Christmas...

divadexie

Reaction score
I am totaly unsure of what to do!

We were suppose to be having xmas dinner here, with OH parents. Which I was totaly freaking out because not only have I never cooked xmas dinner before, but I have never cooked for OH mum and she knows how to throw a good dinner party!

Also there is the point of hardly any money! :( I have a £50 nursey invoice to be paid by 21st, and me and oh only get paid twice more between now and xmas - there is only really enough for rent and weekly shop, I still have xmas presents to buy!

So yesterday when I told OH mum I had been feeling really sick lately and it's not likely to go away until like january, she offered to do xmas dinner at hers.
Which would be great as I don't have to worry about burning stuff etc or having to buy extra food and can use the last wages for the rest of the xmas presents.

But OH says he will do the cooking I can sit but I will feel bad for that. I know the dogs are going to be a pain as they don't see OH parents often and get hyper. It's alot of hassle as we have to collapse the dining table and move into the livingroom to eat as its too cold in the conservatory.
Also he is complaining because he wants to relax and have a drink!

How do I convince him it will be better to have it at his mums?
Oh, and i still haven't told him I want to go to my aunties boxing day for the buffet! lol

Maybe his mum can convince him if you can't? It's a shame but when you are sick and pregnant you need to be able to relax and be looked after. Playing hostess is a stress even when you don't have to cook - you feel responsible for making sure that everyone is happy. Men often just don't seem to get it!

You could sit down and explain to him how you feel and that you will not have the energy to prepare your home and the meal right now. That if you have it at his mom's both of you can relax and enjoy the day.

If he doesn't change his mind you can PM me, I have a great turkey recipe that is very easy!

His mum is doing the turkey for us as my oven is crappy! Lol
But I still need to write lists of everything else I need to buy and do and argh! So much! Lol

Here's hoping you can convince him to have it at his moms...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->