Christmas Food Stash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rileys.Mammy

Mammy to 2
Reaction score
So has anybody started buying their christmas food yet? I have but not much yet, I usually get 1 item a week when I go shopping.
I've got 4-pack J2O's, chocolate fingers and fabulous choc fingers xx

I've gotta get back into my diet before I can trust myself not to eat it lol hopefully will start it the end of this month :)

I haven't got the room to store it so can't start until November. Bad enough finding hiding places for the presents lol. Hubby is currently making a blackberry wine which should be ready then :)

I am not bothering this year as most it ends up getting binned

I have trouble finding the space to just hide presents so don't typically bother grocery shopping for Christmas until December.

I stash mine at my nans house as OH will find them and eat it otherwise lol xx

I plan to make chocolates this year, so won't really buy much for sweets, but in the next month or so I plan to buy some cheese balls, crackers, stuffing, etc... and in November I get frozen things like lollipop shrimp, bacon wrapped scallops etc.. :D I stock up when turkeys are on sale too (sorry ladies) as a buy frozen :p

So has anybody started buying their christmas food yet? I have but not much yet, I usually get 1 item a week when I go shopping.
I've got 4-pack J2O's, chocolate fingers and fabulous choc fingers xx

I have not but I think buying one item a week is a fab idea! so thanks for this :)

:thumbup:

xx

Just a heads up if you girls have a 99p store ours have the smaller glass bottles of J20 (pack of 4) x

I would eat it if I bought it this early. I need to sort the larder cupboard so the top shelf is free so I can store the cupboard foods. I may get jars of sauces and stuff then. But I'd def eat any sweets lol
I may start with the things I can freeze though as we just got a new fridge freezer, and kept our old chest freezer so have double the space. And thats less likely to be eaten.

I have got a tin of roses and celebrations (sure they are smaller this year) and a Terry's choc orange so far

My OH picked up 2 tubs of chocolate from morrisons today. Thomas has already broken into 1.

I have some mint Matchmakers, a few Terry's oranges, and possibly something else - I can't remember lol xx

Same as TopTrump, I'm not going to buy lots of food as always end up binning it or not eating it. I'm even going to try and be good when I do the Christmas food shop as I always go way overboard, why I think the three of us and a few visitors are going to consume a million times more food in the space of a few days than normal I will never understand!!

I don't bother as we never eat that much.

I will be soon, I've ordered my ususal nestle and cadbrys vouchers off my ebay man so 1st week of December I'm hitting the shops to get Xmas goodies... For some reason Aswell I've noticed the vouchers take it money off the whole shop, so will get the rest the same day Aswell :D xxx

So far I have a triangular shaped toblerone hanging thing and a box of matchmakers

None of my local shops are actually stocking Christmas stuff yet. I assume once the 'Back to School' stuff goes, the goodies will come in. I don't usually start until November as we have 3 birthdays in Oct and any goodies would only end up getting used for that. Cant wait though, its the only time I actually enjoy cleaning out the food cupboard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"