Christmas Crazies General spam thread

I love this board. I go Christmas crazy as soon as my DDs birthdays are out of the way in September.

Already written my lists several times, and I am supposed to be cutting down this year!

So is this the place for general Christmas ' not really worth a post on its own but I have to say it' stuff? If so I am currently watching the ' holiday armadillo' episode of friends. Love pheobes Christmas song at the start "please tell joey Christmas will be snowy"

Little conversation started here :xmas5:

Does it snow by Christmas where you live? If so, how much?

Also, do people decorate the outsides of their homes?

it snowed on Boxing Day last year but that was the first year in ages that it's snowed close to Christmas :cold:

Lots of people decorate the outside of their houses around where I live but we just decorate the inside :)

I've never decorated the outside before, but this year we are in a nicer area which more decoration friendly outside so it may be a possibility this year or next to start.

We get snow but not usually that close to Xmas, it's normally like November or in the new year.
We don't decorate the outside of our house but plenty people do round where we live, one of the things my Ds1 looks forward to is getting wrapped up warm and going for a long walk in the evenings to look at all the lit up houses :)

It's rare for us to not have snow through Christmas. We usually have a nice blanket of it from a storm the week before or so... and usually we get some snow/flurries between the 24th and 26th :) Last year we had well over a foot on the ground before Christmas and I believe it was snowing on Christmas Eve.

We decorate some on the outside. If we had more money, we would have more lights outside, but it's very common for a lot of people do have lights and decorations outside :) We go all out inside though!

It does snow where we live just not often. I think It snowee briefly last year or the year before. The last proper snow was 2013 just before Thomas learned to walk.

People do decorate outside but it's mainly limited to lights on windows. There are some who go all out but you don't see it often.

We have our first snow in mid October (in fact it is forecast for tomorrow!!!) but by the end of November we have a good 50-60 cm which sticks around til late April/early May. Last year it was -30C on Christmas Eve and Day. Here the decorations are generally very traditional but the village looks beautiful since we have all the tourists :) x

It's very cold and misty here today, it actually looks and feels like October as opposed to the late summer we've been having.

Polar express on itv2!
Hot drinks, pyjamas and duvet snuggled up with my two little men!
Wish I had a xmassy candle to burn... That can go on next weekends shopping list I think! xx

Little conversation started here :xmas5:

Does it snow by Christmas where you live? If so, how much?

Also, do people decorate the outsides of their homes?

Hardleys ever snows here, i remember back in 2010 it snowed all through november and december and that's the most snow i have ever saw there was icicles hanging from my house for weeks! Usually we get a couple of snow days if that we got none last winter til February!

Here anything not well attached would get nicked :')
but some people do have window lights or those hanging icicles. In my aunty's street (much nicer area lol!) this one house used to have the big blow up santas and all the lights and for Halloween it would be all decorated too!
Wish people here did it like in america i'm always so jealous of all their lights!

Love reading about the different weather through Christmas :) It's -2 here this morning, so cold but no snow in our forecast as of yet...

Sucks to not be able to put decorations out in fear of them getting stolen though. ugh!

there used to be a guy who decked his house out
in the most amazing things for charity but people
kept stealing the collection so he stopped a few years
ago which is a shame, used to love going to see them

:nope:

That's horrible :nope: why on earth would someone do that? Ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->