Christmas Stocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was growing up we had stockings that would go on the end of our bed on Christmas Eve. The presents in them would be from Father Christmas. They would be smaller presents like sweets, a little toy or a book. We are going to do the same with Imogen. For her stocking I have got a few little toys, a mini book library, some bubbles, pyjamas and a little chocolate santa.

i'm still undecided re: stockings - when i was little we didn't have them, but we put anempty pillow case on the end of our beds, which santa filled with a few of our presents. we weren't allowed to open them until we all got up, though, and we took them downstairs.

i think i like the idea of having the stocking with a few small presents / sweets to bring into our room and open together in bed, but i'm a little worried about putting it in his room. for one thing i'm worried he'd wake up, and also i used to know a little girl who was terrified of santa because he was a stranger who was going to come into her room at night while she was asleep. i know he's too young for those things to be an issue now, but i'm thinking ahead.

my other idea is to get a sack, in which we will put all but the biggest presents. but then that's like saying the presents are all from santa, as he puts them in the sack, and i want only the stocking, and maybe one present to be from santa - i much prefer the idea that christmas is a time when people give presents to their loved ones, so i want him to know who everything is from.

hmm, i think stocking for little things, and everything else under the tree. just need to get him a stocking now!

As a kid I was scared of santa so my dad had to stay up and santa gave him our stocking and present at the front door and would bring them up to our rooms.

i'm still undecided re: stockings - when i was little we didn't have them, but we put anempty pillow case on the end of our beds, which santa filled with a few of our presents. we weren't allowed to open them until we all got up, though, and we took them downstairs.

i think i like the idea of having the stocking with a few small presents / sweets to bring into our room and open together in bed, but i'm a little worried about putting it in his room. for one thing i'm worried he'd wake up, and also i used to know a little girl who was terrified of santa because he was a stranger who was going to come into her room at night while she was asleep. i know he's too young for those things to be an issue now, but i'm thinking ahead.

my other idea is to get a sack, in which we will put all but the biggest presents. but then that's like saying the presents are all from santa, as he puts them in the sack, and i want only the stocking, and maybe one present to be from santa - i much prefer the idea that christmas is a time when people give presents to their loved ones, so i want him to know who everything is from.

hmm, i think stocking for little things, and everything else under the tree. just need to get him a stocking now!

As a kid I was scared of santa so my dad had to stay up and santa gave him our stocking and present at the front door and would bring them up to our rooms.

ah, bless x

i'm thinking the stocking will go on the fireplace, or maybe - when he's older - on the banister or on the outside of his bedroom door, so he can bring it in to us ans we can open it in bed before going downstairs. found a great site for stockings - you can design your own, and there are loads of pictures to put on them:

https://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/create-your-own-t-shirt-C59

Sorry I've not read all the replies but here (yet to discuss with DH as I assumed it normal!) the stocking is from Father Christmas and presents from under the tree are labelled from mummy and daddy or other family/friends as appropriate. One present from under the tree is from Father Christmas.

I've only just started doing it this year :flower: the stocking will go on the end of the bed and all the gifts that go in there are from Santa, everything under the tree is from family and friends :flower:

Stocking are hung on your bed on christmas eve and santa fills it. In our house the stockings are quiet big as it is all that santa brings.

I always remember mine as a child being filled with a lot of art suplies as they are designed to keep the kids amused till all the rest of the presents are opened after dinner.

Stocking are hung on your bed on christmas eve and santa fills it. In our house the stockings are quiet big as it is all that santa brings.

I always remember mine as a child being filled with a lot of art suplies as they are designed to keep the kids amused till all the rest of the presents are opened after dinner.

you open presents after dinner? i don't remember any of ours ever lasting past breakfast as a kid!!! :haha:

we put day to day things in our like toothbrush/paste bath wash also sweets little books and novelty bits. This year ours are on show and christmas eve i'll fill them and they will be on LO's door waiting for then they wake x

we had ours on the ends of our beds and always got a bottle of Matey bubble bath, choccy coins, a clementine, a toothbrush and a couple of very small gifts. :D i think it was the most exciting part! waking up and feeling it heavy on the end of the bed and realising that santa had been!!

i had a sack when i was little and lo will have the same, the main things will be under the tree from us the rest will be in her sack with maybe 1 or 2 bigger things in there. she also has a stocking hanging from our stairs but thats really for decoration as its only small

we had ours on the ends of our beds and always got a bottle of Matey bubble bath, choccy coins, a clementine, a toothbrush and a couple of very small gifts. :D i think it was the most exciting part! waking up and feeling it heavy on the end of the bed and realising that santa had been!!

ohhh yes I completely agree I can still remember that feeling of excitement:)

^Agreed, although trying to sleep Christmas eve was just torture until Santa had been :lol:

As a child I put my stocking outside my bedroom door and Santa would fill it. I would always, without fail, wake up in the early hours of the morning and check my stocking, if it was bulging then I knew Santa had been and I'd be sooo excited! I was allowed to open my stocking alone from about 4am onwards to tide me over until we went downstairs to open the bigger presents. I would always have a satsuma, chocolate coins and a new toothbrush and then things like tapes (old school haha!) Jewellery, such as a silver ring, knickers and socks, pens, chocolates and sweets.. For LO last year and this year his stocking will be downstairs on top of his main gifts but when he's older it'll go outside his bedroom door or on the end of his bed. All presents in my house were wrapped and from Santa, and it'll be the same for LO. Xx

haven't read through so sorry if repeated...our were all wrapped and put at the end of our beds, we still do one for each other every year too..sometime i leave things like choc coins loose, oh has bits like, sweets, ring for beer bell, paper plane set, keying, deodorant, silly bits really! we used to take our stockings into mum and all open them on her bed, we open ours in bed now too x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->