Christmas cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearls18

Reaction score
Do you do them? I just don't see the point when they just say "to X, love X" as mine do lol, especially when I see most of the important people to me at Christmas anyway or get them presents, if people do lovely personalised ones that's great (more power to them lol) but are they necessary if you don't?? I didn't do them last year citing impending baby due at Christmas as my excuse but I'm thinking of chinning it off this year also, it's the one aspect of Christmas I don't enjoy, not particularly fussed about getting them either! Opinions?

As the years go by I send less - mostly to those I don't see - old uni friends and then I might put a photo in ............but I still like them and buy too many!!

I know this will sound horrible but I stopped a few years ago because I am too cheap. I am originally from the U.S. and at 1.28 per stamp I was spending 40 pounds on Christmas cards and getting only one or two in return. So now I only send to the people that bother to send them to us.

I still send out Christmas cards, in fact I have just written out my neighbours cards, we live in a cul de sac of mainly older people and they always give me one too. I buy special ones for my husband, kids, mum, brother, nan, nephew etc. I personally love Christmas cards.

tbh i dont bother too much now it seems like an extra expense and faf on! growing up my nan would spend hours writing them to everyone and their gran ... stuff that!

LO will send some around for his friends and i'll send ones to very close family but thats it.

i always buy the kids one and let them pick one for me

I absolutely love Christmas cards! I still love sitting there writing them all out. To be fair my parents live abroad and my grandparents live abroad so I do always send cards x

I do some. Less every year. At work we all donate what we'd spend on cards to the nspcc instead. I mostly send to family who live far away and a couple of neighbours who send to me as i dont want to seem rude.

I send them, but send them in bulk. Most of my family live a few hours away, so I send my nan an envelope with everyone's in, saves money as she sees them all regularly anyway x

I also love cards. I'll get special ones for the immediate family including my mum and dad. My mum lives in Canada and my family live four hours away so I don't see them usually on the day.

Just to mine and dhs grandparents, as everyone and their cat will have a go at me if I don't :roll:

I do special cards for immediate family and then normal cards for extended family and friends. I've always enjoyed writing out cards. I used to do them for my nain and my mum and dads family.
My OH and my dad aren't so fussed about cards and say we should keep them and bring them out every year instead of buying new lol. My mum would rather a card than a present. She always says the card is more important.

I always sent photo cards of my DD to family that I do not see often. I also send normal cards to friends/family.

This year I think I am just going to send photo cards to my great uncles/aunties, grandparents and that's it....the people that really appreciate the card. I may get DD to make some cards that she can hand deliver to my parents, sister etc but I am not going mad posting cards to every one I know like I normally do.

I used to send them to everybody, friends, family etc but now I send them to people I don't see as much if that makes sense? Or people I won't get to see over Christmas. Like family and friends that don't live near me or friends from my old work place who I still keep in touch with but won't see over Christmas.

I'm wondering the same thing. I haven't got hours spare to write personal messages on them all, so they are just standard 'to X, happy christmas, love from X'. Seems a bit pointless for immediate faamily and friends we see all the time, and not enough for people we don't. And there are people we only stay in touch with by sending Christmas cards, which seems a bit pointless really. I know some people who donate to charity instead of giving cards and am thinking that might be the way to go. They usually put a post on facebook telling people what they are doing so they aren't offended by not receiving a card.

I love christmas cards, I love sending them and receiving them xx

I don't enjoy writing them and sending them out, but I do like to do it for people we don't often see. The people that we see all the time I do it because its expected. And I always think as card says "I thought of you even if I haven't see you in a while"
I like seeing the cards go up and getting the boys to cut them up afterwards to make tags for the next year.
We have to write so many of them now (although the list I write is getting shorter, I always take a moment to think of who should have been on that list receiving a card ) the boys list is ever increasing.
3 of them at school writing cards to everyone in their class and their teachers and TAs. Plus group leaders/instructors, and friends from those groups.

I only buy them for family - parents, sisters, inlaws, aunties, uncles, nieces and nephews, grandparents.

Mine & OH's immediate family receive separate ones per person + extra from DD. Others get a single card for the family.

DD now has her own cards for nursery.

Think I'll send a few to my neighbours on the street as we're regularly talking and my Avon rep this year.

I even write a card to my grandma (whom I've never met) and my auntie who both have passed away. Some see it as a waste but it's a little keepsake for their partners and goes to show they won't be forgotten.

All of our family live out of state so we don't see them for Christmas. I send them cards, last year I did photo cards of the girls but it was really pricey, this year I'll most likely just get a box of standard cards and use those. I like to write them though and love to get them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"