Changing of birth location

jolyn

Mam to 2, 1 of each
Reaction score
Heya girls, just after some thoughts.

After having a very traumatic labour and emergency c-section wtih DS (very much due to a terrible midwife that was duty) I have decided that this birth is going to be different.

So I have been looking into hypnobirthing and almost finished a book on the Mongan method (it's very good and would recommend it to any PG woman) and now that I know more about it I am considering asking my midwife to alter my birth location to the local birthing centre instead of the hospital.

I really do feel by using the hypnobirthing technique and being in a more relaxed and personal environment I will be able to have a normal (hopefully natural) birth.

I'm not sure if they will do this now and the only thing putting me off is the fact that there is a 20 minute drive to the hospital if something goes wrong.

Has anyone on here experienced a VBAC/changed their birth location/used hypnobirthing? I really want to make an informed decision so any opinions u hav on the matter would be much appreciated.

I don't have any direct experience to offer, but I did want to wish you luck in getting what you want.

i havnt but i like the idea of hypnibirthing i hope you get the birth you want x

I haven't experienced either myself, but am very much into the idea of hypnobirthing. There are a few practitioners in my area who do it :)

Heya girls, just after some thoughts.

After having a very traumatic labour and emergency c-section wtih DS (very much due to a terrible midwife that was duty) I have decided that this birth is going to be different.

So I have been looking into hypnobirthing and almost finished a book on the Mongan method (it's very good and would recommend it to any PG woman) and now that I know more about it I am considering asking my midwife to alter my birth location to the local birthing centre instead of the hospital.

I really do feel by using the hypnobirthing technique and being in a more relaxed and personal environment I will be able to have a normal (hopefully natural) birth.

I'm not sure if they will do this now and the only thing putting me off is the fact that there is a 20 minute drive to the hospital if something goes wrong.

Has anyone on here experienced a VBAC/changed their birth location/used hypnobirthing? I really want to make an informed decision so any opinions u hav on the matter would be much appreciated.

I don't know much about Hypnobirthing either but I have chosen to deliver my baby in the nearest birthing centre instead of the hospital. The birthing centre is about 20 mins from me also, however, I'd much rather go there than the hospital. It's a lovely environment and I've only heard good things about it! I'm in Wales too - where abouts are you? x

I only have experience of changing birthing location.
Its very simple really, you tell your midwife were you want to go and she arranges it for you, you may get an appointmen to go to th birthing centre, though i not to sure about that because i just changed from hospital to another.

I really want to change my birth location too. I'm being a bit naughty at the moment and going to one hospital for scans/consultant appointments because it's only a 10min drive from where I work. However, I really don't want to give birth there; I'd much rather go to the local birthing centre or another hospital which is closer to where I live but much further from work (and so awkward to get to for scans during the week). So my plan is to get my 20 week scan done (next week) and see the consultant (ina fortnight) and then ask the midwife if I can change birthing location. I'd really like to try hypnobirthing too.

Thanks girls, I have antenatal next Wednesday so will be discussing it with the midwife there. Hopefully they'll agree.

I don't know much about Hypnobirthing either but I have chosen to deliver my baby in the nearest birthing centre instead of the hospital. The birthing centre is about 20 mins from me also, however, I'd much rather go there than the hospital. It's a lovely environment and I've only heard good things about it! I'm in Wales too - where abouts are you? x

I'm in Aberdare in the middle of Cardiff and Swansea - whereabouts r u?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->