Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Bdb what a lovely clear scan, beautiful and yay for being team pink

BDB - Congratulations on team pink and what a cute scan!!

Still another 4 weeks until my next scan, I’m chomping at the bit lol. Xx

Bdb84, what a gorgeous scan and congratulations on making team pink!! How exciting!!

Had my first antenatal appointment and it took an hour and a half! Just mainly asking questions and me answering them. I did get to ask if it’s ok that I haven’t gained any weight but actually lost weight, they aren’t concerned but are expecting me to gain weight in the coming weeks. I’ve been booked in for next Friday for another appointment with an obstetrician. It’s starting to feel more real now what with going to the hospital for appointments.

Sushai - I wish I had lost weight, I've already gained like 20 lbs. I always gain a lot in the first part of pregnancy, so it wasn't surprising but still. It's starting to feel pretty real now and that's good!

Lucy - I feel you on the waiting, I haven't even booked my 20w scan yet, but I know I will when I go back at the end of this month when I see my midwife. I can't wait to see the size change from my 8 week scan.

Good morning, ladies. Sorry I'm not as active on here this week. We have DSS for an extended summer visitation and DH got sent to work out of town for a week. Four kiddos (two of them being 'twins') on my own is a lot of chaos. :haha: I babysit my one year old niece at times and it's never as chaotic having four spaced in age as it is having two 3 year olds at the same time. Lol.

It's miserably hot down here and so letting them burn some energy outside involves a lot of creativity so they do not get overheated. We have been making good use of our pool but we can only swim so much before they are bored and wanting new activities. I just do not have much patience for sitting in steamy triple digit heat for an extended period of time.

Can it be October/November already?? We do not even have true autumn weather down here (our solid winters are most northern states' typical Falls), but I just need some break in the heat.

Sorry, I'm rambling. :blush:

bdb - ugh, I cannot even imagine the weather. Luckily it is cloudy and cool today, but it will be well over high 80s and maybe even 90s next week. I hope you can stay cool inside. Anything over 80 is too hot for me, lol, I'm spoiled by the cooler weather here.

It's almost summer vacation here but my oldest is done with his school work now and generally occupies the little ones if I need a break. They tend to do well by playing with different toys and hanging around me wherever I go. I've been crocheting my next blanket and they do enjoy watching me do that. I had some weird sleep last night and the dreams... I told my dh about the one I had yesterday and he laughed at it. I've already got some ideas for what I want to eat this weekend, but not for sure what I'm craving just yet. I hope everyone else is having a decent morning (afternoon) :)

Yesterday's weather was amazing. It was lower 70's and a nice breeze. It was supposed to storm, but only did for like 5 mins. Today it's muggy again and upper 70's :(
I wish it was like yesterday for quite some time longer... but sadly it's only the beginning of summer.

Had my monthly dr appointment today. She did a pap....I was unprepared for that. Oh well, at least it's done. She tried to find a hb, but couldn't. I'm not worried though. My uterus is tilted quite a bit, and I never get to hear it this early. That was about it, until next month...

bdb - ooh i don't envy you in the heat :( here in the UK when its hot it my get up to 25 (sorry not sure what that is Fahrenheit) but its prob cold for you amd i can barely stand it!!

Afm - finding myself really impatient with this pregnancy... with my 1st i was working full time, with my 2nd I had a 18month old toddler and this time im a SAHM with 2 kids at school...
I really want to shop even though id be silly to do so at 13 weeks and i just wanna know the gender now lol. Ive put my scan up to 4 sites to see what they say and ive had 11boy guesses and 11 girl guesses... typical!!! Haha!! Sickness is still lingering around and now ive somehow developed insomnia!! Im so tired

Hope you're all having a good week xx

Morning Ladies!

I'm getting a little impatient too. I hate that I won't even see the doc til next week. (I know it's not that far away, but it feels like forever!)
I'm so ready to know how little one is doing. And besides how crappy i've felt the past few weeks, I hope he/she is doing well.
Still not showing, and I think i'm loosing weight still. (Mostly cause my GERD is preventing me from keeping a whole lot)
And then I'm gonna be even MORE impatient for the next appt, cause it will be my next ultrasound in another 4 weeks.

I can't figure out the sweet point for my water though. Keeping it cold seems to be the best, but yesterday's water was out of the fridge longer than this one and was good tasting all day. This one has only been out for a few hours and tastes horrid already. Urgh. This is why i don't like drinking water! Seems like it's gonna be a ginger ale kinda day.

Sounds like we are all impatient this pregnancy haha
I can’t wait for all the 20 week scans so we can make some guesses

dove - ugh, paps suck, especially when you're not expecting it. Sorry you didn't get to hear the hb, hopefully next time!!

Buttercup - I can imagine, with all the different guesses and such it would be difficult. You'll be to that 20w ultrasound before you know it and hopefully find out then! Sorry about the insomnia :( I hope you can get some decent rest soon.

StarGazer - I hope you can get it right with the water, lol. I try to drink at least two liters a day, but generally would be best if I did a gallon. I hope you haven't lost too much weight, and that you can get something to help with your upset tummy.

afm it's going to be nice and cool and cloudy one more day here. I've been having loads of round ligament pains, especially when I laugh too hard or move too fast to get off a chair or even turning -.- . I listened to the hb for a few minutes yesterday and noticed it moving all about and I'm pretty sure I could hear kicks and jabs. I do feel them occasionally but not very often. I'm really wondering where the placenta is. I don't see my midwife again until the 28th. It's been two weeks since I had the Harmony test done, so I'm probably going to give her a call today and see if she's got my results yet. I'm still having super vivid dreams, not even baby related, but I feel like they're in the setting of a Stephen King book :haha: I guess I shouldn't read so much before I pass out at night. I hope everyone else is enjoying their week and coming into the weekend!

Good morning, ladies.

Another super hot day for us, but we will not see a reprieve from this heat in months. Yesterday we spent the entirety of the afternoon at the community pool which made the weather bearable. We are all a bit burnt, though, despite putting on sunblock every two hours.

I did notice that, in my swim suit, my bump is starting to become a little noticeable [to me]. No one else would be able to guess I am pregnant, but I'm finally starting to see it.

I have my 16 week prenatal appointment next week and I'm considering getting in for a another private scan :blush: I am feeling a bit more confident that I am truly Team Pink, but I could really use some more reassurance.

Buttercup- Have you posted your scan on the Ingender forum/website? Those ladies are highly skilled and have given me a ton of reassurance regarding my own questionable shots. It's the only place that hasn't once guessed boy :haha:

Wow Jessica I don’t think I even manage a litre of water most days, I’d definitely be in the toilet all night if I drank 2.

I'm barely managing these 16.9oz bottles.
I'm having to drink some right now cause breakfast decided it didn't like me.
I think i had the heater up too high, plus not feeling the best coming into work ......... I'm still feeling hot and cold and I already turned off the heater.

Buttercup- Have you posted your scan on the Ingender forum/website? Those ladies are highly skilled and have given me a ton of reassurance regarding my own questionable shots. It's the only place that hasn't once guessed boy :haha:

Hi bdb - i saw that you used ingender the other day so i thought id give it a go. I had 3 girl guesses,2 boys and 1 in the fence haha

I tried genderdreaming also and got 3 girl guesses only but on babyandbump they all said boy!

MrsDuck - It seems like forever to me too, only at 13 weeks 5 days..

Star - PAP gave me a bit of scare with the spotting, but I am all good now. Thanks for sharing. And I hear you, for me nausea is worse during the evening.. But I can't complain, it is tolerable now for me. I hope you feel better soon. I actually lost weight in my first trimester, but midwife wasn't that worried. She told me that it is okay if I gain enough in this one.
Speaking of dreams, I guess I can join you in the club. Today I dreamt I gave birth to baby boy, but they wouldn't let me see him, I guess stress from not having a scan before 20 weeks can explain this!

Buttercup - I guess every experience is different.. I am glad it went well, lovely scan!!

Jessi - Thanks for sharing. Maybe because this is my first too, or it varies on where it is being done, either way, it is difficult to wait.
I am glad you had an active weekend, sorry abt the allergies, hope you feel better now. I would love to see the pic of the blanket or the yarn for a start, what color is it?

Dove - Lol, I told my husband as well, also my parents and my in laws. We will do an announcement, I want to do it on our 7th anniversary, and I will have my 20 weeks scan by then.
My midwife was telling me not to be worried, if she couldn't find the hb on week 10. I hope everything is okay. When is your next appointment?

Sushai - Welcome to 2nd trimester. My mom was telling me it really varies, sometimes it takes a bit longer to ease down the symptoms. I hope it gets better for you soon. I lost weight in my first trimester too..

bdb84 - Great scan, beautiful baby girl!! Sorry abt the heat, the only way I am looking forward to Nov is because I will get so near to meet our baby. Not a fan of winter.. weather here, well, I woke up to a thunderstorm today..

Lucy - The wait certainly is difficult..

AFM, still having weird, vivid dreams. I think I felt our baby move yesterday, even though it is too early to feel and I am a first timer. But I swear it wasn't my bloated stomach..

Hope you all have a great rest of the day !!

bdb - I cannot even imagine all that heat, I really can't. I sunburn in about five minutes in the sun, I'm very fair skinned lol. My kids however run around in the back yard for hours and have nice little tans going. They look like coppertone babies with their white butts and tanned bodies :haha:. Aloe is amazing for sunburns at least. I really can't wait to find out what you're having, and if you're for sure team pink, so exciting. I can't wait to hear if you end up doing another scan just to see lol.

MrsDuck - I have trained myself to drink a lot of water, and since I'm also still breastfeeding my two youngers (even though my supply is practically gone now) I also exercise regularly which means I cannot afford to be dehydrated. After awhile your body gets used to the water and you don't pee as much. And a big bonus is I don't get much of any swelling in pregnancies because of it.

StarGazer - I really hope you can get some issues resolved there with your heat, hehe. So sorry you're still having upset tummy! I hope that you get some relief soon!!!

Lady - Vivid dreams are a real thing, I generally have fun and adventurous dreams but some of them lately have been just downright strange! My allergies are a little better, but pregnancy rhinitis doesn't help so I have a runny nose often enough to carry a handkerchief around with me. As for my blanket, I chose muted colors this time: a dark heather gray, a darker shade of medium blue, frosted gray looking light green, a beige/cream color, orange that's the color of carrots, plum, and a darker shade of magenta. I do several rows of each color and randomly change the pattern, but each chunk of colors I put a gray chunk in. I'll post a pic of it when I'm all done! It should take me about couple months to complete, maybe a bit less. If you think you felt movement it's very possible, and sooo exciting! Yaay

I think the effects of taking Vitamin D are helping, because I'm having a lot less anxiety and generally feeling a little less moody. I am craving a special lemon cream cake. Many years ago my husband would beg me to find a copycat recipe for the lemon cake that Olive Garden makes and so I found one and it is amazing, and even better than OG, the filling is more creamy than custard-like though. So this weekend I will be making lasagna and cake and breadsticks. I'm looking forward to all that cheese and tomato goodness :haha:. For now, I'm going to have a big salad with some baked salmon on top, seeds, nuts, spicy peppers, probably other goodies that my kids will pick off when I'm not watching. I still do get an upset tummy, but only in the evenings and not near as bad as first tri. And I remember it always gets really bad in the last few weeks for me, which apparently is super common. Oh the joys!

Wow it seems most of you ladies are smack bang in the middle of summer while I’m over here in the middle of winter. I’m really dreading summer as by the time it rolls around I’ll be the size of a house and all you lovely ladies will be enjoying the cooler weather while I melt lol.

I’m another feeling rather impatient. I booked in my anomaly scan yesterday and it’ll be on the 24th July which feels like ages away! I’m glad I’ve got these regular antenatal appointments to keep me going for now.

Jessica just imagining lasagna and a creamy cake has me drooling lol.

Sushai - it's funny you mention that because dh and I were talking about that last night, the different seasons and I was commenting how it is warm during Christmas for anyone in the southern hemisphere. Like I've always wondered how Christmas music works when you don't have snow and instead it is so blasted hot in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->