• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Mine is also on the right side, usually, but since I have a short torso and my babies tend to be longer (dh is 6'2") their weight sits right on my bladder. Plus I drink a lot of water, lol. Luckily my bathroom isn't a far walk for me, kind of anxious to see how it goes when I get close to the end how much I'll have to waddle.

I got to see the moon a few times last night and this morning: so bright and nice!

These lunch time naps are awesome!
I just set my alarm and prop up my feet on my bookcase and snooze! Some times I wake up before the alarm (like i usually do in the mornings) but it doesn't feel bad to rest a little longer til it goes off (it's only by a few mins anyways).

I'm trying to get my water in. I try to make it my main drink for the day. If I want something with flavor i attempt to make it a small amount -- 8-12oz.
Like right now i have a juice that i'm finishing off and then I'll fill up my water bottle for the rest of the day.

Oh and when baby likes to "push" out... I poke where ever they are pushing. Sunday i was fun cause they would move, and push out again and I'd poke them. I was a game for a little while.
It still can start to hurt if they push too hard while i'm sitting up. But if I'm laying back or down it's fun to play with baby.

Star I’m glad hubby got the job, I hope he gets his start date soon so you can start planning stuff.

Ladies do you find your little naps make sleeping at night even worse? My sleep is awful at night with getting up to wee, baby wriggling and can’t get comfortable but I’ve resisted a daytime nap as I thought it would make night time even worse

I had a scan today, so nice to see baby moving around, she is never still haha
Baby was sitting up and had her legs up over her head which made getting all the pics and measurements very difficult and I had a trainee doing it too so it took forever, not good with a full bladder haha my next scan is in 4 weeks yay the good thing about being an older mummy

Awe!!! I'm jealous! I wanna see what this little bugger is doing in my belly! Sticking what I assume to be it's little butt out makes it look like i have a hernia! It's uncomfortable, i rub and poke at it until they stop pushing so much. -- But i'm mainly having those "pushing" feelings on my belly. I'm pretty sure it's the butt cause i feel little flutters down low which i'm taking to me hands. --- I'm pretty sure this child has My and my Hubby's legs --- Strong and long!

I'm not worried since how he has the job lined up, so he's just working out the remaining annoying days of what he's currently doing and should be starting the other soon afterwards.
But we have house work, building and other things going on that it would be nice for him to be off during the week to work on.

I just started taking short naps during my lunch break. I can't say much how they are affecting my night time sleep. My major issue is my arms/hands hurting which wake me up. It's hard to go back to sleep when you have that going on. Baby wiggling doesn't really bother me as much as the arm i want to yank off.

Star - I'm glad you're enjoying your naps and that they're helping you! I notice the same thing with the butt up in my right side ribs, and the wiggling way down low, they like to stretch out and stick their butt out, funny enough my dd still does this move at two years old. Any amount of water helps, I'm sure, and adding flavor probably is a good thing if it encourages hydration!

MrsDuck - woo, for a scan. Can't believe they make you do a full bladder even at this point. As for the naps, I generally take very short naps: about 15 minutes, and I always try to take them in the early afternoon because if it's after 3 it does seem to affect my sleep. So far I haven't noticed much change in my sleeping, I'm usually pretty tired by 7/8 pm.

Been having some braxton hicks a few times today, amazing how hard my belly gets, and it feels so tight. Baby is moving around like crazy though. I still feel they're going to be a boy, but I did feel the same with dd, and symptoms are all over the place. My appetite is just bleh still. Nausea always makes a comeback around that last month or so.

I think last night went well! I didn't have to get up and pee, and I did notice that my arms took turns going to "sleep" so I just flipped over and slept on the other side til that one bothered me.
I slept with a brace on -- not as tight as i do during the day -- I don't know if it really helped or not.

I've had random "cramps" but i wouldn't call them BH's, nothing that moves up or down the belly, or is band-like tightening.
If I do have them they are while I sneeze, cough, or use the bathroom -- all which affect the tightening of my belly.

Tomorrow is my 3-hr test ........... urgh The only thing i think i'm looking forward to is not being at work that early.
Might take a nap while waiting on each blood draw. Although, i have a prenatal exam during the first hour, so i think that will make that hour go by faster.

GL on your 3 hour test! I was having some really strong BH last night, enough to make me worry a little bit, but they never did get into a pattern and baby was moving around like usual. Sounds like you got some decent rest last night, hope your wrist isn't too painful today.

Afm, I had some really strange dreams this morning (reminded me of a Black Mirror episode lol). Tomorrow is my oldest's birthday so I'll likely be making his cake up today and frosting it tomorrow! I had pretty strong BH yesterday, not sure why, maybe I wasn't hydrated enough or something but they were almost painful on the top of my bump. I think I pinpointed baby's position but they shift around so much. Seems like oblique, but still very early so I'm not worried.

my arms/hands seem to be the worst while driving. probably since they are in the same position for more than 5 mins. I constantly have to change how i'm holding the wheel. I wear my brace while driving, which actually make it hurt differently, but at least i know pressure is being applied to the point that hurts the most.
Numb hands don't matter much while driving as long as i am holding the wheel.
What's difficult for me, is the arm that hurts the most is my dominate... so if I wear the brace, while i'm trying to do tasks, it's just harder.

Is it common to not have BH's? I'm curious if I'll get them in the coming months. I did read that FTM's don't always know they are having them.

Well... Hubby called while I was on break... so no nap today :(
I doubt i'll get one tomorrow since i'll be coming in late, getting lunch on the way in.
So i'm guessing sleep will probably be rough for the next 2-3 nights ....
Blah :(

I didn't get them that I noticed at all during my first pregnancy, but I had gone into the hospital to be monitored once and they showed me having lots of contractions and I didn't feel any of them. I think they're more noticeable if you've been pregnant before.

Sorry you didn't get your nap, lol. I usually don't get any on the weekends and end up super tired in the late afternoon. Dh is the type to fall asleep in any situation, so when he gets home from work he sometimes lies down on the bed and falls asleep in moments. If I lie with him on the weekends we end up taking too long of a nap.

Whats with the new forum format??? Not sure I'm liking it.

Star I hope all goes ok today with your test and I can't believe you went all night without a pee, I think I'm doing well if I only get up twice haha

My bump is definitely harder to the touch at night, I suppose digesting food etc but I don't seem to be getting any BH.

I'm definitely getting jealous of your naps ladies haha
dd has got 2 birthday parties this weekend aaaagh! Jessica I hope your dd has a lovely birthday

MrsDuck - I am not really enjoying the new forum layout yet, had to figure out how to not see posts from 2008 on there last night and it was pretty annoying. I'll see how I like it in a few days! Thanks for the birthday wishes, ds is 11 today and he's excited to get a couple things he'd been asking for lol. My belly seems to do its BH more in the afternoons, but I noticed I had two contractions just in the span of doing my workout yesterday, they were rather uncomfortable too!

Star I hope your 3 hour test goes well and you don't feel too horrible from the jabs and lack of food! At least you get to have your appointment as well and getting to hear the hb!

Afm, 31 weeks today (woo hoo) It was so hot yesterday and it made me so crabby, I did not sleep well at all, even though I managed to cool it off in the evening. I actually woke up and forgot I was pregnant except I felt this massive weight on my belly and then it dawned on me that there is a baby in there :haha:. Today is going to be busy this afternoon. Ds has an open house for his school and dh is getting off early so we can go to it and meet his teacher, then into the city to get groceries and likely dinner since I don't want to make calzone in the heat tonight. Luckily it will be back to cool and rainy tomorrow!

This new format is so weird, lol.....

I've been getting BH now for a few weeks, they aren't too bad though.

So I can't find my "subscribed threads". EDIT: I FOUND THEM... it's set to show unread...which this one was for me....idk weird layout
I looked at my watching list and this isn't listed. But at the top it only gives me the option to "Unwatch" ... so i am "watching it ...
I'm not sure i like this new format. Half of it isn't even finished or working!
As someone who works with websites --- my comment is: BAD CALL to roll it UNFINISHED!

-------------------------------

Anyways.... happy part about the glucose test was it was a finger prick rather than a draw! two fingers are bruised but i'll manage...
Bad part ... I failed .... URGH! So they are setting me up with a class to learn what to do and how to maintain it -- which nurse said was in 3 weeks. They are sending me a prescribed meter...
Urgh!

I ate a chicken biscuit afterwards and felt sick. So idk if it's from the lack of eating and then i scarfed down something or what.
Now i'm on the sugar low and I'm feeling horrible. Made it to work some how I don't even remember half the trip.

Last edited:
I'm still figuring out this layout, but one thing is for sure: it sucks on my phone! I spent like thirty minutes getting irritated at it last night before bed, because I couldn't get it to load current threads, it was showing a bunch of stuff from April??? Like wtf?

Star - sorry about your test results! A couple other ladies in the group posted on fb that they also failed, one hasn't taken her 3 hour test yet. There are groups on here about GD that will help you, but basically you have to make sure you get plenty of protein and fats to balance your carbs and to stay away from the ones that spike your sugar. At least you'll only have to deal with it for a couple more months! Seems kind of weird they'd wait 3 weeks for you to take the class, hopefully things will work out though.

I felt pretty nauseated this morning, but I did manage to get myself ready for my busy day and the kids are all playing with toys (one found my mirror and she's playing with her reflection again lol). My oldest is pretty happy to have gotten a bunch of books he'd been hoping for, and he's okay with having his celebration tomorrow. I just don't have the time/energy to make his cake this morning and I don't have all the supplies to make his frosting up (dh forgot some stuff at the store last week).

Idk about these BH, they're not too bad today so far, but starting to get nausea again is no fun. I'll have to carry ginger around with me again now :S.

I just don't get on FB that much to really follow anything anymore. I have a ton of groups i'm subscribed to, and i just glance over stuff now. Unless I see something amazing... i usually just close the app.

I was trying to post while I was waiting for the nurse, but nothing was loading, I was having issues logging in. So I gave up. I ended up playing sudoku while I waited. It's the only thing on my phone that doesn't take a ton of battery power.

I hate diets. I've never been good at sticking to them or doing them period! I've bought "healthy" options before and when i finally got to them everything was bad.
So i'm going to have to sit down and figure out what i even have that I can eat at home... Kinda glad i ran out of soda when I did -- and still pissed the store stopped carrying the Cranberry Ginger Ale! So i'm going to have to drink water and milk (and I hope that I can drink the Whole milk i get for Hubby -- if i get 2% or less He'll drink 4x more, and I can't afford to buy 8 gallons a week. I'm already at 5... and since he'll be out of work and then working only weekends...I'm sure i'll work my way up to 6 easy....)
My biggest issue is I just bought stuff that I can't have any more. Fudgesicles, candy, swiss rolls ....

I'm feeling sick still from that sugar drink. Some heartburn mixed with just feeling like crap. I"m sleepy and trying to get some work done...

The nurse asked me what week I am, and she said 4 but then told her I would be 29 on Monday that it would be 3 weeks... I don't know maybe it's the wait time for them to set up times to talk to people? So basically i'm waiting on a call from whom ever to set up the class thing, and then a message from the pharmacy about my meter. I know that I can't take the medication or baby will suffer horrible, and I cant handle putting myself much less baby through that HORRIBLE pill!
But I had a feeling when the 3rd came back over the range that I was going to fail the last one... :/ oh well .....
I think I did well for the first 2 trimesters, a few months of pricking my finger won't kill me.

I'm sure you'll be okay, and maybe it will help you eat better after pregnancy if that's something you're concerned with. I used to eat so much crap, I think mainly it'll be adding in more protein and fats. As for cow's milk, I think it has some sugar in it, but probably nothing serious. I honestly haven't drank cow's milk for so long, I don't miss it. Dd and dh drink it occasionally, so I buy whole milk in the two quart cartons for them, and I use it for cooking for some recipes. Anything low fat or low salt usually makes up for it in sugar, I generally avoid processed stuff as much as possible for this reason. Fat isn't necessarily bad either. We eat a lot of beans, vegetables, whole wheat pastas...

Sorry you're feeling so poorly after that test, I know it would have been just as bad for me, too, so I imagine feeling terrible for hours sucks so bad. I'm hoping you can stomach something that will help you feel a little better soon.

I'm trying not to get on fb much today because there's a lot of drama going on in politics and it's just so stressful right now.

Only a couple months of pricking your finger doesn't sound so terrible, maybe you'll get some growth scans?? Not sure what medicine they'd put you on, and usually I've heard you don't need medicine unless you cannot control sugars with your diet.

In the end I think i'll do fine. It's getting to that point that worries me.
I have only 2 hours between when i get home and i have to be in bed. So having to prep and cook something in less than 30min is ideal... which from my experience, doesn't happen (even when they say it can be done... [by the way, thawing should be accounted for in prep time])

I wouldn't mind some growth scans! I'd love to see this little bugger! Who is head down! Nurse couldn't find the heart above my belly button, she had to go near my panty line to find it! So yup.... the little butt is definitely sticking to my rib!
The cute part of her doing the doppler was baby kicked it and then moved away from it. Nurse was like "I can tell you don't like it" haha << best thing was hearing that heartbeat today! -- strong 154! (or 158 I can't remember)

Metformin is probably what they'll prescribe --- HORRIBLE HORRIBLE stuff!
But i'm hoping that I can keep carbs, sugars and sodium down....and I don't end up with keeping the diagnosis afterwards -- or worse yet, cause baby to have diabetes :(

Yeah I took metformin years ago, and it is terrible. Made me feel pretty nasty! Usually GD goes away with delivery and baby doesn't have many issues, sometimes their sugars are off when they're born, I haven't heard of it being way serious though. I love listening to the hb! I haven't listened with my doppler for a long time, but it's good baby is head down, hopefully they stay that way lol.

Luckily most things do go away after delivery (and the following weeks) So i'm hoping this is one of them and Baby doesn't suffer from any of it.

I'm glad baby is down. I don't think i'd like to experience the flipping madness that can occur. I'm just hoping this little butt doesn't cause any more discomfort. If they push too hard i have to straighten and lean back to release some pressure.

Well still not feeling well, stressing myself out over looking up what I can eat vs what I have at home (which by the way is NOTHING) Since i didn't know how long i'd stay at work today, I did a few things that don't require the database... so now i'm sitting here doing nothing with 30 mins left. I guess tonight's dinner is going to be veggies and water. Hubby will have to make himself something if he wants to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->