Charting group!

Another tip: if you have an iPhone, fertility friend has an app that let's you record your temp (and other data), and it will automatically record the time as well. I've found this to be really helpful because I've been waking up at various times (because of my 8 month old).

I have an iPad. I use the app My Days, just for reference of my cycles. Tomorrow ill try not to be so anxious about it :blush: I thought maybe I could fall back asleep for the last half hour. Then 15mins later I heard the kids start waking up. On countdowntopregnancy it said best results are after 5hrs of sleep, but to try to get at least 3-4. I was so hung up on falling asleep, it kept me up :dohh:

Forgot to update yesterday. Finally got hubby to DTD 2 days ago :) after positve OPK. I believe I ovulated yesterday so am possibly 1DPO today, let the 2ww begin! Anyone else around the same time as me? (Did not see temp rise today though so maybe ovulating today). hhmm, will have to see what next few days of temps brings.

Forgot to update yesterday. Finally got hubby to DTD 2 days ago :) after positve OPK. I believe I ovulated yesterday so am possibly 1DPO today, let the 2ww begin! Anyone else around the same time as me? (Did not see temp rise today though so maybe ovulating today). hhmm, will have to see what next few days of temps brings.

Glad you were able to DTD. That sounds like great timing!

My chart is still a mess. Temp is still very low. I have been driving myself crazy Googling "ovulation with no temperature rise." Apparently it's possible, but very rare. If I did ovulate I would be around 8 DPO now. I think starting tomorrow or the next day I'll pee on HPTs AND OPKs, just to drive myself extra crazy.

@Leanne27: That's such good news! I know from what you were saying earlier this cycle, you weren't sure if you were going to even have a chance! FX that's all you needed!

On FF is there a way to edit your luteal phase? Mine is usually 15/16 days but they have it at 14.

Well... still no sign of O. HPT was unsurprisingly negative this morning. I think I'm headed for a looooong anovulatory cycle. Blah.

On FF is there a way to edit your luteal phase? Mine is usually 15/16 days but they have it at 14.

Somewhere in the settings you can tell it to ignore a particular cycle (not include it in calculations), if you had an anovulatory one or one with an unusually short LP for you.

Here's how:

At top menu "View" make sure it's set to "Chart"

On chart page, below your current chart, first boxes are "fertility analyzer" and "cycles history" - under "cycles history click on "cycle list"

On the new page, under "Your cycles" you can uncheck the box labeled "In Stats" under the thumbnail image of the charts you DON't want counted toward your averages.

Well... still no sign of O. HPT was unsurprisingly negative this morning. I think I'm headed for a looooong anovulatory cycle. Blah.

Your chart is a bit weird. What do your cycles usually look like? Is it normal for you to have long, unovulatory ones? Breastfeeding or anything?

Your chart is a bit weird. What do your cycles usually look like? Is it normal for you to have long, unovulatory ones? Breastfeeding or anything?

I had 30 day cycles before I got pregnant. I only charted once before and got pregnant on that cycle. It was a very clear .5 degree temperature shift the day after ovulation (CD 16). None of this crazy up and down nonsense.

I had 30 day cycles before I got pregnant. I only charted once before and got pregnant on that cycle. It was a very clear .5 degree temperature shift the day after ovulation (CD 16). None of this crazy up and down nonsense.

How long ago did you deliver?

How long ago did you deliver?

She is 8 1/2 months old.

Have you had normal, ovulatory cycles since you delivered? That's not terribly long, also are you exclusively breastfeeding (or even just frequently)? Because I understand that can cause a delay in return to hormone levels.

Have you had normal, ovulatory cycles since you delivered? That's not terribly long, also are you exclusively breastfeeding (or even just frequently)? Because I understand that can cause a delay in return to hormone levels.

I had one period, that started December 17. A couple weeks prior to that, I kept saying "I think I'm ovulating" because I had all of the classic signs (should have gone for it then, but my DH didn't believe me and we were distracted with work stuff). So this is the first real cycle that I've had. That's part of what is stressing me out so much - I don't want my new normal to be gearing up to ovulate and then NOT ovulating. That is going to drive me insane.

I am breastfeeding a lot, still. I am pumping at work once a day, and nursing all other times. She doesn't get any formula, but she has started solids. I'd say I'm nursing or pumping on average at least 6 times a day (three of those are night time feeds). My DD is also going through a growth spurt/teething, etc, and has been waking me up about 100 times a night. Literally, I get woken up at least once an hour on most nights. So I'm sure that's not helping, either with ovulation or temping.

Obviously, given these factors, my wonky cycle is not a surprise. But it's making me nuts. I'm totally obsessing about it. I think because I'm not getting the 2WW break where I know I've done everything I can for the cycle and it's just a waiting game, or the break at the beginning when you have your period/you're not fertile so you don't have to think about it.

I'm really going crazy. I need to R-E-L-A-X.

Glad you were able to DTD. That sounds like great timing!

My chart is still a mess. Temp is still very low. I have been driving myself crazy Googling "ovulation with no temperature rise." Apparently it's possible, but very rare. If I did ovulate I would be around 8 DPO now. I think starting tomorrow or the next day I'll pee on HPTs AND OPKs, just to drive myself extra crazy.

I know it's not very helpful but I have heard most women get one cycle with no ovulation every year or so. It might frustratingly be yours right now :( or again you might just be late ovulating.

xxx

I had one period, that started December 17. A couple weeks prior to that, I kept saying "I think I'm ovulating" because I had all of the classic signs (should have gone for it then, but my DH didn't believe me and we were distracted with work stuff). So this is the first real cycle that I've had. That's part of what is stressing me out so much - I don't want my new normal to be gearing up to ovulate and then NOT ovulating. That is going to drive me insane.

I am breastfeeding a lot, still. I am pumping at work once a day, and nursing all other times. She doesn't get any formula, but she has started solids. I'd say I'm nursing or pumping on average at least 6 times a day (three of those are night time feeds). My DD is also going through a growth spurt/teething, etc, and has been waking me up about 100 times a night. Literally, I get woken up at least once an hour on most nights. So I'm sure that's not helping, either with ovulation or temping.

Obviously, given these factors, my wonky cycle is not a surprise. But it's making me nuts. I'm totally obsessing about it. I think because I'm not getting the 2WW break where I know I've done everything I can for the cycle and it's just a waiting game, or the break at the beginning when you have your period/you're not fertile so you don't have to think about it.

I feel you on the need to R-E-L-A-X. My first week back at work has been a bust. I largely make my own schedule and between my father in law being at the hospital for the second time in three days (they finally admitted him), having some minor renovations done to my house, helping my husband sort out a problem at his job... and finding out part of a project I'm working on is delayed outside my control... I could use a few drinks. And at CD 5, I might be having them tonight!

If your cycles haven't regulated yet, at least you're being proactive enough to know for sure when they do! My best friend is trying for her second, now, but her first is 18-19 mos. and she's in a hurry to not space them too far apart. I'd say with a < 9 month old, you're pretty brave (or efficient) to jump right back in for #2! I hope things work themselves out for you soon!

I feel you on the need to R-E-L-A-X. My first week back at work has been a bust. I largely make my own schedule and between my father in law being at the hospital for the second time in three days (they finally admitted him), having some minor renovations done to my house, helping my husband sort out a problem at his job... and finding out part of a project I'm working on is delayed outside my control... I could use a few drinks. And at CD 5, I might be having them tonight!

If your cycles haven't regulated yet, at least you're being proactive enough to know for sure when they do! My best friend is trying for her second, now, but her first is 18-19 mos. and she's in a hurry to not space them too far apart. I'd say with a < 9 month old, you're pretty brave (or efficient) to jump right back in for #2! I hope things work themselves out for you soon!

Haha my first is a dream baby (except for the last couple weeks of night wakings). So agreeable, never cries, etc. She has lulled me into the fantasy world of two kids really close in age being do-able.

Sounds like like has been stressful for you. We did a renovation over the summer and it was a pain in the butt. Enjoy those drinks!

How is everyone today?

Anyone help me figure out why FF hasn't confirmed Ov yet? I imagine I ov'ed on CD17 and have had 3 highish temps since. Hmm confused

xx

I have discarded some temps where I had a fever and that seemed to help. The high temps due to fever were skewing my chart and I did not have enough low temps!

I have discarded some temps where I had a fever and that seemed to help. The high temps due to fever were skewing my chart and I did not have enough low temps!

Looks good now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"