Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Had my dating scan yesterday at 9w5d. HB was 174 <3

Attachments

• Peanut-2.jpg
    Peanut-2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
Aaah lovely scans ladies!
So nice to see...

I haven't had 1 yet, not even an early scan so i am getting so impatient now!
Still got a week and few days left to wait

Lovely scan dove &#10084;&#65039;

Buttercup me too, mine&#8217;s next week, not long for us to wait now yay :coffee:

Can't wait to see your scans, ladies! They'll be here before you know it :)

Jessica we are really excited especially now that we’ve announced on fb to all our family and friends. It seems so much more real.

Dove, awwwww :cloud9:

There’s so many scans coming up, too exciting!!

Can't believe us December ladies are either entering 2nd trimester or are a couple of weeks away! Its crazy.

Im looking forward to finding the gender... i never did with my second and it was amazing but this time i feel too impatient. Im really loving the girl clothes... im hoping for a little pink bundle this time (not that it really matters) xx

Phantom and Sushai, I'm totally guessing :pink: for your scans! <3

Dove- what a cute little bean! :cloud9:

AFM- I haven't heard back from my blood results yet. Wednesday will be 2 weeks. I do know my insurance doesn't cover the Harmony test (or at least not the gender portion), so I'm not sure how I will be told the results. Will someone call me if my results come back suspicious? Or will I have to wait until my 16 week appointment for the news to be hit? I'm so worried this go around. I know a lot of it has to do with me being "nearly" advanced maternal age, but then also because Baby was so hyper during my 12wk scan that I do not have any very clear pics to scrutinize. It also doesn't help that the sonographer had a hard time getting all of the measurements because he (or she) was so active.

And then there is the fact that I'm 14 weeks with my 4th baby and not showing at all, aside from bloat at night. My SIL, who is 12 weeks with just her second, looks five months pregnant already. :(

I know worrying is fruitless, but I cannot help it. I worry too much.

Okay, I'll stop now.

Bdb can you call them to chase up the results? I know it&#8217;s hard not to worry, I&#8217;m both worried and excited for my scan on Friday, I just want to hear that everything is ok

MrsDuck- That's a good idea. I'll call first thing in the morning. Hopefully they'll tell me they only phone out for results if they are concerning.

Sushai - it really is fun to announce! woo

Buttercup - I know! It's crazy we're all headed into second now (or very soon). I know in a few months we'll be complaining about back pain and being all too fat to get around easily :haha:

bdb - I second the calling part. My midwife told me it should take a week to get my results. I also didn't do the gender part, obviously for being team yellow, but I am also anxious for the results as I'll be 32 when this one is born. I'm sure you'll pop out soon enough! Hopefully feeling some movement soon as well? And you have your doppler to help put your mind at ease.

MrsDuck - I can't wait to hear about your scan as well!! So exciting!

AFM - I've been feeling lots of random kicks and pops inside, usually when I kind of lay on my stomach. My midwife told me the reason I always find the hb in that one spot is because it's the placenta I'm hearing, but when I hear the galloping thumps it is the heart chambers. I noticed both when I used my doppler today, but the lil one still likes to hang very low and the placenta seems to be up near the top, left side/corner.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend!

Morning Ladies!

I'm 12 weeks today! O_O I can't believe it! So exciting!!! Entering 2nd Trimester!!

What Lovely scans girls!

I'm not showing yet, kinda getting eager to though. I guess to prove that little one is there and doing well.
I have another appointment the 20th, and then the next one is 4 weeks after that being my 18wk scan. O_O

I am so happy we are all starting to settle into the 2nd trimester.

Happy as well for all the lovely scans. I know those that are waiting that it's so hard to wait..but it will be so worth it when you see baby!

Are anyone elses breasts (more importantly..nipples) driving them nuts? I'm 14 weeks Wednesday and yesterday they got so sore I could almost not handle it. Lol

Attaching a bump pic and my scan as I had not attached the scan last week :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_20180603_165218_1.jpg
    IMG_20180603_165218_1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 6
  • MVIMG_20180528_144010.jpg
    MVIMG_20180528_144010.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 8
Lovely scan pic hun :)

Nipples are so sore, the areola hasn't really changed (weirdly) but my actual nipples have gone like a sore red! My left one is more sensitive then my right one haha...

StarGazer - Woo, welcome to 2nd tri, yaay 12 weeks. Hopefully your tummy troubles are easing up a little bit. Since this is your first you're likely not going to show just yet, but hoping you pop out soon! I remember I didn't start showing until much into second tri with my first.

SS - yes, my nipples have been more sensitive lately, and it doesn't help when I bf my older nursling it feels like fire. What a cute bump pic and such a nice scan!

Buttercup - my right one is more sensitive and they do turn a bit red, too. I noticed they are starting to change color to darker though

AFM - Not much going on for me, except very vivid dreams and my allergies are driving me nuts. Grass is in bloom here for me which is a big reason for it, but pregnancy sure doesn't help. I have to carry a handkerchief everywhere lol.

SS- Such a cute little bump and baby! <3

Oh, I put in a call to my OB this morning and my nurse got back to me within 20 minutes. She told me my blood work from two weeks ago came back normal! (or maybe she said negative). Either way, I feel tons better! :cloud9:

Jessica- I think I've felt the baby on just a couple of occasions. I've been trying to lay down more and pay attention to see if I can feel the baby more often, but so far, nada. I do use my doppler once or twice a week but I have a HARD time finding him/her. I will be waiting for ten minutes and finally get three seconds of the gallop but then s/he moves away instantly and cannot be found. It's frustrating, and since I am naturally such an anxious person, I try not to allow myself any more time to find it.

Agreed about the boob issues. I bought a sports bra just so they would get to relax some. I'm usually fine as long as I don't take off the bra.
My areola haven't changed much either (my mom said it was one of her first signs) But my boobs are weird anyways. Hubby pointed out my veins are showing up more. I told him and my mom I'm "too close to the subject" to see what is going on. Even looking in the mirror they look a little more red but that's it.

Jess- I'm hoping I'll pop with in the next two weeks.
SS- What a cutie!

Ss lovely pics

Bdb that&#8217;s great news and glad they didn&#8217;t keep you waiting. I&#8217;m much the same as you with the doppler, it&#8217;s annoying me so I think I&#8217;m giving up with it.

Jessica I hope your allergies give you a break soon

Buttercup I think my boobs felt sore before I got 2 lines haha and have definitely got bigger

Ladies .... so who else doesn't want meat, or can't get enough of it???

I don't want meat, i could eat veggies all day long. Pasta for the win!!! I've also been trying to eat some fruit (not a big fruit person normally)
(Literally as i'm eating lunch -- chicken fetticini -- i'm only eating the noodles)

I know that I "don't wanna know" but I looked it up. And many people point to that not wanting meat means it's a girl...... But a few have to bust the trend and say they had a boy.

bdb - that's great! Happy you got some good news :) I was also stressed about my other blood work (like for iron and such) and my midwife never did give me my results until I saw her so I was worried my a1c would be high. I'm also a very anxious person, I worry about everything, so I can relate to that. Maybe you have an anterior placenta? I have a hard time finding the actual baby on doppler so I'm thinking it moves so much, because I only can find the placenta which is appearantly near the front in that one spot. Movement this early is so sporadic. And I only use the doppler every couple of days as well or I also get stressed out. :hugs: hang in there, soon I think we'll be complaining about a butt in our ribs or stomach lol.

StarGazer - yes, my veins also pop out everywhere, it's crazy. I can watch them pulsate with my hb as well. As for the meat thing, I haven't really been into chicken much and beef seems to be okay which is something I don't eat much of not pregnant. I still really enjoy seafoods, though. I really feel this is a boy, but since I'm team yellow, I can't say for sure for quite some time haha.

MrsDuck - thank you, I'm sure I'll be okay, it's a bit overcast here today so I'm not as bad.

Bdb -So happy for your good news!

Jessica- I hhearvyoubonnthe allergies. I'm allergic to Summer. Its definitely not fun!

So.. I came up with a solution for my sore nipples. Haha
We have "Warm Buddies" at home. I have a flat one. I took the heat pack out.. like a magic bag. I heated or and put it in my shirt. I do work from home so this is completely acceptable..Lol! It works!!!! It's amazing, instant relief :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->