the alarm was set for 7 anyway so I got up with him. Fed him, gave him his medicine and finally managed to hold him and get the cone back on. Well OH gets up and first thing he says is "I think he'll be fine sleeping out here tonight". In other words he didn't like being woken up. Tough luck, the dog is sleeping in there tonight. Then 5 mins or so pass and he asks if I'll make him a sandwich. To be fair I said I would the night before. So I go to make it and upon opening the fridge find that someone (I wonder who...) has knocked over the beetroot and it's leaked everywhere. So I start to clean it and OH asks what's wrong, I explain and tell him to be careful because beetroot stains. He then proceeded to stand behind me sighing and tutting. I asked him why he appeared to be angry with me and he said "I'm not angry with you, the situation, I need to get to work". So I told him to make his own sandwich and go then. Well he went off into another room for 5 minutes, the amount of time it took for me to clean the mess and the same amount of time he could have made 5 sandwiches in. Then he leaves! The dog has cried non stop all morning. I've tried to ring around and see if I can get him a soft collar alternative but nowhere local seems to stock them.

The OH was going on about how he wasn't getting up early with the dog on "his week off", well I have news for him. He bloody well is. If he can't manage looking after a poorly dog how the bloody hell will we cope with a child. I wouldn't mind but it's the end of the world if he gets a sniffle, the poor dog has had it's bits lopped off. You think he'd have some sympathy.

:growlmad:

P.S Good luck Manx, I felt exactly the same telling our lot. It's much better now it's all out in the open though. Let us know how you get on.

Men!!!! And ur poor dog :( bless him... Sorry OH being so hard work Panda! I think all these first time fathers are going to have a massive rude awakening when babies are born! My OH included as my DS was 5 when we got togetha so already quite self sufficient and didn't require my undivided attention! When Thomas is further down the peakin order, he won't know what's hit him!

I'm feelin a bit better today. Headache has finally gone! Yay! Sickness is better but I am eatin constantly which I think is helping. OH has been quite a good boy this week, compared to last week anyways... I keep sending him little snippets of things I've read about being tired, headaches, sickness, hunger... Etc. so I think he's finally realising I'm not "milkin it" - made him watch one born every minute too. His face :rofl:

There's a story on the front page of our local paper today regarding an inquiry into a newborn becoming brain damaged after a bodged delivery in my local hospital. I didn't like it there the 1st time and I do not want to go back there!! I'm tempted to push for a home birth if I can't get in a midwife run hospital where they have time to see to u! It's made me all rather anxious :s

Big day for us today - we are telling my parents tonight :wacko: I know I should be excited but I'm absolutely terrified. I have no idea what they are going to say. We've only been together a couple of years and we aren't married which is probably a big thing for their generation (they are both 80). We are then going to tell OH's parents tomorrow - less worried about that one. Wish me luck girls. Ps hope everyone is feeling a bit better today.

I hope it goes well with your parents, I'd definitely expect the "When are you getting married?" question. :haha: I'm sure they'll be thrilled!

Ugh I'm having a horrible day. OH is no help whatsoever. Yesterday our little dog went in to be neutered and it's been an utter nightmare since. He's come home with a big cone on his head so he doesn't pick at his stitches but because he's a Corgi and has little legs he can't eat with it on. So it keeps having to be taken off, and he doesn't want it back on. On top of that he's really upset about it all and keeps crying. I booked two days off this week to take care of him and my partner has next week off because it's his birthday anyway. Well the dog came in and slept with us last night, I set him some pillows down on the floor but because I get up about 4 times in the night to wee these days it kept disturbing him and he'd cry for a bit. Well this morning at about 6:45 he woke and jumped on the bed so I tried to comfort him for a bit before we got up. He wouldn't settle and the alarm was set for 7 anyway so I got up with him. Fed him, gave him his medicine and finally managed to hold him and get the cone back on. Well OH gets up and first thing he says is "I think he'll be fine sleeping out here tonight". In other words he didn't like being woken up. Tough luck, the dog is sleeping in there tonight. Then 5 mins or so pass and he asks if I'll make him a sandwich. To be fair I said I would the night before. So I go to make it and upon opening the fridge find that someone (I wonder who...) has knocked over the beetroot and it's leaked everywhere. So I start to clean it and OH asks what's wrong, I explain and tell him to be careful because beetroot stains. He then proceeded to stand behind me sighing and tutting. I asked him why he appeared to be angry with me and he said "I'm not angry with you, the situation, I need to get to work". So I told him to make his own sandwich and go then. Well he went off into another room for 5 minutes, the amount of time it took for me to clean the mess and the same amount of time he could have made 5 sandwiches in. Then he leaves! The dog has cried non stop all morning. I've tried to ring around and see if I can get him a soft collar alternative but nowhere local seems to stock them.

The OH was going on about how he wasn't getting up early with the dog on "his week off", well I have news for him. He bloody well is. If he can't manage looking after a poorly dog how the bloody hell will we cope with a child. I wouldn't mind but it's the end of the world if he gets a sniffle, the poor dog has had it's bits lopped off. You think he'd have some sympathy.

:growlmad:

Honestly, he'll probably manage taking care of a baby the same way for awhile. At least that's how it's been in my experience.:blush: Men stay whiny little boys even after they are fathers. Just warning you so you won't be surprised. :haha:
Now that my boys are older and my hubby is older he is much better, but it took awhile, like 15 years. :haha:

Men!!!! And ur poor dog :( bless him... Sorry OH being so hard work Panda! I think all these first time fathers are going to have a massive rude awakening when babies are born! My OH included as my DS was 5 when we got togetha so already quite self sufficient and didn't require my undivided attention! When Thomas is further down the peakin order, he won't know what's hit him!

I'm feelin a bit better today. Headache has finally gone! Yay! Sickness is better but I am eatin constantly which I think is helping. OH has been quite a good boy this week, compared to last week anyways... I keep sending him little snippets of things I've read about being tired, headaches, sickness, hunger... Etc. so I think he's finally realising I'm not "milkin it" - made him watch one born every minute too. His face :rofl:

There's a story on the front page of our local paper today regarding an inquiry into a newborn becoming brain damaged after a bodged delivery in my local hospital. I didn't like it there the 1st time and I do not want to go back there!! I'm tempted to push for a home birth if I can't get in a midwife run hospital where they have time to see to u! It's made me all rather anxious :s

Yikes! Yes, that would make me nervous too! Do you have to go to that hospital or can you choose? Here I have about 4 different hospitals to pick from, I'm checking them all out so I can pick which one has the best birthing suite. :haha:

I'm not sure.... I know there's a midwife run maternity ward down the road in the next city which I'll try to get into, not sure if I can tho? Guess i'll know soon enough! OH has totally stamped all over me wanting a home birth. He carries on n he'll be the 1 in hospital!!! Really love the idea of doing it at home, but he had the cheek to say if anything happened he'd blame me. Men r so ignorant to what they don't understand... :evil:

I'm hoping for a home birth too Carly and OH isn't keen but tough, it's me giving birth not him. I'm only 7 minutes from hospital if anything goes wrong. I'm going to have a chat with the midwife about it at my appointment on the 20th.

I thought about a home birth, but honestly my time in the hospital is my vacation. :haha:
If I gave birth at home I wouldn't get a break from hubby and kids. :rofl:

Hi ladies, how are you all? Feeling really rough today. Been sick for the first time this morning, which I hated as I have a real phobia about vomiting. I have no energy and I just want to sleep all day. Seems like the days are really dragging :(

Feeling nauseous today, but I'm happy about it. My nausea has gone away since my ultrasound on Friday so that kind of scared me.

I hope you feel better. I don't like vomiting either, yuck.

Well we're back after the weekend where we planned to tell the parents, although it didn't quite go to plan as OH was ill, so I had to tell my parents on their own (really wanted OH there but it would have meant waiting another 4 weeks or telling them over the phone, neither of which I wanted to do).
So anyway I told them, and needless to say both were completely shocked. Oddly though since I told them they haven't mentioned it at all - guess they must be really shocked. Mum asked whether I was nauseous at the smell of coffee (as she was during her pregnancy), but that was it. Absolutely nothing else. Hoping as the weeks go on it'll start to sink in a little more with them.
It's the in-laws next but as OH and his parents aren't speaking at the moment it could be another few weeks yet. Why are these things never simple!

Chetnaz / Momm2 - sorry to hear you're feeling awful at present. I feel a bit of a fraud here as I've still no symptoms other than ever growing boobs.

Take care everyone, and look after those precious blueberrys and raspberrys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"