child benefit

dionne its the only way you will get out of your situation or dont pay your rent before anyone jumps to conclusions here :lol: we didnt stop paying it to get evicted we couldnt aford to pay it hence why we got evicted, anyway yeah present yourself as homeless but it could still take ages to get a house unless you do get an eviction nottice even at that you will prob only be entitle to a 2 bedroom council house because yor babies are so younge, they can share a room till they are 10 :shock: Im in a 2 bed masonette flat but i think its better for me because i have 2 girls and i dont want to move ever again :lol:

*runs away from this thread before they come back in their amrmour suites* :lol: :lol:

Depends what u say tho-just to let you know I worked for the council-the housing department, now I am an Antisocial Behaviour Officer :D

Its easy round here,the person I know got an upgrade purely on the basis of having another child and that was the same sex....

Quite tempted myself,might have more money a month then.......

weestar21 said:
dionne its the only way you will get out of your situation or dont pay your rent before anyone jumps to conclusions here :lol: we didnt stop paying it to get evicted we couldnt aford to pay it hence why we got evicted, anyway yeah present yourself as homeless but it could still take ages to get a house unless you do get an eviction nottice even at that you will prob only be entitle to a 2 bedroom council house because yor babies are so younge, they can share a room till they are 10 :shock: Im in a 2 bed masonette flat but i think its better for me because i have 2 girls and i dont want to move ever again :lol:

*runs away from this thread before they come back in their amrmour suites* :lol: :lol:

its not as old as 10 i think its about 7, but evn still i dont think thats fair on the kids!

beanie said:
No way should child benefit be tested. I use mine on Seren, buy her nappies, toys, clothes etc. Don't see why I should lose out on that just because I work.

Yep working parents get penalised enough as it is!

[\quote] working parents get penalised enough as it is![/quote]

dont i bloody well know it!!!!

i was told it used to be 8 but when we got the keys for this house we were told we would have to stay put untill Adele was 10 before we could even get considerd for a 3 bed, maybe because it was 2 girls i dunno, but im not moving anyway unless i get carried out in a black bag first :D

I admire you Yvanne,my sister got pregnant just to get a house had a little girl and has a lovely 2 bed council house that is like a pig-sty and complains she has no money whilst smoking fags all day,my mother buys EVERYTHING and when I have said c'mon what about getting a job in a coupl of years she laughs and says what and be a mug like you?

Good eh

I would love to go back to work....but i simply could afford to! in the school hols i would be paying £1000 in nursery fees alone :shock: i know you get help form tax credits but when i went to the job centre they did an estimate thingy of how much credits and stuff i would get if i worked.

they worked it out that if i did 40 hours a week on minimum wage i would be £10 a week better off than i am now :shock:

i think there should be alot more help for working parents

i didnt mean to upset anyone, but i just dont think millionaires ect should get CB when it could be given to other people who really need it

weestar21 said:
i was told it used to be 8 but when we got the keys for this house we were told we would have to stay put untill Adele was 10 before we could even get considerd for a 3 bed, maybe because it was 2 girls i dunno, but im not moving anyway unless i get carried out in a black bag first :D

ffs even still 2 girls 2 share at 10?? tmi!! but i started puberty at 8 and started my periods at 9!!! i enjoyed my privicy 4m then!!!

bexxie said:
I admire you Yvanne,my sister got pregnant just to get a house had a little girl and has a lovely 2 bed council house that is like a pig-sty and complains she has no money whilst smoking fags all day,my mother buys EVERYTHING and when I have said c'mon what about getting a job in a coupl of years she laughs and says what and be a mug like you?

Good eh

i keep my job 4 my sanity lol!!! i need adult time :rofl:

i agree with you in some ways that their should be alot more help for working parents to go towards childcare ect, thast the reason why i dont work now i have colby aswell as adele. Having only Adele OH's mum looked after her for a few hours till OH got home but now i have colby she refused to do it and it wasnt worth me going getting a PT job to pay it all on childcare, especially when Adele starts school in Aug. Maybe then i will get a PT job but its going to be the same when holidays ect unless i can get a lolly pop womans job but then im not sure if u have to be a certain age for that or not :?

My rant was simply because of this and i am gratefull for the child benefit i get i really am i just get so annoyed that me and OH have worked since able to, OH works away so i barely see him as it is I miss him and he works dam hard to support us, hes on a good wage however cost of living, Alfie of course me and his travel eat up a good percentage of what he earns each month. I completely agree that as a couple it was our decision to have Alfie and we support him and not a second do i regret that or wish to change it. But I know for a fact that if OH became redundent tomorrow we would actually be in a better position that we would have more time together, not that i would like that (well i would like more time) but the fact is we chose this so we get by, what annoys me is yes people who genuinely need it should get benefits but how do you explain this ... a friend of mine, she has a one year old shes single worked once in her life for three months hasnt worked a day since, has been given a house gets paid a crazy amount each week and her attitude is "why should i go back to work when i get xxx amount of pounds each week for doing nothing?" she is out on the town without fail every thursday friday and saturday night. Me and my partner work so hard for what we've got and are proud but it irritates me that some of the people who get help, do they really deserve it!

Yvanne said:
weestar21 said:

ffs even still 2 girls 2 share at 10?? tmi!! but i started puberty at 8 and started my periods at 9!!! i enjoyed my privicy 4m then!!!

i started mine at 10 :oops:

Alfiesmummy i totally agree that some people do take advantage of the benefits system. i really would love to go back to work, im looking for a job in a school so that i wouldnt have to work during school hols.

absoloutely i dont have anything against single mums who stay home with their children etc in fact i would love to stay at home with Alfie for as long as i can but when she doesnt even want to spend time with her daughter shes just basically an income for her it makes me angry

bcos of all these bloody wasters that scew the system i am living off pennies a month, i am being penalised 4 telling the truth!

Alfiesmummy said:
absoloutely i dont have anything against single mums who stay home with their children etc in fact i would love to stay at home with Alfie for as long as i can but when she doesnt even want to spend time with her daughter shes just basically an income for her it makes me angry

dont get me wrong. i would love to stay at home with my kids for as long as possible. but i would also love to be able to go out to work and support myself and my family. i dont wanna be on income support for the rest of my life. no offence to aanyone who is on IS by the way

Okay - my situation for those whwo don't now (oh, and my BFN oday has meant a bottel of red, so sorry for spelling mistakes and offending anyone.,

I'm not a teenager. I'm 36. I had a daughter at 23, married her shithead father at 24, divorces him at 27(ish - can't thin straght caue of the wine!), owned my own house, met anothe rb loke, thought he was the one, after 4 years put his name on the morgage, split up 10 m onths later, had to sell the house no other choice, rented prvate, met my now husband (who's now only 25), we both work, want kids but I'm the majpr wage earner, decide to sod it and have them now cause of my age, get pg, get evicted cause they don't wamnt a pg tennant. go cap in hand to council, get put in shitty damp 2 bed flat miles away from anyone(4 peorple and a dog), hate it, 12 mile round trip a day for kayleigh school, costing fortune in petrol, I'm havng to go back work before I ineed to because were so bloddy skint.

Now talk about this country helping people. My tax benfit is £93 a month. For 2 kids! :shock: Hate it hate it hate it. I 'm actually on the verge of losing it becua if bloody money. I need ot move bak to my friends and familty, but we're stuc here.

The gov need to so domething about the rising house prices. Alll people like me, Dionne, Weestar want are our own house. If house prices were realistic we could afoford them and not rely in the council or live off he state. They need to do something NOW!!! If there were doind somethng, this thread wounld not have turned into an argument. :cry:

i agree amanda hun!! i put in 4 a joint mortgage with darren(wen he lived here) and we got quoted 54000 tht wudnt even buy a bedsit!! let alone a 3 bedroomed which is wot we need :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->