Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

I'm sorry to hear that VGibs :hugs: Maybe she was worried about upsetting them? I guess you'll never know, but could you tell them it was because of that anyway, to maybe help them feel better about her not saying goodbye?

That's such good news mommyd!!! :happydance: I'm sorry you're feeling so flat, but maybe you're right and it's just a reaction to all the intense emotions you've been bottlling up. I'm sure you'll feel much better in a day or two and hopefully less :sick: by the sound of it :)

Good luck Smiler!!!!

I had a US smiler. wasn't sure we were going to see anything - but the heartbeat was so strong that it was visible. I hate the transv ones - it's so invasive.

How have you been KitKatB?

Hey ladoes. Scan was fab!! I measure the right size for my dates and there was a nice clear heartbeat visible!!!! I am so relieved!!!!!

I know I've already said it on the other thread, but that's such great news Smiler :) Which type of scan did you end up having, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not too bad thanks mommyd. Got some very good news today - my healthcare plan have agreed to cover a private scan for me!! :happydance: The EPU would't do it without a GP referral, so I thought I'd have to wait until 12w, but this way I can get one whenever I want. I think I'll wait until I'm 8w, as then I know I'm past the point it went wrong last time. Otherwise I'll be panicking straight after the scan knowing me! I'm so happy :D

Still only very mild symptoms...

Are you feeling any brighter mommyd?

P.S. Smiler, what's going on with your signature???

I had an ultra sound. Not sure about my signature, was trying to put cautious club banner up but it wont let me

I am gonna delete my previous rant....mainly because I am worried I will be online stalked and someone will ruin my life again.

That's good that it was a US Smiler. I hope mine will be too. I couldn't book it today in the end, because DD was about - I'll do it tomorrow while she's at school. I've got my first mw appointment tomorrow too, but that's basically just filling out forms and talking about options for later on (tests, birth plan, etc).

Did you take the asterisks out of the link V put up Smiler? You need to delete them and make sure each tag still has an open and close square bracket around it (e.g. [/URL]).

V, that all sounds really hard to deal with. I'm not surprised you're feeling frustrated! I have NO patience with smokers at the best of times, but even less for those who smoke whilst pg, or around children or pg people. It must be awful for you that your OH has started again, plus it's not a good time to have something causing problems between you. I don't know about you, but my hormones are NOT helping me deal with things calmly! My OH is being wonderful in every way that he can, but what he can't help is his snoring - it's driving me CRAZY!!! I NEED sleep!! Do you think it would help if you looked through stuff about the effects of smoking during pregnancy online together, or got your doctor or midwife to talk to him?

Kit - Ya I have tried every way possible to make it known how dangerous smoking is. And I hope when he goes to sleep clinic that they will tell him that smoking is causing his sleep problems and he is forced to stop.

I hope so V.

OH has offered to sleep in the spare room so I can get some undisturbed sleep, bless him. Randomly though, rather than sleeping I seem to be eating - I'm STARVING! I've just eaten a huge bowl of raspberries and low fat yogurt and I'm still hungry. I'm sure it can't be a good idea to eat at half 11 at night when your insides are already in an uproar!

Thanks Kit managed to get cautious club banner on my signature now!!

Hi ladies how are we all feelong today.

My hormones are playing havoc with my eczema and the hunid weather here at the moment really is not helping.

I was on cloud 9 yesterday after ny scan and seeing baby's heartbeat. HOwever tomorrow would have been my due date for the baby I lost. I already love this baby inside me but I feel guilty becaus of the baby I should have been holdin gin my arms tomorrow.

My emotion are all over the shop. I just want to sit in a corner and cry!:(

Hi everyone,

no wonder you're feeling emotional Smiler. It's a milestone that everyone dreads. I'm glad that you at least got some reassurances about this pregnancy before you had to face it. I know that it doesn't necessarily help ease the feelings, but at least they're not added to. I know what you mean about the guilt. I'm telling myself that it must be just like when you have a new live baby if you already have children - loving one doesn't take away any love from the other. We're here if you need us, tomorrow in particular.

I've had quite a sicky, hurty boob day :) The midwife appointment was just all paperwork and stuff I already knew, as I thought it would be, but at least she was nice. It looks like despite my DD being breech I don't count as high risk, so unless anything else crops up during the pregnancy I can have midwife-led care and can give birth where I want (fingers crossed that I ever get that far).

I hope everyone else is ok xx

Thank you for your kind words Kit. I am just going to try and keep my mind off things. I an going to work til 3.30 thenm have agreed to take out one of the disabled children i used towork with so wont be home til about 6.30 which is good as hubby as got to work late tonight and wont be home til about 9.30. HE tried to get out of it bless him but no can do:(

Hi all,

I have a scan booked for next Tues :happydance: By then I'll be 8 weeks, so they're going to try an abdominal one first :) I'll be past my last mc time then too...it started today last time...

How is everyone today? I hope you're managing to keep busy Smiler :hugs:

Well ladies! I was in my work break room yesterday and some of the young girls asked me how far I was I said almost 9 weeks, and one of them said "My friend lost hers at 9 weeks" I was so annoyed! That is SO something I didnt want to hear! Then I tell my mom about the conversation and she goes "Well I lost mine at 10 weeks" GRRRRRRRRRRRR I just DONT want to hear those stories!!!!!! I just get used to feeling everything is fine and then hear these stories and get all freaked out again!

Hello from sunny, stinking hot Florida!

We're on vacation now so internet is a bit off and on. Getting on a cruise ship on Sunday and won't have any for a week....:growlmad:

Anyway, you guys all sound happy. Glad to hear about US's and positive thoughts.

My symptoms have been very, very weak for the past 2 days and I'm really worried. Boobs are still sore, though not as bad. The sickness has gone almost completely. It seems that it could go either way at this point, thats what all my frantic net searching has told me.

There's not much I can do. I could ring my DR, though he'll probably tell me not to worry. I could find an emergency room and try and have a scan, but truthfully that would be so difficult logistically and the thought of seeing nothing terrifies me. I've had a head cold type thing for the past 2 days so I'm hoping thats the reason I sort of feel less pregnant.

In the meantime, I'm going to have fun and try not to think about it all the time. I can't change anything anyway.

:hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been a bit MIA but I have had a weird ass week. My ex's mother died and it is really bothering me. I was very close with her and I am kind of not doing well with the loss. She was the one who kept a bond between my daughter and her dad, and now that she is gone I am worried my daughter will never see her dad again. And I am fighting with my OH a lot lately. He spends all of his spare time building his sisters house and he is smoking a lot more and its driving me insane. I wont even let him in my house now if he is smoking. So if he has a cigarette he has to sleep at his place and instead of just giving up the smoking he stays away instead. He thinks I am trying to rule his life....Im like "HELLO!!!!! I just watched my mother in law DIE of lung cancer!" Im at my wits end.

Hi guys,

I hope you're all feeling ok and good and symptomy? Have yours come back Smudge? Mine come and go in intensity still, so I'm sure yours will return in full flow soon. I researched it lots too and I really think it's fine in the majority of cases. I hope it's not spoiling your holiday and you're managing to relax a bit.

V - I'm sorry you're going through all this and the troubles with your OH are still going on as well :( I hope you've got people around you to talk to? We're all here though if you need to vent or get support. You know I'm with you on the smoking issue and I think it's great you're staying strong about it :hugs: Try to stay as calm and positive as you can.

I'm counting down the time to my scan now - it's at half 4 on Tues!!!! I've had a good symptom-full weekend - Yey!!!

MommyD - where are you, are you ok??

Hey guys!

Sorry for the silence. I've just been feeling real rotten since last week - blah. I"m 8 weeks 2 days today and i think i'm housing a vampire! It takes EVERYTHING from me. and then demands more - like this morning i had nearly 1/2 litre of water when i woke up and an hour later it felt like my body would come to a stand still if i didn't guzzle more fluids. It's insane - i eat and then throw up and then eat some more and don't forget my 1.5 litre Iced Tea (caffeine free). I celebrated my birthday on friday - tried to keep it low key - because i was so not in the zone for a party - as i normally am. thankfully the people who were there were my "need to know" lot - so they knew i was prego and kinda excused my lackluster behaviour. My need to know people: Parents, friends and a cousin i interact with on a weekly if not daily basis - so they would have been asking questions anyway - what with me not having a birthday drink and all... anyway - left work at 2 on friday - then headed home to prep the chicken and lamb for a BBQ. and make some Pasta and a greek salad. and some munchies. Needless to say the smell of the food sent me screaming into the night. hubby got me some D&G perfume and i'm too scared to wear it incase my little vampire hates the smell. I had to give away bottles and bottles of perfume after my prego's with my son simply because i couldn't stand the smell.

anyway - I've started taking the nausea meds - "take 2 the night before because it's aimed at prevention not cure. it may make you slightly drowsy" my @ss. i fell asleep on my laptop typing up a report and doing a risk assessment all 3 times i've taken the tablets. it knocks me out. and this is at work mind you!

i'm inclined to say my nausea seems to be tapering off a bit (touch wood). fatigue is still there in spades. my emotional state seems to be one of "whatever". And I'm growing - like seriously! like my size 6 pants i normally wear is too small. an 8 is comfy but i can feel not for long. anyway - enough of my mindless chatter.

Smudge - I'm sooooo JEALOUS of your holiday! how i wish for sunny days already - it's like winter is never coming to an end here. And a cruise! just relax and enjoy. everything is going to be fine. we have to believe the in positive in order for it to be triumphant.

V - I'm so sorry about all this stress you're going through. and yes - considering your recent spate of events - OH should be more sensitive to your feelings. But take it easy - remember the most important thing is you and your bubs.

KitKatB - a scan? YAY. am counting the days with you hun!! I'm so very pleased you managed to get one and at 8 weeks you should be able to see quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->