Cd1 - Onward & Upward

How old is your doxie? Maybe he'll grow out of it? Ours is a golden retriever mix....60 lbs and fairly mellow. She had a rough start, so she has some quirks, but still totally lovable...Damn! I wish I had pics on this iPad!

He is 9 months old, but ever doxie I have been around seems to have that natural hound instinct to dig and bark. I have my heart set on a female French bulldog! There is a rescue group about 100 miles away that I keep stalking. That and Petfinder too. Lol.

BARK! Good grief, m,y Roxy is a barkalotamus! She'll be outside & bark at shadows, birds flying over. Or watching tv & she'll bark at the tv.........its crazy.

Not much into the digging though. She has eaten a few stuffed animals :wacko: But 99% of the time she just has her "chewy bones" & gets chewin on those :thumbup:

This is why I let Porky eat the furniture, carpet, magazines...he is QUIET when he does it. Otherwise, it is all bark, all day long! LOL.

But, I fell in love with his because of the way he smells, lol. It is something that doxies have; it reminds me of corn chips, lol. I call it "chippy":happydance:

We have a doxie live next door and it is louder on its own than my 4 combined :nope:

Does porkchop go on sprinting sprees? Roxy starts sprinting up & down the hallways or around the coffee table........lol

Don't doxie's have the cutest front legs? :haha:

Does porkchop go on sprinting sprees? Roxy starts sprinting up & down the hallways or around the coffee table........lol

Lola does that....What is that about?

Lola does that....What is that about?

I actually love Porky's chicken thighs, lol! Our lab also does the running thing, but add the lethal tail to it and nothing is safe!

I wish you gals could see the state of my new berber carpet! We are going to start looking for another house in August and I don't want any carpet in it.

Did I mention Porky ate the bottoms off of my kitchen cabinets? Lol. He does spend time in his crate, but the boy is quick! :wacko:

Oooooh porkchop is a bit of a bad boy! :haha:

DH doesn't really want another doxie. He wants a lab. I said we should get both.....lol

Oooooh porkchop is a bit of a bad boy! :haha:

DH doesn't really want another doxie. He wants a lab. I said we should get both.....lol

Oh Sweet Jesus, then you would be entering my personal circle of hell! Lol
:happydance:

Well at 12.30am I finally shouted obscenities out of my window due to barking doxie being joined by barking Cavalier King Charles Spaniel :nope: I don't blame the dog I blame the owners for being ignorant and leave their poor dogs in the garden 24/7 :nope:

But with regards to dogs running round like loons my youngest one does that and he is 40kg of greyhound/german shepherd/great dane mix and stands 28 inches at the shoulder :wacko:

Well at 12.30am I finally shouted obscenities out of my window due to barking doxie being joined by barking Cavalier King Charles Spaniel :nope: I don't blame the dog I blame the owners for being ignorant and leave their poor dogs in the garden 24/7 :nope:

But with regards to dogs running round like loons my youngest one does that and he is 40kg of greyhound/german shepherd/great dane mix and stands 28 inches at the shoulder :wacko:

I feel awful when Porky starts barking; you can hear him across the street sometimes, even when he is in the house!:hugs:

See I don't mind usually hearing a dog bark in the day as all dogs bark and the hound breeds are more prone to it.

But the neighbour doesn't want his dogs; they belong to his ex-wife and the poor dogs :nope: I've said rehome them as he leaves them in the garden day and night all weathers but the RSPCA won't do anything as the dogs have shelter; food & water :nope:

And this man is a father but from what I can see he has a similar attitude to his kids (now teenagers) as he does to the dogs :growlmad:

DH reckons I am going to drive my kids nuts by being so involved in their lives as I have to know what my dogs are up to every minute and I'm really fussy who looks after them and I feel guilty leaving them in kennels. What will I be like with a LO that I have carried for 9 months? :laugh2:

See I don't mind usually hearing a dog bark in the day as all dogs bark and the hound breeds are more prone to it.

But the neighbour doesn't want his dogs; they belong to his ex-wife and the poor dogs :nope: I've said rehome them as he leaves them in the garden day and night all weathers but the RSPCA won't do anything as the dogs have shelter; food & water :nope:

And this man is a father but from what I can see he has a similar attitude to his kids (now teenagers) as he does to the dogs :growlmad:

DH reckons I am going to drive my kids nuts by being so involved in their lives as I have to know what my dogs are up to every minute and I'm really fussy who looks after them and I feel guilty leaving them in kennels. What will I be like with a LO that I have carried for 9 months? :laugh2:

Don't feel badly; I will not travel anywhere my dogs cannot go- I don't kennel them. My DH thinks I am a little nuts as we are going to his parents house in the fall and it will be a two day drive because I insist on taking my puppies!:wacko:

Glad I'm not alone :)

Mine go into kennels for the odd night here and there but only if we need to be out for more than 4 hours and I took soooooo long to find a kennels I like. But DH & I want a big holiday of a month touring the US but I won't put the furbabies in kennels for that long so the holiday is on hold till all the furbabies pass on.

I did say if it was a human child I was happy to leave it with the grandparents for a month no issues :rofl:

Glad I'm not alone :)

Mine go into kennels for the odd night here and there but only if we need to be out for more than 4 hours and I took soooooo long to find a kennels I like. But DH & I want a big holiday of a month touring the US but I won't put the furbabies in kennels for that long so the holiday is on hold till all the furbabies pass on.

I did say if it was a human child I was happy to leave it with the grandparents for a month no issues :rofl:

:thumbup: You will be begging the grandparents to take the kid! Lol

We are lucky in that we live near the beach...we have a list of friends and family members that are willing to house/pet sit when we go away....Mine have never been in a kennel...They would be miserable and I would be miserable knowing that they are miserable...

We are lucky in that we live near the beach...we have a list of friends and family members that are willing to house/pet sit when we go away....Mine have never been in a kennel...They would be miserable and I would be miserable knowing that they are miserable...

That sounds just about perfect!

But the neighbour doesn't want his dogs; they belong to his ex-wife and the poor dogs :nope: I've said rehome them as he leaves them in the garden day and night all weathers:

Years ago, my friend had a neighbor like that and we knocked on his door and offered to take his dog off his hands and find him a home...He actually agreed! We posted him on Craigslist and found a great home in 3 days...

At least your neighbor's dogs have each other...This poor dog was left ALONE 24/7...:(

I do chuck treats over for them and am actually managing to clicker train them to be quiet this way :)

I have offered to take them and find them good homes but he refuses :shrug: Unfortunately in my area there are a few dogs left out all day and some days we can have quite a good tune with all the dogs chatting :)

I do chuck treats over for them and am actually managing to clicker train them to be quiet this way :)

I have offered to take them and find them good homes but he refuses :shrug: Unfortunately in my area there are a few dogs left out all day and some days we can have quite a good tune with all the dogs chatting :)

That wouldn't fly in our hood...if someone complains...they might be fined after a warning...

Our next door neighbors have 2 bichon frises....They like to yap a bit...Lola has been trained not to bark back, but she still tries to rile them up through the fence...She stops only after they have been reprimanded and always seems quite pleased with herself afterward....

A number of us have reported the owners but unfortunately they don't bark loud enough or at the right times for one area of the council to get involved and the RSPCA do nothing till a dog is knocking on death's door :nope:

I have spoke to a few owners and they have been great about it and things are improving.

DH spoke to our neighbour today about his barking hooligans and he was very sorry and we have realised the issue. Apparently if he gets called out at night the dogs whine as they miss him :( so his son puts them in the garden and goes to his room in the loft and can't hear them :growlmad: So we'll see if the situation improves for the dogs!

I love Lola :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->