Changing Bag Q from the second tri...

redpoppy

Reaction score
Hi girls! :wave:

I'm currently looking to buy a changing bag (in the next four months!) and I was thinking to my self: hmmm, a few nappies, some nappy cream and some bottles and wipes. :blush: As you can probably tell I'm a first time mum and so needed to know how big a nappy bag really needs to be? Like what stuff do I need to keep in there? And can I use any bag with lots of pockets? Or are the compartments SOOOOO much easier? :shrug: I do actually love having bags with pockets to organise myself but what stuff for the baby do I need to keep in the bag?

Ooh! maybe a change of clothing! That's one more! :mrgreen:

I don't want to lug around a HUGE bag (as I KNOW I'll never empty it and it will get HEAVY) but at the same time I OBVIOUSLY don't want to get a bag that's too small.

Please help!

Thanks!
:hugs:

Here's what goes into my changing bag when I'm going out for the morning..

Nappies x4 - probably too many but I always like to have xtra in case.
Change of clothes
Muslin
bibs x2
Wipes (travel size packet)
Soother
Nappy cream
Travel Changing mat
Nappy bags
Cleansing hand gel
Baby's bottle (with water in) - (I have a pocket which keeps it warm for a while)
- If the feed is due more than an hour a way I take a fisher price flask with boiling water to warm up the water and this takes up a lot of room
Formula (in a little container)
Little toy
My stuff as don't take handbag aswell (Phone, purse, keys)

Pockets are good - I lose everything without having the compartments. I actually have 2 bags one if I'm going out on a long trip and one smaller one for quick trips.

I have a big Radley change bag for days out and I use the free one from Boots for short trips to clinic and stuff.

In my big one I have:
changing mat
muslin cloths
burp rag
mamascarf for bf
a toy
a little bag with 2 changes of clothes head to toe including bib
bag for putting dirty clothes in
nappies
nappy cream
nappy sacks
wipes
breast pads
tissues
hand sanitiser
diary
ipod
my inhaler
wallet
phone
babasling
cereal bar
drink

In the other I just take phone, wallet, nappy sacks, changing mat, nappies, wipes and a change of clothes and whatever I need that day such as health book.

Depends what kind of excursions you'll be doing!

Usually mine has a sleeper, onesie/extra outfit, 2 bibs, travel wipes, 3-4 diapers, travel size toiletries (diaper cream, Vaseline, and lotion), hand sanitizer, a receiving blanket, a couple of little toys, change pad, plastic bag (for messy clothes), wash cloth.. then bottles.

I really recommend getting one with lots of pockets!! And that opens wide enough for you to see your stuff easily! Don't go too big, because I have a large bag and sometimes have to dig through my stuff to find everything.. which is really annoying..

In my changing bag i keep -

6 nappies, Theo likes his wee-wee's :rofl:
Wipes
Nappy Sacks
Nappy Cream
Bibs
Bottles (if I'm going to be out a while)
Spare Clothes
Tetthing Ring/Soother
My belongings (purse/keys/phone)

Theo now has about 4 sets of spare clothes in mine and I'd say 20 nappies :dohh:
I never empty it, I should get a smaller one x

we have a jujube be all and its the perfect size.. i absolutly love it, especially all the little pockets inside, which mean you can find everything right away, and also the mummy section, as i too have sacked my handbags!

depends what i'm doing. If I'm just going to tesco for example i feed her before I go and just put a nappy and wipes in the car - just incase! If we're going out for a few hours then its the full kit... nappies, wipes, cream, milk + solids, hat, change of outfit (for poo explosions) a couple of toys, dummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->