Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Jessica we’re up in sunny Queensland. Winter is like spring weather and you only really feel the cold at night/early morning. Our coldest morning so far has been around 3 degrees Celsius where I am at. But the days hover around 22-24 degrees. Today will be a sunny 23.
As for Christmas music, I put it on regardless of weather as it just puts me in the Christmassy mood. Same goes for all those Christmas movies, I put one on each day in the lead up. I think seeing the snow through the screen cools me a bit lol. As for food we have a turkey or roasted chickens and we can’t go without our prawns (shrimp is what everyone else calls them). Prawns sell out quick, it’s easier to preorder. Glad I won’t be pregnant at Christmas time so I can stuff myself on those precooked prawns, yum! Now I can’t wait for Christmas lol my mum and siblings will be coming up so that will take a load off my shoulders with all the preparation that goes into it, don’t know how I’d cope by myself with newborn twins.

Sushai - thank you for the info! Prawns are soooo good, I love seafood. We have Thanksgiving at the end of November and I'll be too fat to enjoy all those tasty foods so I imagine Christmas will be a big one instead this time around. At least you can have some of the spirit with music and movies. It generally isn't snowy around this part of the US, but rainy. I really can only imagine what it'll be like with twins! Eeee

Hey everyone :wave:! I haven't been able to post in awhile (last post didn't show up for some reason :shrug:). Anyway, 14w 3d here. Had my OB appointment yesterday and so far everything is going great :) Had an ultrasound to check a suspect spot on my ovary (which has shrunk, praise God), but also got good looks at baby :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: She checked the gender for us and we are 90% sure we are team blue :blue: :happydance: He was moving and kicking on the screen which was fun to watch :cloud9: I did order a sneak peek test (used the $20 father's day discount lol) so hopefully that will confirm for us that we are, indeed, team blue (and hopefully not from DH contamination :haha:).

Oh, and my anatomy scan is booked for July 12.

So glad to see everyone else is doing good :)

Oh, forgot to post ultrasound pic:blush::dohh: :) :cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• 35240540_10216202762157724_5824848386435579904_n.jpg
    35240540_10216202762157724_5824848386435579904_n.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5
Good Morning, ladies!

markswife - Ooh, such a nice scan pic! And congrats on team blue :) Can't wait to see how your sneak peak results come in.

I called my midwife for Harmony test results last night and they all came back low probability (1/10,000) so that's nice. 16 weeks today (woohoo) and definitely feeling it. Last night sleep was very strange and I woke up with a terrible sinus headache, so I'll be taking some Tylenol after I finish breakfast, hopefully nip it in the bud. I feel like I was grinding my teeth and sleeping funny all at the same time, so fingers crossed it goes away quickly. I hope everyone is having a nice Friday, and a nice weekend ahead!

Jessica- I can attest to the mild/warm winters with no snow during the holidays. They SUCK! I've lived with no snow for 33 years. But I still long, like a child, for a snowy holiday. Our winters are very hit or miss. We actually had a very nice one (for us) last year and I pray it's the same this year. It snowed down here last December and that was just the second time it has snowed (and stuck) in my area for as long as I can remember. You should have seen all the children around here. Pure, unadulterated joy.

But the winter before last we had an 80* Christmas which is just miserable. The Christmas music makes me nostalgic for something I've never even had. Lol.

I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow. I think the days are gone of waking up with a flat stomach still. I'm still not showing in my clothes, but it's definitely there when my shirt is off :lol:

Markswife such a gorgeous scan pic and yay for team blue :happydance:

Jessica yay for low odds, that’s a relief. So as you had the harmony test you could find out the gender now if you wanted?

I’m behind most of you but I definitely have a bump now, it’s getting harder to hide (as we haven’t told anyone) I’m sure nursery are taking bets if I am pregnant or just getting fat but no one has asked me yet haha
Oh and I had a good doppler find this morning, very clear and loud yay

I hope you all have a lovely weekend

Markswife, what a gorgeous scan! I hope your sneak peek results match up with your scan.

16 weeks today, sickness has subsided, wahoo, finally getting an appetite back and been doing lots of baking these last few days.

Sleep is getting more uncomfortable as the days go on, I’m usually a belly sleeper but it’s painful if I lie flat now, so it’s left side only with pregnancy pillow, not the greatest as I’m such a fidget sleeper but unable to roll over due to pelvic pain.

Treated myself to lots of new clothes to accommodate growing bump, I needed it and feel a whole lot better, rather than just feeling fat in ill fitting clothes!

Midwife apt next week, shall officially hear HB, even though I’ve listened in since 9 weeks lol.

bdb - I actually don't care for the snow, but we do get it here occasionally, as we're up in the mountains, but just a half hour drive down into the city they don't really get much at all. Last year there was snow on Christmas morning and there were lots of happy kids all around lol. We're actually on record for having another dry summer, and last year was bad with all the smoke and forest fires around here. I was lucky to have seen the eclipse through the smoky haze last summer, as well!

MrsDuck - yes, I was offered the gender part but we're team yellow again. And I hear you about the people wondering if I'm fat or preggers, :haha:.

Lucy - Glad to hear your appetite is coming back! I'm also a stomach sleeper and it's difficult for me to adjust each time, so I generally lie on my right side against pillows to prop me up but somehow I wake up in the middle of the night on my back. Glad you got some new clothes too! I had the same issue of having to wear clothes that looked big and frumpy on me or too small with my pooch hanging out, LOL.

Well, cake is in the oven, kitchen is getting cleaned, and I'm busy working on the blanket. Right now I'm taking a break to eat and stuff, but I am sooo happy it's Friday. I'm enjoying this cooler cloudy weather before it gets up into the 80s/90s next week (which I'll be parked in the house with all the curtains drawn and a/cs on blast).

Hello ladies, happy Monday :flower: hope you are all well

We told our families this weekend as it’s getting a bit hard to hide and I’m going to tell some friends today as I have to decline a wedding invitation for 2 days after my due date, I find it scary telling people

Good morning, ladies.

MrsDuck - It is a bit scary telling people, but I hope it went well telling your family.

Not much going on here. I did really enjoy my lasagna and cake this weekend, though. I've been having such vivid dreams lately and some of them I just don't enjoy. I hope everyone else is doing well :)

Hi ladies,

MrsDuck - lovely that you have started telling people :) we have told our friends and familes and couldnt believe how great the comments were - i thought we were going to get some eye rolls.

Jess - Mmmh cake! Vivid dreams are the worst sometimes and feel to real.

Afm, nausea is still lingering around! Starts everyday about 4pm and lasts all night! I should be entering the 2nd trimester offically on Thursday but cant see it going anytime soon...
I've gone nub theory obsessed!! Ive done so much research I feel like I should be an expert now haha

Hiya Ladies.

Glad to see many of you are feeling better.
Lovely scan there!!!

Weather's been upper 80's and 90's. Miserable for anyone honestly. Humidity never helps. I'm ready for the cooler weather.

Weekends seem to be my best days. I'm thinking since I don't have to be anywhere super early that I get to relax and take my time to move around. I usually get up decide if i'm hungry enough for something or if i can wait. Sit on the couch and play on my phone (while eating or waiting) ... Mosey around til i feel like taking a shower. Saturday i have work at 11, and Sunday it's whatever i feel like doing (plus chores). But come Sunday night ... tummy isn't happy....and i barely eat - it KNOWS i have to get up early the next day.

Today isn't going too well ... I'm feeling miserable and i can't warrant making the hour drive home to make sure I can even feel better there. I honestly don't know what to do. If I would be better off risking the hour drive and work remotely or sit here and attempt to get work done.

14 weeks today and honestly feels like the first trimester should have felt. Miserably ill, sleepy, and dont' wanna do anything but stare at the wall (not behind the toilet).

Oh no I thought everyone was starting to feel better now, I hope the 2nd tri is easier on you

Anyone else struggling to sleep? I just seem to wake up what seems like every hour

MS is still going strong here too :s

The heat started yesterday, and I'm already uncomfortable in it. 12+1 today. My tummy is huge, I don't know how much longer I can hide it, especially in the heat.:nope:

Sorry you are still struggling dove, to me my belly looks huge too, that’s the only reason we told anyone. I hope all goes well for you when you do tell everyone

Sorry to the ladies still struggling with MS, I really hope you guys get some relief soon. I still get it if I don't eat regularly or not enough, but it's definitely nothing like I think you still have :(.

MrsDuck - yes, the dreams and last night I had one of those nights where I was awake every hour or every other hour. I get up and pee and then I have to get a snack because my stomach is growling and uncomfortable.

StarGazer - it's getting warmer here, and I hear yah on the weekends. I am most occupied then and that's the best for me. I spend as much time as I can with dh, and we usually do house work and go out and do things, too. I hope now that you're officially in second tri I'm hoping your symptoms let up a bit, fingers are crossed.

dove - the heat really does suck while pregnant, I live under the a/c. This will be my third time being pregnant in the heat and I am not looking forward to the next few months. I hope you can stay cool!

Buttercup - it was really good cake, too! It was lemon cream cake, and I almost couldn't finish it because the cream filling is just so rich. I made it friday and the flavors really set up well when we ate it Saturday night. Mmm... I think I want a berry pie though, for this weekend haha.

Yum yum Jessica, sounds like you like cooking/baking, I wish I enjoyed it more.

I think I’m going to have another early night tonight, I could really do with a decent sleep, fingers crossed

MrsDuck - I do enjoy cooking! I hope you get some decent rest, I know how elusive it is during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->