• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Thanks MrsDuck. I'm really hoping they don't murder me with the needle.

Awe i'm getting jealous of those who get more scans! I doubt I'll have any more. I wanna see little bit one more time!

Baby sure is wiggling around quite a bit. They like to hang out on the right side still. I'm kinda glad, cause Baby is staying off my bladder! (Only when hubby hugs me do i end up having extra pressure...)

Sleep was better last night, but i haven't made up for the past days of not sleeping well. Hubby thought it was 9:30 and was exhausted at 8, and I wasn't going to complain about going to bed early. My mom suggested I take a nap during the day -- it would have to be in my car...and i'd have to have an alarm or some sort haha... I don't know i think it might end up being more of an issue than anything.

MrsDuck - yes, that's how my appetite has been as well lately, and it hasn't really improved. Sucks because I like to make dinner for my family and there's not much that appeals to me at this point. Last night was shredded chicken and black bean burritos lol. Can't wait to hear how your scan goes!! It's also going to rain here this weekend, but it is much needed.

afm sleep was interesting last night, but not the worst I've had. Dh finally got to feel baby move, not that we've tried much, because they always calm down when dh is nearby (I assume because my disposition changes).

OH I had a weird dream of being back at my old job. But yet it was after some new changes have been made. OMG I don't know why dreamt of that place. Even a manager from a different old job was there working.
But i think the thing that stands out more to me is that it was so dark. Like they didn't pay the power bill or something, with low lit lights on only and nightlights through out the store. Just seemed strange.
Minus the stress filled annoyances that the employees were dealing with, which i'm sure hasn't changed, just more ciaos of things not getting done, not being able to find or do things because they don't have man-power or care/will to do it.

Hehe, I also dream about places I used to work at, funny is I don't miss those places at all. Good that baby is wiggling around a lot, so is mine when I'm paying attention. My sleep last night was a bit better but not great yet. I tried eating something small before bed and that helped a bit.

Today I'm trying to clean the house up a bit, maybe nesting?? I'm tired of looking at little messes here and there so I'm going to organize toys a little bit, clean the kitchen and vacuum. Baby seems to be aware I'm sitting down and has started squiggling all about.

Today Baby seems to like my cervix ... Pretty low, and I got worried when I hadn't felt them move after I ate lunch. But I took a breather and they are moving around just slight none-jolting movements and poking me in private areas....

So.... Hubby is having to look for work again ... URGH! His current one is going out of business the end of this month. So he's gonna be working there this next week and then is out.
He said not to worry that he's got a plan and has already talked to a few people about finding something to do. Personally I'd rather him go work full time, but at this point i think he's more interested in being a samD.... but i'd really like him to find something full time eventually.
Being the "bread winner" doesn't come with enough perks, imo!
So if he gets this part time he's looking at (he knows the boss there-- really nice and an old family friend) He'll be doing F-Sun ...
And my thoughts will be Saturdays. I didn't want to quit my side job just yet, and will have to see if my mom can watch LO saturdays so we don't rely on his mom so much.
IDK ... so much going on in these next few months PLUS Baby ...
<<< I'm just ranting and thinking ... >>>

Fingers crossed he gets the part time work, but I know what you mean. Dh was a stay at home dad with his first son from his first marriage, so he had a lot of experience to share with me at at first. We've got our own plans in a couple of years how it'll be as he nears retirement age.

My LO was also quiet until I was pressing against my belly doing dishes just a little bit ago, then it was squirm and kick. Do you know if baby is head down yet? Midwives check position for me when I go in, I remember my OB doing it as well. Hopefully not too much pressure on your cervix, I know how uncomfortable that is :S

At this point I just hope Hubby gets something. It annoys me when he's home all day and plays games. He does get off every so often to watch a movie/show... but the irritating part is when i tell him 1 thing and he doesn't do it!
I hope he's better with baby than the dog in matters like that.

Baby must be having a quiet day. I ate a donut -- like a crazy person -- but drank over half a bottle of water afterwards. They still are staying low. I just got a shifted movement, but that's probably the largest movement this afternoon. Probably meaning they'll be going crazy during dinner time.

For a while I was pretty sure i had a little butt up near my ribs. I know that the butt and back are the hardest "points", and I kept having a really hard spot wiggle around for a while, and some rapid moving areas near by -- figured those were knees, legs and feet. Most of the "soft" movements I feel are usually lower and i'm thinking they are the hands/fingers. I don't think i've had a "punch"

My docs haven't check the position yet. I'm sure they'll start palpations soon to figure out which way baby is facing.

Well I managed to vacuum the house, do the dishes, get diapers folded, but I still need to sweep the kitchen and wash the counters and figure out what to make for dinner. Dh just text me he's off work so hopefully he can help me figure something out to make, nothing on my monthly planner looks enticing lol.

I'd be bothered if my dh didn't do things I'd asked him to do during the day. My dh is a bit forgetful, so I leave him a sticky note to remember to take the trash out or do the cat box if it's that pressing. Generally he always does cleanup. I told him I'm starting to have a harder time getting around and he asked what I'd need and I said just help with basic house stuff.

A donut sounds really good, but I can never finish a whole one lol. I think I'll have dh get a box of chocolate covered ones so I can have one this weekend :haha: My first didn't flip until very close to the end, this one seems to be head down but kind of diagonal.

I had to get a new cell phone today. My old one was not working right anymore, and I haven't had a contract for a while now. I had to stand for 1 hour in order to get it all done, and set up etc....I am so broken now, I had to lie down. I feel so useless....

Awe I'm sorry Dove!
I just ordered a new case for mine. It's supposed to have a bumper on the front and the back is supposed to be sealed (no water leakage) ... My color is on back order so i'm having to wait like 2 weeks, which i'm not upset about since I've already waited like forever to order new ones anyways. Hubby needs his new one though, his case is worse off than mine.

Hubby applied for the part time work he was telling me about. Since he knows the boss, it should go fairly quick.

Very excited that baby is active this morning. Kicking me right in the middle of my tummy.
I tried my own palpating but i can't seem to find baby unless they are up at the top. It seems they like to retreat to the back and don't want to be found. When I feel the little bump protruding i rub it and pat it as much as i can :haha:
I guess we'll find out soon which way little one is facing.

If Hubby gets this part time job, it will actually work out really well for us til after baby is born. He'll have 4 days at home.... He'll start working on the room and actually make some progress! I want him to figure out his stuff first. I'll come in when i get a chance and probably point at what i want moved/done/sold...
He'll probably still play his games quite a bit, and i'll be surprised if he is on it less so he can get something done around the house.

dove - so sorry you're feeling so down, but at least you got it all done and have your phone situation worked out now. Hope you got some rest by now and feel a little bit better!

StarGazer - I hope it works out for you guys, dh getting the part time work! It's funny you mention palpating and trying to find baby because I had a dream about lying on my back and trying to like move the baby from the outside, it was weird. Mine isn't quite active yet since I've been up and stuff but I'm sure they'll start going once breakfast kicks in haha.

Afm woo, 30 weeks today! Which means, coming into the single digit weeks. I was sooo hungry this morning. Dh had to be at work at 4:30 so I heard him shuffling around around 2 am. I always sleep kind of funky when he has to be at work really early. Took some bump pics and and I am feeling so huge, ugh lol.

Oh My 30 Weeks!!! Congrats Jess! I'm getting there, i'm only a week and a few days behind you.

I'm sure his job will work out one way or another. If anything Hubby will have more time off to do stuff around the house. And I'll have more time soon too :D

I've been extra hungry for breakfast last few days. Which is odd for me no matter pregnant or not. I'm eating 2 pop tarts and a pack of snack crackers. I'm still hungry but starting to feel bleh.
I can feel tummy stretch pains, which are making me not feel good, cause they just make me feel like something is wrong with me, and baby is pushing right where it's stretching too >,<
Trying to drink more water and I just don't know if i can.... I struggle with 2 bottles a day. I just don't like water.

I need to take another belly shot, probably monday since it's more "meaningful" to take one the beginning of 3rd Tri.

Thanks!

Breakfast is usually the best time for me to eat, I always try to get lots of food in me in the mornings because that seems to be when my appetite is best.

I've found sometimes adding fruit to water helps if the flavor is just not working for you. Luckily I learned to enjoy water, but I still don't drink as much as I should lol.

It's nice out today and it's supposed to rain tomorrow then go back to nice for a couple weeks. Hard to believe today is the start of Fall (my favorite!!) My trees and bushes are starting to turn, but the northwest is in its prime in October when all the hills are bright orange and yellow!

I'm excited to be 30 weeks, but soon enough I'll be chugging raspberry leaf tea and feeling miserable. I am feeling more and more that this little one is a boy, which I know my younger ds will just be excited about. I can't imagine having another girl, for some reason, and I know dd is very independent and she would probably just continue to stay by herself. Only a few more weeks to find out haha.

Well wanting and having to eat breakfast is kinda making me leery about my test coming up next week. If i don't eat when I feel i need to i end up deal with my reflux... and drinking that sugary drink isn't a very good breakfast! 100g's of sugar at 8a is kinda like O_O

Baby is much higher today, pushing it's what-i'm-assuming Butt into my side.... it's been achy all day.
I'm going to have to start applying more oil to my belly so i don't get horrible stretch marks. If i get a few i don't care, but if the oil reduces them, i'll be happier.

I'm still leaning towards a girl. Probably cause i'd like one, but I stop and stare at baby boy clothes more.... The pink "girly" stuff turns me off (probably cause i'm not one myself and don't want to dress my girl up like a tutu prima donna...)
My dreams are keeping me guessing since they keep going back and forth... so i can't rely on my subconscious to tell me anything.

The dream I had last night was Hubby cut his hair... he ended up with a bald spot because he was pulling back on his hair so much, Plus he had a little misshaped spot from pulling back for over 4 years. (Mind you his hair is well past his shoulders)
And also in the dream we ended up with 2 more cars and he was arranging them in a crazy way under the car port -- which wouldn't have physically worked for only a 2-car carport, but whatever, dreams are weird.

Yeah I don't have much advice on the test coming up, but I'd suggest getting some protein as soon as you can, I would die if I had to go three hours without food lol. I can't even go that long during sleeping hours, and it sucks. I eat between 500-600 calories for breakfast and it holds me for a couple hours at best, but it's great energy. Have you looked into GD diets yet?

I don't really dress dd up girly much either, maybe bright bows in her hair to keep it out of her eyes but generally she's dirtier and messier than her brothers. Girl stuff is cute but I don't really buy into it, and my younger son loves pink more than her lol.

As for the oil, it probably won't do much good, stretch marks are basically all down to genetics. The best way you'll have to even try to prevent them is slow weight gain and staying hydrated.

and lol at the dream. When Dh is in my dreams he usually has short hair, but it's not short irl, it sticks out everywhere like a mixture of Tim Burton, Bruce Dern, and Christopher Lloyd's Doc Brown. He says "it keeps people away" but really people stare at him all the time haha.

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven’t popped in in awhile. Glad to hear you’re all doing well.

Happy 30 weeks Jessica! Can’t believe we’re now reaching the weekly countdown.

Stargazer good luck with your test next week.

Afm, finally in third tri, yay! 10 weeks to go now (if I make it that far). Ended up going into hospital on Thursday as I had stopped feeling baby B. Had a scan done by the ob and babies were squirming away. So glad to get some reassurance. I have a growth scan this Tuesday also. In 4 short weeks we’ll be setting up my birth plan with the ob, can’t believe I’m getting so close to that point.

Sushai glad to hear you're doing okay, crazy to think your little ones will be here soon too! Can't wait for your scan... and good that you made sure to get checked out, can't imagine how it'd be with twins lol.

dove - yaaaay so close to the end, and it is happening fast lol

It's official now ... 28 Weeks and finally in the 3rd Trimester and have 3 Months to go! Super crazy how time has flown by!

Baby moving around a million times more than the other day -- the "Lazy" day. Some times i Love the feeling of the wiggles, others i'm like >,< Ooph and it just hurts. But in the end, I'm glad that baby is doing well, and it gives me reassurance!

My mom didn't get too many stretch marks, but she's larger though... She told me that the oil will help. So i'm putting it on here and there. Probably more so in these next few months than I have for the past 6.

I now wake up around 2am to pee, and drink some water.

Sushai -- glad to hear everything is going well! Happy and welcome to the 3rd Trimester!
Dove -- Happy 26 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->