Chances of a successful sweep? *update* lost plug!!

kdmalk

Reaction score
Had my first check last week and was already 1cm (36+4, I think). She said nothing about effacement or anything.

Today she said I was almost a 3 and she gave me a sweep (I asked!). Holy ouch. We immediately went Christmas shopping so I walked around for a few hours afterward. Have had a number of BH and one feeling that I thought might be a real contraction. Definitely having some good pain and tightening on my sides when walking.

Feeling more pressure like he has dropped further and having lots of shooting pains in my cervix. I guess that means good things are happening. About to go bounce on my ball while I play some video games with DH. Lol

Has anyone else had a sweep at about 3cm? What happened? I know everyone is different, but my body seems to be making progress on its own already.... almost 2cms in a week! Am I just being overly optimistic that I might have a baby this weekend?? :shrug:

I had my 3rd yesterday. Still no baby😩. I think sweeps are used more so to ripen the cervix for it they need to induce you they can just break the waters. So less intervention 😃. I'm 2cm dialled, 1cm long & soft cervix is Central & membranes are bulging. Still no baby lol x

My understanding is that they're most successful if baby is about to come anyway x

I had a sweep three days before my baby was born. Midwife said I was only 1-2cm. When I arrived at the hospital in labour I was still only 2-3 cm but labour happened quickly and baby was born 4 hours later . Be prepared lol

Sounds like you are making good progress on your own. Keep bouncing on the ball lol xx

I had a sweep at 3 cms dilated (39+4) with my third baby. It didn't work, and I was induced a few days later. But, I had a sweep at 1 cm with my second baby, and I went into labor 24 hours later! So, it really could go either way! Good luck!!!

I had a sweep on 15th I was 4 days overdue no signs of baby coming, cervix was only 1cm and still very thick, my baby was born 4:56am on 16th! Within hours of the sweep I was in labour, good luck Hun xx

Had a fair amount of cramping overnight, but that's about all. Feeling less optimistic this morning. With my luck, the poor kid will probably be born on Christmas and get the curse of joint Christmas/Birthday presents. Lol

Know how you feel KD! Im due on 23rd and im getting increasingly anxious about a christmas birth too 😡

Had a fair amount of cramping overnight, but that's about all. Feeling less optimistic this morning. With my luck, the poor kid will probably be born on Christmas and get the curse of joint Christmas/Birthday presents. Lol

Sadly I think the curse of joint present's will happen anyway now. My bday is 13th Dec and I had the curse of the joint presents too. I'm just hoping for not Christmas day so at least the day is separate.

Did some walking which got the BH going again. Stopped when I sat down. Now bouncing on my ball and watching Christmas movies. Maybe I'll make some more progress.

Poor DH is getting so anxious. He is definitely ready to be a daddy. It's making me impatient too! Lol

This last few weeks feels like forever doesnt it!!x

Any sign hun? Nothing here.. Think he is going for a Xmas day too! 😩

Nope! Nothing yet! I've eaten a pound of pineapple in the last 3 days and I spent over 2 hours on my ball today. I give up. Guess he isn't ready yet!

I am getting a bit of cramping again the last hour or so, but I suspect it is nothing just like last night. Off to sleep now! Hope something gets going for you soon!

Started wiping some brown almost like CM. It's not thick and there isn't a lot, but if I keep wiping, it keeps showing up on the paper.

Is that maybe part of my plug? Or just some leftover blood from the sweep?

Could it mean progress?! Still cramping this morning.

It sounds like it's the start of your plug. Definitely a good sign!

You are giving me hope! Off to bounce on my ball! Then to clean more stuff! Lol

Definitely my plug. Just had a clear-out and now it is coming in gobs. So gross. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->