Clomid at 42?

Happypregnant

Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi, I tried clomid about 11 months ago when I was 41 and I got pregnant on the first try... however, I sadly lost the baby at 19 weeks due to congenital problemas :wacko: and so I was too traumatized to try again. I am now ready but I am already 42 and a bit scared to try clomid, even though it worked on the first try last time... any one out there that is over 40 and TTC? I would love to hear from you. Today is day one of my period, I am going to start taking clomid tomorrow... I would love to share my good news with the forum. Good vibes and thoughts appreciated... and some moral support would be lovely. Thank you ladies.

Hi, I tried clomid about 11 months ago when I was 41 and I got pregnant on the first try... however, I sadly lost the baby at 19 weeks due to congenital problemas :wacko: and so I was too traumatized to try again. I am now ready but I am already 42 and a bit scared to try clomid, even though it worked on the first try last time... any one out there that is over 40 and TTC? I would love to hear from you. Today is day one of my period, I am going to start taking clomid tomorrow... I would love to share my good news with the forum. Good vibes and thoughts appreciated... and some moral support would be lovely. Thank you ladies.

Hi happy :hi:
So sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:. I'm 40 and TTC #1, not taking clomid at the moment but have a FS appointment on wednesday so will see what comes from that. Can I ask, why are you afraid to try clomid again? Where you ok on it or did you get SE? You will find lots of support on this forum, these ladies are amazing.

I am going to be 42 in 2 weeks and i took clomid, an ovidrel shot and did an IUI in september that landed me pregnant....

hi lov, im 44 n on clomid, 2nd round, doin ok, this mth no side effects, that in itself felt strange, good luck xxx, love donna xxx

Hi Keekee... thank you...why am I scared? I am scared of going thru an ordeal again... it was so hard to lose a baby that far along, at 18/19 weeks!!!! I am scared of being older and clomid may not work too good as one year has gone by and at this age fertility declines very quickly and... not only did I lose two babies, but one of those babies had Down's syndrome. Also as much as I want another baby, I wonder if I am too old... I am scared of another miscarriage or that it may not work or worse, my baby not being well... but it made me so happy to see your replies. I took my first clomid tablet today... Keekee what is SE? @ Sadie... what is Ovidrel? and how many tries did you do Clomid before falling pregnant? and... by the way, congratulations! @ Donna, thank you as well and good luck to you... One last thing, I don't know how to come back to your replies... is there a quick way I can see if anyone has replied? I have to look for my thread the hard way lol.... lots of love xxxx thanks for replying...

5 minutes later... I figured it out how to get notificantions when you ladies reply to me... yay!!!! I suscribed to my own thread lol and asked for it to notify me... anyone got headaches from Clomid? x

Hi happy. I was on 50 mg of clomid for two months (july and august) and then upped it to 100 mg for my september cycle. ovidrel is an injection I gave to myself in order to 'trigger' the release of the eggs, approx 36 hours before the scheduled IUI. i often wonder if Ovidrel can be used with people that do not do an IUI.... Some girls have eggs, but they never actually are released..... Just a thought.

i'm hoping that all will be OK. It helps that we did an IUI in that my OH's sperm was washed and they separated the strong from the weak, and injected the healthier ones into my uterus. We also dtd, so who really knows what caused me to land on the pregnant side of the fence!?

good luck!!

Hi Sadie... is this your first baby? are you going to have an amnio? so you are about 3 months pregant right? did you not ovulate on 50mg of clomid? x

I ovulated on 50, but since we wanted to do an IUI, we pushed it higher. My OH lives across the ocean so our ovulating time together was limited. During the summer, our timing wasnt 100% perfect, so we scheduled his visit for september and got the 'job' done!
I will do an amnio for the sake of knowing, but I am not so sure about the CVS....

Also, yes this will be my first!

Ok, but I guess you didn't really need an IUI, you did it that way cuz of circumstances then?

We did it to up the chance of success. We live in separate countries and after doing the math, we realized that from sept 2011 thru june 2012, i never was going to ovulate when we would have been together, during my work vacations.

i was prescribed clomid too. just wish i could start using it, AF is waaaay over due! btw............i'm 43, just turned 43 and doc doesn't think i'm meno-- i imagine he wouldn't have given me the drugs if he thought i was:winkwink:

good luck and let us know how things are going??

5 minutes later... I figured it out how to get notificantions when you ladies reply to me... yay!!!! I suscribed to my own thread lol and asked for it to notify me... anyone got headaches from Clomid? x

on my 1st round of clomid i had a horrendous headache for 3 of the 5 days that i was taking it, but this round iv had no side effects at all xxxxx

on my 1st round of clomid i had a horrendous headache for 3 of the 5 days that i was taking it, but this round iv had no side effects at all xxxxx[/QUOTE]

did u take them during the day or night? x

Hello ladies, :flower: I should be in bed :sleep: but I am reading about babies and mothers and I feel that the next 25 days will take forever :growlmad::sulk::sulk: (26 to see if I am pregnant as I am on day 3 of my period lol) I need to read some more success stories....:hugs:

I say stop stressing and stay away from these forums! They just make you analyze everything and stress out more! You need to be relaxed and stress-free! :dust:

I say stop stressing and stay away from these forums! They just make you analyze everything and stress out more! You need to be relaxed and stress-free! :dust:

I know huh... lol... I need to chill out... easier said than done... a caribbean beach with white sand and people to wait on me, under the nice, shiny sun would really do it for me hahahahah....

on my 1st round of clomid i had a horrendous headache for 3 of the 5 days that i was taking it, but this round iv had no side effects at all xxxxx

did u take them during the day or night? x[/QUOTE]

was told to take them every morn, i asked about taking at night n was told no i shouldn't n also asked if 50mg didnt work this time, could i go to 100 n again told no, im not impressed xxxx

I know huh... lol... I need to chill out... easier said than done... a caribbean beach with white sand and people to wait on me, under the nice, shiny sun would really do it for me hahahahah....

i agree, that would be lovely for all of us, xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->