cheap christmas gifts *tip thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
hey all i thought i would start a cheap christmas gift tips thread where we can all post special offers, sales and great money saving ideas???

i started my christmas shopping a few weeks ago as i am mega poor so thought if i spread it over the next few months will help me big time....

anyways already i got

• Sand/water table for james out argos for £4.99 (worth £19.99)
  • t-shirts out of asda 10+ all less than half price :D spent less than £7 on them

i am making t-shirts with my wee man's footprints on them for my grandmothers and my MIL saying "my grandson walks all over me" lol i thought be great but know they wont wear them so going to staple them to a canvas so they can hang them on the wall :D

also going to make treat cups buying value packs of mugs and getting tin of either quality street or celebrations and filling the cup up with them and wrapping them in cellowrap with red and green ribbon and a little poem attached :D

would love to hear everyone else's ideas

I got a hello kitty watch and a hello kitty charm bracelet on ebay - both less than £1 each! My boyfriend's niece will love them.

do you have a link? where they bought from china?

think the ones i got were from hong kong. There are loads - I just put hello kitty into the search and then changed the order of items to cheapest first.

ah right have you got the items yet? i am worried about buying like that cause they are either cheap and crappy or kill you on postage or get lost .

I recieved them really quickly (quicker than some things coming from this country!), when you search for cheapest item it includes p&p and as long as you don't spend over a certain amount (think it is about £16-18) then you don't get custom charges.

The items I got are good quality and I always pay via paypal so if they get lost in post I can make a claim via paypal.

ah right nice you got link to ones you bought? just so can buy from that seller if thier good.

I got perfume from https://www.directcosmetics.com/ last year, will be doing the same this year, it's very cheap!
x

nice thanks some stuff still looks pricey when got to get for many people lol

ah right nice you got link to ones you bought? just so can buy from that seller if thier good.

The seller I used for the charm bracelet was fanseverhot which cost me 84p

The seller I used for the watch was supereshop2008 which cost me £1

the tshirt idea is great! i might give that a go myself!

i havnt started yet but the one thing i know im definatly buying is for my mum its £150 so me and my sister are getting it between us and paying £75 each lol, hardly cheap! x

My best/top tip would be: wait till boxing day! the price cuts are insane!

i was super poor the christmas just gone as we had a very last min family holiday in December. so instead i made baileys fudge and shortbread for people. both were goooorgeous!! (if i do say so myself, and went down a storm.) you will find the recipes on the tinternet. i bought little polythane bags off ebay (10 for £2) so they looked like presents.

My friend did something similar for her friends (as she was equally poor) she goes to festivals, and at one someone told her to make sweetie vodka. - you basically smush up a load of your fave sweeties and add to vodka.... the vodka breaks the sweeties down and makes the vodka taste really nice. Werthers Original is a favorite and it is very nice. Good present for friends.

Asda do Iron-on crayons. £2 or something like that.
Kids draw pics/scribbles then you iron on a plain tee.
Abbie did that for Father's day for Hubby. Lol. Requires supervision as the crayons contain dye (obv!!)

This is a cool thread. Makes me miss home lol. Will be watching for cute Xmas ideas though ;)

Great thread idea....:thumbup:

Christmas this year is gonna be amazing, but expensive! My DS1 will be 18 on NYE & my LO is due 6th Dec!

I dont have any offers at the mo'....But will post if & when I do :winkwink:

great ideas girls and congrats on baby due in december thats great, we were due 1st oct but lost our LO so kinda sad as had sooo many plans for halloween and christmas but got my DS and he is 3this year so is starting to understand it a little which i am glad of. still loads to get for christmas i'm not a huge christmas person but i do try to make an effort every year, my auntie makes t-shirts and i am thinking of getting some made for DS and OH....

what you getting for OH???

i love the baily fudge idea and sweetie vodka lol... i don't drink so don't keep anything like that in the house, but might get my MIL to teach me how to make tablet again, and got loads more stuff to try out :D i got my glue gun at the ready to mess around with :D

meant to say that home bargins is doing a canvas and fabric paint so you can get hand/foot prints of your LO and give as presents its £2.99 and you get two canvases and the paint etc.

I am making jam out of all the free fruit about this time of year me and the kids went hedgerow raiding yesterday and got loads of blackberries, sloes, rosehips and some apples. i am going to put a jar of jam some fudge and gingerbread men in a little box as mini hampers for some of the people on my list which will save me loads of money. The only thing i had to pay for to make the jam is sugar as i saved up empty jars over the year.

Im so against even discussing xmas in august so iv held back so far...but its september now :lol:
Iv decided to go against traditional grain and start getting stuff when my money coems through this month so im all for these ideas :D
Thank you SO much for directcosmetics!!! Just gone and made a wishlist and it looks like its going to be saving me tons already - i have so many presents that are just the 'done thing' every year. Like i always get my mum a sunflower perfume gift set amongst other things so im saving a 10er on that!!
Thank yous, im watching this space and ill be back if i can think of anything myself :haha:
xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"