• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CD1 - first cycle TTC after loss

Jbaby90

Reaction score
This is my first cycle TTC after my 2nd loss in January. AF arrived today, I am so ready to TTC again! I am going to be using opk's and checking cervix position. Anyone around the same point in their cycle and wanna join me in waiting to O?? :flower:

I would like to join you! I keep trying to find ttc buddies but the threads aren't very active. A little about me... I had a d&c on Jan 28 following a blighted ovum. I got my first AF this Thursday, February 27. I am currently CD 8. Regular cycle is 25 days, but I have no idea what it will be after the mmc. We got pregnant on our first cycle TTC and BD just one time. I was temping though so I knew O was coming. So hoping that trend continues! Before the mmc I O'd on CD15... so gearing up to start BD soon. Already getting some watery cm and don't want to miss O!
:dust:

Yay a buddy :-D

I'm sorry about your loss :-( hopefully your cycles don't differ too much after your mc so you can get back to normal!
My cycles have been completely normal, mine are normally between 26 and 28 days and I got AF exactly 28 days after my d&c and today got my next one 27 days after my last one! I had a partial molar pregnancy so had to have weekly blood draws until the doc was happy for us to TTC again and today we got the go ahead!
Wow u were very lucky falling pregnant first month and only bd once!! Are you temping now or using opk's?

Yay a buddy!!

That's great that your cycles have gotten back on track so quickly. I was always afraid that was going to be a problem for me following the mc. Congrats on getting the go ahead to ttc!

I've read about molar pregnancies just on the forum, but I'm not sure I completely understand what they are. From what I've read they can sometimes be quite serious?

I'm temping and checking cm. It seemed to work for me last time so I'm sticking with it. Although I am not a fan of temping as think about it too much and the. Can't sleep :s

I just checked my cervix position and it felt high... Any idea what that means?

Yer it can be pretty bad because cancerous cells can grow in your uterus from the mole (pregnancy). Some people have to have chemo if their hcg doesn't completely go by itself! Luckily I didn't have to have that!

I don't really like temping either but I am using opk's for the first time so hopefully that helps! I check my cervix and cm also!
I think because yours is still high you aren't ovulating yet cos I'm pretty sure it's meant to be low, soft and open!?

I felt like it may have been like that yesterday... Didn't BD though as DH was too tired :(. He promised we would bd tonight instead. Cm is more creamy today than watery. Still nothing like the ewcm I had last time I o'd so I don't think I've missed anything yet.

Do you know what cd you usually o around? Are opks user friendly?

Molars sound scary! Glad you didn't have to go through that.

Anyways I have to go to work. So won't be on for like 8 hrs. Talk soon!

When did u bd before that?
Yer if you haven't had ewcm maybe it's still to come!?

I normally O around cd14 and I'm not really sure about opk's yet cos I only used them last month for the first time and I was a bit confused so we'll see how it goes this time :)

The last time we bd was CD 4. I thought I had stopped AF and I had been on pelvic rest before that so we were eager to be intimate. Guess I wasn't done AF yet though as it started up again afterwards for a day or so.

Bd tonight though! Yay! And dh seems on board for bd again on sat. I was just looking at my last time tracking cm and it looks like I had creamy cm on CD 8 then too so I think I'm still good.

How often are you planning on bd leading up to o? I was thinking every other day or every 3 days and trying on o day as well. What do you think?

You'll have to let me know about the opks. Where are you buying them from? They are so expensive in the store here.

How long is AF for you usually?

Yer you should definitely still have time then :-D

AF usually lasts 4 days. I think we will bd every day between cd12 and cd15 and whenever we feel like it before and after that :) hopefully anyway! Also depending on when I get a positive opk!
I bought the opk's off eBay - cost $10 for 40 opk's and 20 IC pregnancy tests!

Cool! Which brand did you buy for the cheapie hpts? Just curious as the store tests at expensive too. I won't test until after AF is due though as I am afraid of early losses and their disappointment.

Do you think I should bd more frequently? I'm not sure dh would be up for every day lol.

I bought them from the seller fertility2family - they are just generic cheap ones.
I always say I won't test til AF due but then get to like 9dpo and give in! :)
I think every 2 days would be fine during O window and definitely bd day of O if you know when it's happening!

How are things going with you?

Update on me. So cm has been totally weird this cycle being the first full one after my loss. Cm was watery on off for a few days but has totally gone creamy and maybe on the dry side. Normally it should be full on watery/ewcm by now. So confused! Temps are still low and it's still only cd 11 so I guess there is still time for things to gear up for o, but I'm worried things are too out of wack and that I may not even o this cycle :(. Maybe things are just delayed and I will have a longer cycle this time? Who knows. Don't even think it's worth bd at this point if my body isn't cooperating. So frustrating! What were your cycles immediately after your losses?

Did you o the first cycle or did it take awhile for o to return? Thanks for your input!

I'm good, just waiting for AF to move along. It's pretty much gone.

Yer I don't think I O'd the first cycle after my mc because I always get ewcm and I never got any just a little watery and creamy so maybe your body is still getting back to normal!? Being cd11 though you still have time! Have you checked your cervix again?

It felt high again today. We bd today. Just checked cm before bed and it seemed more like ewcm but I can't tell if it's from bd or really there. I will check tomorrow am again and see.

Did things return to normal for your second cycle afterwards? This is stressing me out. I can't stand feeling out of control. Oh well, I guess there isn't anything to do but keep bd and wait and see. Might as well just enjoy the bd lol.

Yer maybe check cm tomorrow cos mine is sometimes like that after bd!
My second cycle was completely normal! I had ewcm and my cervix was low soft and open and I got a positive opk right on time!
Haha yer just enjoy the bding

So cm is about the same today. I guess there is a potential to still o without cm cooperating right? Maybe I should keep bd.. Won't know I won't o until temp never rises. It's so frustrating. Hopefully next cycle will be better. ...

Yer maybe? I have had months when I only got watery cm no ewcm but I guess I don't really know if I ovulated those months? Fingers crossed you do :) just keep bd every second day if you can just Incase haha

So bd last night. Temp spike this morning but I also woke up with a sore throat so may be getting sick :( Also didn't sleep well last night. So temp increase could be from all of that instead. Cd14 today though so it is around o time. Will have to wait and see what my temp does over the next few days. Hopefully it was o!

How are you doing? Noticing any changes in cm yet?

Hopefully it was o and not sickness!!

No signs yet, I'm gonna start opk's on Saturday so hopefully it goes quick cos this time is dragging!!

Are you gonna keep bding a few more times just Incase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->