Christmas crafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
Haven't seen much on here about christmas crafts, and thought I would see if I can start something. So, please share your plans for christmas related craft projects - gifts / other christmassy items you are planning to make, crafts to do with the children, things you have done in the past and loved.

Last year I taught myself to crochet (with a little help from youtube, books, and some very basic, vaguely remembered lessons from my mum as a child) and I made a garland of 24 little stockings, each with a number, to use as an advent calendar. I absolutely adored it, and can't wait to get it out again this year. My project for this year will be a wreath for the front door, still working on design ideas at the moment.

Non-crochet related, I bought a big piece of green felt last year which I planned to turn into one of those 'fuzzy felt' type christmas tree things for the kids, but I never got around to it, so will do it this year. Also plan to make sock snowmen with the kids, and collect and decorate pine cones.

What have you / will you do? X

Ooh sounds lovely!! Its fun seeing something finished when you've made it yourself.
Over the last year Ive been playing about with papercutting. I made OH a picture from lo for fathers day and some cards for different occasions. Im thinking of making some Christmas cards, and maybe some gifts for people if I have enough time. I made lo a name badge for his door yesterday.
https://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af345/Nicky_Stewart/Mobile%20Uploads/20141005_191934_zpsc0ae9ef0.jpg

I just got a new book this morning and it has a design for a wreath. Im gonna adapt it to make a Christmas wreath for indoors. Heres hoping lo continues to nap....its the only time I have to do it!!!

Will need to see if I find a pic but last year we used white paper plates to make snowmen. Buttons for the eyes etc.

Love this idea for a thread. Nothing better than crafting on a cold day.

I'm making a toddler friendly felt advent calendar that someone posted the idea for on here a little while ago. I've only had time to make 7 ornaments so far. I will try to post a picture tonight.

I have a million ideas but with working full time, taking care of a 2.5 year old and doing a uni course I don't have lots of time.

Oooh, I am going to make Christmas cards and fancy gift tags, but haven't started yet. I was supposed to have made a Christmas Patchwork quilt for snuggling under for Christmas movies this year - but I haven't started so that will have to be next years activity!

Bought some craft magazines, Molly Makes and Prima - so am going to have a look through. Made a button wreath last year, quite keen on making something for this year, but not sure what!

I started a bookpaper wreath last year but never got around to finishing it so I'll be doing that. I've recently got more into crocheting so I want to get some spangly yarn and crochet some snowflakes to hang from the ceiling. Everyone will be getting some sort of crocheted gift too :haha:
For gifts I'll be making hot process soap in some sort of almondy/cinnamon/cranberry scent with little crocheted washcloths to go with. I'm making me, OH and Lucas matching jammies for Christmas night too :blush:

Last year I made cute Xmas cards with ds for family. Most were handprint types made into Xmas trees etc. then he decorated with stick ons for baubles etc. some were Xmas scenes. He really enjoyed that.

I wanted to make some star salt dough shapes with ds and paint with silver glitter paint for tree decorations but we never quite got round to it - def this year.

Got a few craft sets from tesco cheap last January which will be good to do.

Also going to make hot choc cones and tree shape shortbread biscuits as home made gifts for a few rellies. Not really crafts though!

i want to attempt to make a glittered champagne bottle and glass from my mam. this could go well. or horribly wrong ... it's the thought right hahahaha!
also want to make some jam jar candle holders

These are the advent ornaments I have made so far..only 16 more and the tree to make..oh and 24 paper boxes.

https://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r625/samuelsmummy/IMG_3895.jpg

There's a few things I've pulled from the net that I'd like to try look easy and super cool. I've got a stash of pine cones to that I'd like glitter or spray
these are some of my favourites x

5CnDExdNHczGVB8CMAmnyv-JZvfDa5LeBe6nTolCB2ZURHMLBwW2pBUc8vq3FW5r-vIqxaU8g9YYHBiI0kjfalz_SMFkS38.jpeg

YtqFs25XAbOv3zvYMwBTKYPf1s9QX5PjnCzk1iLlKjgIZVUGWhdo4-3MKYw6_-6gmkv58hZMFJeQbVCjcfR9g1wrmMKH0Tbn.png

j1J3oTUgR-p7BpixP2fydtrl-fvBIAgA-oYUSCYhTlGJn3MJaQYT4zyQww388UrXMUkr6uXI9r7pYsEECz7zyixOjYd1bhJ.jpeg

fs-6mAiM9QA4NJLSdnic39m2e9Qoq5XjaC5Ty1FMF8ROcmnnIBB4-xNhVR8jpOi5keZc2IU-YXY2w92o38Nleyl-HPOXcJlq.jpg

These are the advent ornaments I have made so far..only 16 more and the tree to make..oh and 24 paper boxes.

https://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r625/samuelsmummy/IMG_3895.jpg

Aww they're really cute! Did you use the template? I keep meaning to start think mine will be for next year. X

yeah here is the website

https://www.imagineourlife.com/tag/christmas-tree-playset/

Thanks all, lovely to hear all your creative ideas, and especially to see pictures. Anyone else have piccies to share? Here is one of my advent garland. Think I will make my wreath in the same colours, with similar patterns, need to get my wreath form and some yarn :xmas12:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 42
Loving the felt ornaments! Particularly the little truck it's adorable :D

Here's some of the things I've made the past couple of years. I'm sure I've shared them before but here they are again :)

Wreath I half got through last year..
1441278_594051977310760_466091284_n.jpg

North Pole sign..
600287_438214709561155_1873143788_n.jpg

Scented jar candle..
995241_595700630479228_1723064788_n.jpg

Mini Christmas cakes..
3790_446428348739791_1198837698_n.jpg

Giant pudding soap..
551102_372068936175733_1037120669_n.jpg

I'm currently sewing a stocking for my eldest, its still got a very long way to go yet so I'm not sure if it will be ready for this Christmas but it will definitely be ready for next year! Then I have to make one for my youngest :)

https://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/Nikki_Giffard/IMG_1976_zpsdf691ea4.jpg

I wish I am more crafty but stuff comes out looking like my 3 yr old made it. I am a better bargain hunter lol

I am hoping to do our own personalised Christmas bunting.. I have wanted to do it for years and I'm hoping this year will be the year I finally have time!

Xx

I'm planning on making Christmas cards and a few gifts. I have made 2 scrabble pictures so far and have started a button letter. I might make done sort of advent Calender.... It's my daughters birthday on Halloween do plan to properly start crafting for Xmas after that :)

Great thread.

I know it's not really a craft but where would any of you ladies buy jam jars cheaply? I want to make spiced plum chutney as gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"